Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 781302 times)

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: WAR! update! "Heads..."
« Reply #1905 on: December 25, 2009, 10:29:02 pm »

They are insane spycheckers though. And I can't wait until they figure out how to use unlocks.

And by that, you mean they basically treat spies as normal enemies all the time.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: December 25, 2009, 10:34:16 pm »

It was so weird trying to sneak behind a heavy and then have him spot you, rev up his gun and spin around to face you; all because he saw me acting suspicious.

And then when I went back to normal servers I had one of those "What if everybody is a bot?" moments.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: December 25, 2009, 10:36:17 pm »

Is it possible to actually be disguised to a bot? I.E. be a spy and not have them shoot you on site when disguised.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: December 25, 2009, 10:37:42 pm »

Well a good spychecker does shoot everyone on sight, spy or not.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: December 25, 2009, 10:46:06 pm »

Is it possible to actually be disguised to a bot? I.E. be a spy and not have them shoot you on site when disguised.
Their blog post about the subject has more info but apparently they have no more information than an actual client connected to an actual server. So no maphacks, hidden knowledge, etc.

They are basically a robot made to play the game. And they are fairly good at what they do, considering how complex and tactical TF2 can get. Its also the reason that the bots cant play Scout or Spy yet, it is just such a complicated game.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: December 25, 2009, 11:07:31 pm »

I've had heavies look at me revved up, for like 20 seconds, and after I kept looking at them, something clicked in their code and they started shooting.

Not sure if it's a glitch or not, but it seemed very much like a realistic heavy.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: December 25, 2009, 11:44:50 pm »

Maybe if you had kept moving around paying it no mind it wouldn't have shot(no I havent played against the bots yet so I don't know) but if you just stood there watching it that could have very well looked like the 'deer in headlights effect' I often see in spies while playing that just screams in big letters "Fill me full of bullets because I am a spy and I need more heavy metals in my diet!"
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: December 26, 2009, 01:28:00 am »

I've had heavies look at me revved up, for like 20 seconds, and after I kept looking at them, something clicked in their code and they started shooting.

Not sure if it's a glitch or not, but it seemed very much like a realistic heavy.

I get that too sometimes when i play heavy, you rev up the gun and then... ohh spinning. spin. spin. spin. spin. spin... wait, what am i doing?

Someguyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: December 26, 2009, 02:50:35 am »

Maybe if you had kept moving around paying it no mind it wouldn't have shot(no I havent played against the bots yet so I don't know) but if you just stood there watching it that could have very well looked like the 'deer in headlights effect' I often see in spies while playing that just screams in big letters "Fill me full of bullets because I am a spy and I need more heavy metals in my diet!"

He'll still shoot you. I would know. I go for the front lines as though I'm about to attack but they shoot me. I guess they think I'm trying to go back to heal. Either that or they're trying to shoot someone else and I get hit by the stray bullets :P

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #1914 on: December 26, 2009, 03:51:24 am »

Wow... playing with twenty bots on nucleus with them forced to be engies leads to a mountain of turrets, but they never actually try to claim the center.

There's a minor bug where teams consisting entirely of medics seem content to stay in the base, thanking each other and calling themselves "her doctor".
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: December 26, 2009, 01:11:42 pm »

Herr!

As in Herr Hitler, Das Fuhrer, Heil Hitler, Ve Must Exterminate Ze Jews.

So... Yeah.

I don`t know why I typed this.

tp12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: December 27, 2009, 11:42:38 am »

Herr!

As in Herr Hitler, Das Fuhrer, Heil Hitler, Ve Must Exterminate Ze Jews.

So... Yeah.

I don`t know why I typed this.

Moving on, My favorite class is the spy, because I like to break sentries and their engineers long before my team even gets close to them.
(Unless there are no engies on the opposing team... then I just try to backstab anyone who happens to have a back.)
And next on my list is sniper, because I am a pretty decent counter, and nothing pisses snipers of more than being sniped.
Untill recently, before stocks ran out, it rained cats and dogs in my fortress...

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: December 27, 2009, 12:31:08 pm »

and nothing pisses snipers of more than being sniped.
By a Spy.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: December 27, 2009, 12:49:05 pm »

By a Spy.
Or a soldier.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: December 27, 2009, 12:51:13 pm »

By a Spy.
Or a soldier.
I AM HEAVEE AND I SHOOT YOO FROM BEHIND.

This is followed by the sniper screaming things about "How did you let a heavy past unmolested?!"
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 774