Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106

Author Topic: Life and Times of Strife26  (Read 140299 times)

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life and Times of Strife26
« Reply #1545 on: August 25, 2016, 09:33:00 pm »

To the land of Ohreeo, where the shadows lie.

Alright, when I write my end-of-the-world hard urban fantasy novel, that's definitely going to be included.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #1546 on: August 26, 2016, 02:41:39 am »

Oheeo, Arkansiss, Kansaw...

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: August 26, 2016, 12:44:31 pm »

Oheeo, Arkansiss, Kansaw...

Stupid reality, always beating simple fiction.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: August 28, 2016, 05:52:53 pm »

My current destination is Duluth/Superior, Minnesota/Wisconsin and the current stop is Bumfuck, Indiana. Now, I'm not normally a big fan of indefinite detention without trial, but whatever incompetent individual did the civic planning for this general vicinity could totally go spend a few decades in Gitmo without my conscience being bothered too much.

The on-ramp was cleverly disguised as the entrance to a truck stop, letting me backtrack ten miles (and ten miles back) and enjoy the scenic Bumfuck countryside and road construction methods. I might be somewhat salty.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: August 28, 2016, 07:29:47 pm »

Welcome to the hell that is Flatland, you are legally obligated to play the refrain from Evanescence's Wake Me Up on infinite loop while driving here.

Also, avoid any towns suspiciously tucked away between non-flat geography, at least at night. These are portals to other worlds.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: August 28, 2016, 08:19:53 pm »

This is no proper Flatland. Flatland, at least the parts I've spent most of my time in, is a beautiful place. Here, they've gone and squandered the landscape (I mean, all the terrain has allowable elevation variance even without the use of explosives). The roads are suffering from too much traffic, terribly low speed limits, and poor drivers.

Because my current scheduling is only giving me six hours extra in the drive, I'll be sure to try sleeping and adventuring in suspicious towns, hopefully I'll luck out and gain some hours back in an alternate world.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: August 30, 2016, 01:19:14 am »

do you still have hope for obama, op?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: August 30, 2016, 02:16:09 am »

Has your account been hacked or something?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: September 08, 2016, 12:13:54 pm »

The first post of this thread is genuinely painful for me to read. I think that political talk can is best found in a more northern forum section, though.

Anyway, I'm in the tiny tourist town of Medora, North Dakota today and tomorrow, and in the general vicinity yesterday. Apparently, touristy spots are annoyingly expensive even when they aren't on the east coast. The lack of a gym nearby is requiring a ridiculously expensive hotel room, but I don't mind pumping a few dollars into the local economy too much (at least I'm continually telling myself that).

The badlands are ridiculously beautiful, at least in my opinion. Went on a nice hike through them, and probably another one someplace in Teddy Roosevelt National Park tomorrow. Assuming the weather holds, I'm going to catch a musical tonight, which should be fun.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: September 08, 2016, 01:11:14 pm »

Medora
Sounds like a cross between a fedora and a menstruation cup :P
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: September 08, 2016, 05:18:21 pm »

If you're fast enough to be the first one to the patent office, you might be able to claim what I'm sure could be a very profitable invention.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: September 09, 2016, 11:03:51 pm »

I have concluded that Wyoming is a good State. The traffic is light, the speed limits high, roads nice, and scenery pretty. Additionally, the towns frequently have giggle-worthy names.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: September 09, 2016, 11:06:27 pm »

Be careful. Not everybody who goes to Lost Yuoming comes back. Just don't go from there to Montana and it'll probably be fine.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: September 10, 2016, 08:11:21 am »

...I think I briefly forgot about Montana's collective existence as a state.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: September 10, 2016, 10:13:23 am »

I'm pretty sure that's the way that Montana prefers it. No time to jog up that way for this road trip, but I wouldn't mind visiting Billings again.

Today begins my stretch of hanging out in Colorado! The schedule is saying that I'm here until Thursday, but I'll see if that stands.
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106