Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 684 685 [686] 687 688 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 781304 times)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com

Or you could cooperate with a soldier, demo, heavy, medic, or sniper to deal with the mini.

I'd be happy to see a 1 metal increase in price because it wouldn't really change anything but it would stop the complaints for a while...
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile

Fucking hate the minisentries.

As it stands now, its just too powerful. But it wouldnt take very much to make it less so. I would be in favor of lowering its Rate of Fire by like 33% and reduce its rotation speed by 33% too.

Even if its, not by the numbers, superior to a level 1 and level 2 sentry, it really does feel like it. And generally when talking about balance, "feels" is paramount.

Like, I can run up to a forming lvl1 sentry and blast it with the FoN with two strikes and take it out. Where as the Minisentries, can take two blasts, form up, take nother two rounds, and then kill me.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: Love and War! "I've done nothing but teleport bread for 3 d
« Reply #10277 on: August 09, 2014, 01:17:22 am »

Always forget it's an achievement unlock. Haven't played in donkey's years. The achievements just sort of happen by themselves, I'm pretty sure I didn't try for any of them.

But I'll stand by the "best item in the game" comment. Which explains the hate :)

How would a 1 metal increase help? Fair enough, you can't just put down one and then another later, but a backup low-level dispenser is half the point of a combat engy anyway, isn't it? I really have to play more......

Arcs could nerf them out of use completely, but wouldn't fix them. A lvl 1-2 turret does just as much evil, but everyone's fine with them locking down choke-points. 150 metal and a bit of waiting doesn't change much, it just makes it a defensive class by default.
It's a game. Have fun.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile

Lvl1 sentries never feels like a 'Gotcha!' And the minisentries, always does. It often times feels punishing. The default sentry doesnt have this issue.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Yeah, minisentries are OP incarnate. My highest point streak is 110 points as a gunslinger engie on turbine, go figure.

Gunslinger engie is really fun to play though, especially since you have the three best weapons in the game: the shotgun, the pistol and the gunslinger. All of them are extremely versatile weapons if you know how to use them.

Limiting the minisentry range to 90° sounds like a good plan, because it would actually limit them to already-existing chokepoints. (Although 160° angle is probably better.)

On a somewhat related note, it makes me sad that the axetinguisher nerf caused basically all pyros to use flare guns exclusively instead of the shotty. (Yes, I absolutely love the shotgun. The only case when it's not that good is when you're a heavy)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 04:00:37 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile

I just like setting people on fire, from a far. Its delicious to hear those dings.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile

I like using the flare gun like a sniper rifle. Step out, fire at head height across 2Fort, duck back in and listen for the crit noise. The delayed shots means I can imagine people wondering who just shot them.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

but the shotgun is so goooood ;_;

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile

But, who doesn't love spamming flares down hallways or skirmishing?

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile

The cloaked spies you end up setting alight completely by accident? :P

I do miss the shotgun sometimes. It is really useful if you're chasing someone and need to deal some fast, heavy damage.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile

I do miss the shotgun sometimes. It is really useful if you're chasing someone and need to deal some fast, heavy damage.

I miss the shotty when you're facing another pyro, and he has one while you got the flare gun.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile

I miss the shotty when you're facing another pyro, and he has one while you got the flare gun.

Such a time is for the performance of the traditional dance amongst pyros. Circling around each other using the flamethrower.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile

Wait, axetinguisher got nerfed? D:
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: Love and War! "I've done nothing but teleport bread for 3 d
« Reply #10288 on: August 09, 2014, 10:49:23 am »

Yep. It's now like the spy's knife. It only deals crits from behind, and mini-crits from the front. Assuming they're on fire of course. But then again it is still a melee weapon, so a burst of flame and a mini-crit is still going to be painful. But it's not the murdering machine it used to be.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile

That still sounds pretty good. I'd still use flamethrower/degreaser + shotty +axetinguisher rather than flare gun.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.
Pages: 1 ... 684 685 [686] 687 688 ... 774