Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Escape from Wheeldriven (Kel the Oblivious's RTD)  (Read 10338 times)

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Escape from Wheeldriven (Kel the Oblivious's RTD)
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2009, 06:40:38 am »

I'm not a recruit nor a military, but I jump into training

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2009, 09:16:15 am »

I'll gladly spar with the Rooster the Butcher. Or anyone else, really.

Okenido

• Bay Watcher
  • Loli Advocate
    • View Profile
    • New Various Nonsense
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2009, 09:40:59 am »

I make obsidian armor.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2009, 09:52:25 am »

I'll try and learn how to use my armor effectively.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2009, 10:17:36 am »

Is Toughness taken?
If not, I'll be Hellhound, a Cook. I grab the nearest weapon.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2009, 11:18:29 am »

I'm though, but I guess there are no limitations

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2009, 11:23:00 am »

Okay, but if there is, I'll take Luck if thats the only one left.

EDIT: No wait, that's taken too. Please let me in?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 11:25:19 am by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2009, 04:39:51 pm »

I find some armor.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2009, 08:16:26 pm »

I'll get myself a weapon (if picking up is a free action I'll just grab some armour too)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 06:11:25 am by Flintus10 »

wehtamjd92

• Bay Watcher
  • Gorram reavers.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2009, 09:26:57 pm »

I want to search for a second spear or a shield so I can dual wield or be better defended. Both would be awesome actually and I could carry the shield on my back.

If picking them up is a free action I train more.
It takes someone special to put the laughter back in slaughter.

What did you all go and order a dead guy for?

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2009, 07:02:29 pm »

I'll practice the art of throwing large steel barrels at any non-living object in the room.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Kel the Oblivious

• Bay Watcher
  • A Vile Force of Dorkness has Arrived!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2009, 09:59:07 pm »

Round 2

Rooster,  Nirur Torir: Training together, Nirur is brutal and unrelenting. Either you learn or you get a hole in the liver. (Rooster, skill, 4) (Nirur skill, 2+1=3) But Rooster swings that cleaver with years of practice, and keeps Nirur on the defensive. After a few minutes (Rooster, luck 1) swings too hard and smashes his cleaver onto the stone (Resistance 5+1 for steel) It gets embedded, but thankfully is not broken. Nirur stops to help wrench it out of the stone. (Rooster Learning 6) Not only did you learn how to avoid getting speared in the liver, you also figured out how not to use your cleaver. Negate -1 from attack, +1 to dodge. (Nirur learning 3) Nothing you haven't known before, nothing learned.

Okenido: (Knowledge 4+1=5) You know obsidian does not make very good armor. It is too brittle to use. (Stroke of genius 5+1=6) However! Yes, yes! It is brilliant! You rush over and take a couple of the barrels, and pry them apart with your bare hands, nothing will stop you from creating this! Taking all the wood pieces to your workshop, you suddenly know you need bones! You scurry off and grab a couple handful of turtle bones. You begin working furiously on a mysterious construction! (Complete next turn)

Org: (Luck: 4) You pull off the last armor rack a simple suit of chain mail, and a pair of platemail boots and gauntlets. The armor racks are all empty now.

Flintus: You go to the nearest armor stand, which are still all full. (Random roll for weapon 1) You find a wooden crossbow, with a quiver storing 30 copper bolts. There is no armor left.

Webadict: (Knowledge 4) You manage to slip it on without breaking anything, and stand up, waking a short walk around the room, managing your steps neatly. (Knowledge 4) You seem to be getting the hang of moving in it without making too much noise, but only actual combat will get you used to the twists and turns, jumps and vaults it will go through.

Wehtamjd: You check the other two armor stands (Random roll 6) You find a masterfully wrought pure iron spear. It menaces with spikes of iron, with spikes of fire imp bone, and is encircled with bands of Lace Agate. Very pretty. (Knowledge 4)  However, there are no other armor. Maybe you could jury rig one of the barrel tops into a shield? You do and try to do so (Skill 4) Yup, you take one of the large round lids, get a couple of nails from the busted up one from the mad dwarf working at a simple craftdwarf shop, and use a couple strips of linen from the exploded bed. You know have a -wooden buckler-

Sonerohi: (Strength 4) You manage to lift it up over your head, and heave it with some force at the nearest bed. (Damage 6) It hits the bed, causing it to explode in a shower of sharp pointy wood shards! Everyone is pelted with them! (Damage 1) However, they are too small to actually hurt, and the larger pieces fall only a few feet away from the bed. You know anything you throw that at is going to be very sorry in the morning. (Learning 5) You are now a thrower.

Digital Hellhound: You awaken to the sound a a bed exploding right next to you, getting some wood flecks peppered against your hard skin. You reach for the last remaining weapon stand, and (Luck 5) get an ornately crafted +Steel Shortsword+ with fire imp bone bandings all around it, and fire imp leather for the grip. You know it is, cause it is very warm to the touch.

Status
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Setting
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Plus, you are all beginning to feel a little thirsty. It may be time to venture forth.
To err is to man, as to kill your entire population because you forgot a single stone block in your incredibly amazing steam aquaduct system is to dwarf

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2009, 06:13:49 am »

I'll head out with my crossbow up ready to shoot at anything hostile which moves.

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2009, 06:43:29 am »

I don't have a status?

Action:I take my hatchet and see if I can improve it with obsidian.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2009, 08:25:34 am »

I pick up pieces of wood from the bed and follow Flintus outside.
(Or if that counts as an action, I'll just follow Flintus.)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6