Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 781357 times)

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: Classless update is here!
« Reply #960 on: September 02, 2009, 01:30:16 pm »

it's never populated when i go on either, i may be on lator.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: September 02, 2009, 01:48:51 pm »

it's never populated when i go on either, i may be on lator.

SHAD0Wdump is spy!

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: September 02, 2009, 03:36:42 pm »

All these screenshots somehow make it even more annoying that nobody's ever on the Bay12 server when I'm on. Like now. Right now.
Well, it's an european server. So the ping is beyond what I find acceptable (150ish at least) and at the time people are playing on it, I usually am busy elsewhere. So it's sort of hard, every time I go to play it has 0 players, and I want to play not sit there and wait and then have to play 1v1.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: September 02, 2009, 04:20:05 pm »

Same here Soulwynd.

we need some times to play.

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: September 02, 2009, 11:00:47 pm »

Well I no longer have a hat. Why? Because Valve are fucking retards! No wait that's not right they are hypocritical fucking retards! In their latest update they do two things, firstly they admit that hat drops were far too low. Secondly they punish anyone who already realised this and cared enough to do something about it. This is by far their stupidest move and it's going completely against their previous policy. Lets take a look at when the medic update first came out, you had to get every single achievement for the ubersaw. People realised this was broken and so achievement farming servers were born. Valve saw this and said, yes we made a mistake, here have your ubersaw blutsauger and kritzkrieg after getting only a few achievements. And those who had already farmed them were allowed to keep theirs because they cared enough to actually do so. They didn't go and give everyone who hadn't farmed an ubersaw and take those who had's away from them!

tl:dr Valve screwed me over like a cheap Taiwanese whore and now I'm pissed.
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: September 02, 2009, 11:20:31 pm »

It's just a hat... you didn't even do any real work to get it. It doesn't give you any actual benefits unlike the weapons. Why are you crying?

I've never been successful at idling. Simply because whenever I log on an idle server, I love the super enclosed, tiny battlefield room format and end up playing with whoever else is silly enough to duel in such a silly place for hours.

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: September 02, 2009, 11:37:31 pm »

It's not about the hat, it's about the fact that I am being punished for caring about the game, of all the plaers who are being rewarded for supposedly taking the high road only a ver small portion actually are. The vast majority are being rewarded for not caring about the game. Also the thing they are removing items for is not playing on idling servers but for using a third party application to connect you to the server and automatically delete duplicates for you. The problem is that they are saying that they didn't previously have a policy on this but have now decried it is wrong. Then gone back and punished people retroactively. It's just plain not fair, what am I supposed to be fucking psychic? How am I meant to know what decisions they will make in the future and why am I being punished for not knowing?
My HoM.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: September 02, 2009, 11:59:41 pm »

Uhhh... Idlers weren't even punished.

Hackers/crackers/users of a Third Party program to idle in servers had hats taken away and were not given halos.

You know, a program which violates the Terms of Service, that thing that you agree to when you install the game.

Valve always had the policy, but just now decided to enforce it.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 12:01:23 am by KaelGotDwarves »

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: September 03, 2009, 12:16:28 am »

Yay, free hat! I have a floating, round, white neon light above the heads of all my characters except the sniper with his silly trophy hat.

Someguyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: September 03, 2009, 12:24:36 am »

I don't really care. Although, they did randomly take away some of my items, even though I didn't use any idle programs.... This also means I didn't get the hat. Which is pretty stupid, but I don't care. Hats are just a small bonus.

They took away my Sandman though.  :-\

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: September 03, 2009, 12:41:39 am »

users of a Third Party program to idle in servers had hats taken away and were not given halos.
I'm sorry but according to the guy who made it it was within the terms of service. How do you not get this Valve admitted that they had no policy on it previously. If it was excluded in the ToS then that would count as a policy!

Someguyo you should get items you had legitimately but lost back. The problem is it removed every item you earned using the program but the program would automatically delete items you had already earned if you got a better item (higher level). This meant ewven if you earned an item you would lose it because they deleted the one you "cheated" (Hah!) for and the program deleted the one you didn't.

Also @Kael again. I realise they didn't punish people who idled in game and that is my problem. If I could have known in advance they would make this decision I would have idled in game because it makes 0 difference to me and I would still have my hat and I would have a halo. Instead I am getting punished for not knowing in advance what decisions they would make.

To firther clarify this one little snippet is what truly pissed me off:
Due to us not having a policy in place prior to today
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 01:03:03 am by thatguyyaknow »
My HoM.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: September 03, 2009, 01:04:06 am »

users of a Third Party program to idle in servers had hats taken away and were not given halos.
I'm sorry but according to the guy who made it it was within the terms of service. How do you not get this Valve admitted that they had no policy on it previously. If it was excluded in the ToS then that would count as a policy!
You're going to take a "guy who wrote a (hack) program to circumvent logging onto TF2 in order to idle in game"'s word that said hack is not a violation of Valve's Terms of Service?

dohohoho. It's kind of like the crack dealer telling kids that it's just candy.

This is my last post on the matter. I'm not going to stay here and argue semantics on "policy", because it's probably true that Valve did not have a specific policy against "using a program to idle in order to unlock hats", but they do have a policy in the ToS that if they catch you using third party programs or circumventing the loader they can cancel your account, no questions asked.

As such it's a light sentence that they've given out so far. Using a hack program and expecting nothing to happen is like saying, "I murdered this guy with a spoon, there's no specific law or policy against murdering people with spoons so therefore I'm innocent." When the truth is that murder is murder, just as using a hack/crack is still using a ToS specificied Third Party Program.

Now there's a defined policy and trust me you'll get over it. It's e-peen cosmetic items in a game.

EDIT: I read the steam forums with hints that action was going to be taken against such actions. Valve may just be hardcore trolling their own fans.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 01:12:21 am by KaelGotDwarves »

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: September 03, 2009, 01:10:59 am »

You're going to take a "guy who wrote a (hack) program to circumvent logging onto TF2 in order to idle in game"'s word that said hack is not a violation of Valve's Terms of Service?
*Sigh*

It doesn't avoid logging you into TF2 I'm not sure what you think this program is doing? Are you under the impression that this hacks the TF2 servers for you? It is not a hack, it is not a crack. It is a program that connects you to a specific server dedicated to idling and deletes duplicates for you.

Saying that it is a third party application is pointless. There are lots of third party applications that work with team fortress two and don't get you banned. The reason being that they don't they don't impact anyone else. You know what? Kind of like this one? OMG!

Yeh, my point is valve are punishing people out of the blue for the sake of punishing people out of the blue.
My HoM.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: September 03, 2009, 01:14:13 am »

*cough* Circumvents use of HL2.exe. Also -not to mention remote accesses the game in a way Valve obviously did not intend while no one is present. Playing the game while not physically present with a program = botting, definitely against ToS.

*cough* What third party programs?

*cough* How dare they punish people for violating the Terms of Service they agreed to when they installed the game!

EDIT: Really, you answered my post way too fast. Just relax and play a game man.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 01:20:37 am by KaelGotDwarves »

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: September 03, 2009, 01:21:09 am »

Don't be silly. All it is is Team Fortress 2 without graphics, and without controls. Strictly speaking, the only reason that they're against this is because it's not really in the spirit of the game. It doesn't really do anything that that should worry them.
!!&!!
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 774