Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 106

Author Topic: Life and Times of Strife26  (Read 138476 times)

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life and Times of Strife26
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2009, 02:52:13 pm »

Strife, as someone who is heading shortly to civil service in Finland (The option being a defending army that most likely won't be needed as long as I would be eligible in it) and a devoted pacifist, I would be really interested to hear why do you want to go to the army and how do you justify the actions that you and others would do while you're at war?

Fishersalwaysdie

• Bay Watcher
  • Slayer of Threads
    • View Profile
    • http://chupacabra
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2009, 04:25:13 pm »

1) Patriotism.
2) He thinks there's no other way around the injustices he believes are commited.
Cannot find self-destruction button, could have sworn it's somewhere here...

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2009, 07:43:46 pm »

Pretty much what Fisher said (I'm agreeing with him? Strange).

We're all going to die, I'd rather do something martial with my life. [/color]
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 07:23:38 am by Strife26 »
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2009, 07:35:58 am »

"And it's 1, 2, 3, what're we fightin' for?
Don't ask me I don't give a damn
next stop is Vietnam.

And it's 5, 6, 7, open up the pearly gates.
Well there ain't no time to wonder why,
whoopee!  We're all gonna die."

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2009, 07:42:02 am »

Got on a plane in fresco and got off in Vietnam,
I walked into a different world,
the past forever gone
I could of gone to Canada
Hell, I could've stayed in school
But I was brought up differently
I couldn't break the rule.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2009, 08:01:45 am »

No matter how little sense the rule makes, if it was even supposed to in the first place?

That would be the kind of thing we differ on.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2009, 08:25:19 am »

I wonder if Strife has read any firsthand accounts of any modern war. After reading A Long Way Gone by Ishmael Beah, I figure that no war is worth it.

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2009, 01:53:04 pm »

Just goes to show what I'm used to, when I look at your weights and gape.  I'm six foot two and a hefty two-fourty.  I'd probably be capable of heavy lifting pretty easy if I could motivate myself into working out...  As it is, I'm hovering on the edge of 'very poor' as far as physical shape is, though I'm actually reasonably strong, though that can be blamed on the martial art class I took for more then a year before I got myself messed up and had to quit.
I fully endorse the idea of mountain goats that hunt man.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2009, 07:08:37 pm »

Wait, isn't it practically a requirement for tank crew to be short? It's pretty cramped inside, so shorter people would be more mobile within the tank.

At least that's the reasoning I got when they didn't assign me to armour at the physical exam for compulsory service. Not that it would matter, since Bosnian military has no tanks for the draftees (they barely have any for the regular army). And I dodged the service anyway as it was abolished while I was at Uni.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Bromor Neckbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Feel free to die when you've had enough...
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2009, 08:17:57 pm »

Strife, if you want to post a workout log, I'll post my workouts in it.  I'm nothing spectacular but I lift weights 3-4 times a week and do some other exercises like jogging and extremely amateur MMA.

Also, if you're yellow belt or better in Google-fu, I'd recommend you look up a guy called "MercenaryMuffin".  I used to talk to him on some gaming-related sites, and you and he would have a lot to talk about.  He recently got out of the Army where he was a tanker and is now training to fly planes in Las Vegas, last time I heard.  Anything you want to know about tanks or being in one, he can tell you.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2009, 09:13:36 pm »

Okay then, let's do this. Any one who wishes  to join this workout club may do so. My goals are:
A)  Be able pass USMA physical test (preferably with a 75, although that may not be possible)

B) Letter in wieght lifting.

I'll start to collect the revelent information over the coming days.

My dad got a bronze star in Desert Shield and Storm. He was a tanker for his early years, then moved to intel. He was just remobilized (48 now). He has said that he'll be VERY angry if he is rejected for duty at this point.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2009, 09:16:55 pm »

Okay then, let's do this. Any one who wishes  to join this workout club may do so. My goals are:
A)  Be able pass USMA physical test (preferably with a 75, although that may not be possible)

B) Letter in wieght lifting.

What exactly do you mean by "letter in weightlifting"?

My dad got a bronze star in Desert Shield and Storm. He was a tanker for his early years, then moved to intel. He was just remobilized (48 now). He has said that he'll be VERY angry if he is rejected for duty at this point.

Shows what different worlds we come from.  My first reaction was "Oh Christ, that poor guy.  Remobilized to do what?".
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2009, 09:31:46 pm »

Get an school athletic letter for lifting weights (my current letters are grades, speech, debate, and student congress). There are several weight classes (103 pounds, ect.), and each comes with a requirement in Bench, Squat, and Clean. They're all more than body weight, though. I have serious work to do.

I'd tell you what my father is being sent to do, but he doesn't know yet. He's hoping for ajob 'counting tanks' preferably in Kuwait. He won't be doing patroling, thank God.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2009, 08:21:54 am »

Man, australia is so different to america, and im getting this just from reading this thread alone!

Lb's? "? Try the metric system, its easier.

For aussies, the military is many things. A gateway to many things, a way of life if you wish or just even a temporary measure! We are quite relaxed about life usually, no overly strict rules, no walls around schools, etc. But we can be the most badass people on earth if need be, and yet have an air of mateship at the same time.

I love this country. :)

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2009, 12:17:16 pm »

I usually rate Austrialia as my third favorite country.
One spot below Barbados.

I would have posted workout logs, but I'm a fair bit under the weather now. If I'm feeling better, I can start to post the things that are accesible from home.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 02:49:49 pm by Strife26 »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 106