Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 106

Author Topic: Life and Times of Strife26  (Read 138497 times)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: Life and Times of Bay 12 members
« Reply #525 on: June 07, 2009, 11:25:02 pm »

Got back from my vacation-type-thing today. I have joined a club to prepare for the coming cross country season. I will run 500 miles or die trying!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: June 08, 2009, 03:13:14 am »

500 Hundred Miles?

What are you, sir?

Man, or Machine?

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: June 08, 2009, 08:05:19 am »

A man with much summertime in his hands.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: June 12, 2009, 07:38:38 pm »

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: June 13, 2009, 08:54:14 pm »

I've been doing Summer work as an intern at a Wildlife Rehabilitation Center for songbirds.
That, and I'm finally gearing up to tackle my Depression head-on... which probably means shelling out my hard-earned ducats for Therapy.

*Grumbles mildly at the inclement financial climate*

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: June 13, 2009, 09:17:43 pm »

I'm going to go work at a humane society too this summer.  I hear them parts are full of felines.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: June 14, 2009, 12:01:34 am »

I just placed an order for a sample version of a 4gb mp3 / mp4 touchscreen player (basically an iPod Touch ripoff). The only thing it can't do that a regular iPod Touch can is wi-fi.

Anyway, if it goes well and after I run it through some tests and it works alright and if I can sell it for $50, I will order another 10 or so for further sales.

This comes from successful runs selling the Super R4i for all NDS versions. I have some spare change from the sales, so I'm thinking of expanding my business. Apparently, the greatest advertisments I can get for my line of business is word of mouth. It's quite impressive. People who buy one unit originally usually end up buying 5 or more for other people.

My business is doing quite well and I'm quite happy. I lowered my profit margin for the things to quite a puny number to help motivate buyers, so I have to sell a lot more to cover for it though. It's not too bad and the units move within days of the shipment arrival anyway.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: June 14, 2009, 12:51:59 am »

I've been doing Summer work as an intern at a Wildlife Rehabilitation Center for songbirds.
That, and I'm finally gearing up to tackle my Depression head-on... which probably means shelling out my hard-earned ducats for Therapy.

*Grumbles mildly at the inclement financial climate*

Good luck with that Solifuge, I can sympathize big-time, cause I have very deep depression. Therapy hasn't worked so well with me, but it might for you, so I wish you the best of luck Solifuge.

I didn't know you ran a business Umiman. It sounds like an electronics store of sorts, is that what it is?

SirHoneyBadger

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware those who would keep knowledge from you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: June 14, 2009, 02:22:17 am »

I tried doing my 4 miles tonight, but my back was just hurting too bad. I still managed 2 and a half or so.

As it's been raining all week, which tends to affect my arthritis, I'm not too surprised.

I suffer from bouts of depression, too. I find the exercise helps to rebalance me, a little.
For they would be your masters.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: June 14, 2009, 02:25:51 am »

Therapist: Them's my ducats now!

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: June 14, 2009, 06:46:34 am »

Got back from my vacation-type-thing today. I have joined a club to prepare for the coming cross country season. I will run 500 miles or die trying!

500 miles? Under what time frame?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: June 14, 2009, 11:30:52 am »

Josh: I import stuff from China and sell them here.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: June 15, 2009, 06:24:58 pm »

500 miles? Under what time frame?

Before august 24th.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life and Times of Strife26
« Reply #538 on: June 16, 2009, 08:20:25 pm »

Okay folks, I am reclaiming my thread now. You can still post and all, but I’ll be resuming actual bits about my own life, now that finals and summer camp are over.

Biggest issue for tonight is a hunting excursion. A bag of corn that I had been using to feed deer and turkey (my family likes watching them) got spoiled in the flood. We threw it on the deck to get it out of the way. However, this has attracted a raccoon. This coon has quickly become tame (o the point where my sister can stand and shout two yards away from it). Two of my cats aren’t smart enough to determine cat from wild animal. Obviously, it’s the two cats who aren’t updated on their rabies shots and can’t take care of themselves in a fight. I had the coon lined up last night with my .22, but I couldn’t get the damned ting to fire. After a quick email to my Dad, he recommended that I blast it with #4 buckshot at the first available opportunity. A family friend let me shoot a couple of shells at his house (Two with #4 bird and one with #4 Buck). If the raccoon comes out tonight, I’ll be waiting for him.

Other than that, I’ve decided on a summer reading list. I’m reading the Warhammer books on Ciaphius Cain (fun reads, although I don’t get a lot of the Warhammer stuff). It’s going to be interspersed with A Guide to Small-Unit Tactics and The Art of Expressing the Human Body. I’m going to try to pick up Jeet Kune Do. After that, I’ve got a stack of books to read about defending (and attacking) computer networks.

I also got a corn snake, but that’s a story for another day.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Life and Times of Strife26
« Reply #539 on: June 16, 2009, 08:24:48 pm »

Why don't you LIGHT YOUR HANDS ON FIRE AND PUNCH THE 'COON TO DEATH.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 106