Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Escape from Wheeldriven (Kel the Oblivious's RTD)  (Read 10337 times)

Kel the Oblivious

• Bay Watcher
  • A Vile Force of Dorkness has Arrived!
    • View Profile
Re: Escape from Wheeldriven (Kel the Oblivious's RTD)
« Reply #75 on: March 25, 2009, 08:37:10 pm »

Web Adict: Opening the southern door, you reveal a MASSIVE dining hall. Supports of obsidian keep the roof up high, a requirement since the hall is maybe 100 feet by 100 feet. Stone tables dot the room, surrounded by obsidian thrones, some of them better crafted then others. A pair of large statues flank the front door, one a female dwarf holding up a platter of plump helmet roast, the other a male dwarf holding a stone tankard. (Perception: 4) You look in the tankard and see there is some flat beer in it! (Logic: 3) You are sure that could not produce enough smell to escape the door, much less down the hall. A few of the tables have rotting food on them, the corpses of dwarves still in the chair, showing they were caught off guard. At the far end of the room is another door, which is slightly ajar

Digital: You pull and push, and it seems pushing was required, as it swings inward. As you step inside, you see it branch off to one way and the other, with a long corridor leading down the middle. Taking a few steps in, you look to your right and see a doorway. The granite door is bashed open, and looking inside, you see a bed, a cabinet, a chest, and a few articles of clothing. (Logic: 4) this must be the residential wing of the fortress, as you see about fifty such rooms lining this hallway. (Perception: 6) You hear voices! And they are close. But as you hear them, you fart, loudly. The voices stop, and you hear the faint rasp of swords being pulled from sheaths.

Flintus: (Willpower: 4) You resist the urge to start hauling them off to the nearest tomb, and begin to rummage through them. Gemcutters, stone workers, masons, miners, a few farmers, and several guards are all mounded up on each other. All of them show signs of conflict. A bashed skull, a severed head, a ragged hole in the chest, missing limbs. (Toughness: 5) You feel bile rising in your throat, a mixture of the scent and sight bringing it, but you shake it off, and continue searching until (Luck: 3) You find one of the guards has a water skin! Sadly, it has been punctured, and most of it's contents have leaked out. You would guess maybe two, three mouthfuls of water remain in it.

Nirur: You ease open the eastern door (Agility: 5) And it slides open without a sound. A thankful thing, cause standing three paces from the door is a pair of goblins, rummaging through a broken wooden bin! Looking past them for just a moment, you see dozens of workshops set up. They are sectioned off, all the craftshops next to each other, the mason shops set by a huge pile of stone, leather worker shops near the tanner shops, which are producing a god awful stench, but nothing you didn't already know about. One of the goblins stands up, putting a finely wrought gold ore crown on his head, laughing and speaking in it's grunting, hissing tongue, to which the other goblin laughs and smacks him playfully. (Perception: 2) Neither of them notice you, more intent with their looting.

Rooster: (Willpower: 3) You find it very hard to approach them, but you manage to gingerly pick through the bodies. (luck: 4) On one of the guards, you find some undamaged chain mail, and a backpack! It holds two rations worth of dried meat. What kind, you can't be sure, jerky all looks alike till you bite into it. But food is food.

Org: You walk up to Web, and you see the legendary dining hall of Wheeldriven. Enough room to let the entire fortress eat at the same time, and then still have a few tables and chairs left over for visiting travelers. You also see a large pair of doors at the far end. (Perception: 4) The booze smell is coming from there!

Weht: You wrap some silk around your face, but it does little to cover up the scent of rotting flesh. Makes it a little easier to deal with. You enter the dining hall as well.

Sonerohi: You shuffle into the dining hall, and are awestruck, as you always were, but just how fine the place was. A distant grumble fills your belly, the thought of all the fine meals you enjoyed here bringing your hunger to front.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Rooms!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
To err is to man, as to kill your entire population because you forgot a single stone block in your incredibly amazing steam aquaduct system is to dwarf

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 25, 2009, 09:25:43 pm »

I'll scavenge for food and then zip as close to digital as I can get on my stubby dwarf legs.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 06:58:43 am by sonerohi »
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 25, 2009, 10:23:55 pm »

I drink the booze, then go through the far door!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 25, 2009, 10:51:46 pm »

Hmm. To let them live, or not to let them live? | CHARGE! They shall both be skewered for desecrating the treasures of Wheeldriven!

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 26, 2009, 05:58:44 am »

I will back up Nirur Torir and take out whichever goblin survives his attack.

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 26, 2009, 06:56:13 am »

I Pick the backpack up, but I offer the chainmail to someone else, since I'd rather be fast than though

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 26, 2009, 03:46:34 pm »

Drink some booze, and then get a small barrel of booze and some matches.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 27, 2009, 12:40:45 am »

I'll go into the Living Quarters, sword ready.

Also, someone back me up here? I don't wanna go into a goblin trap alone.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

wehtamjd92

• Bay Watcher
  • Gorram reavers.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 28, 2009, 10:23:33 pm »

I run towards whichever fighting is closer and lend a hand in killing off the goblin slime infestin my fortress.
It takes someone special to put the laughter back in slaughter.

What did you all go and order a dead guy for?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 04, 2009, 08:10:24 pm »

It's been roughly a week. Rolls?

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 04, 2009, 08:11:19 pm »

Rolls.

wehtamjd92

• Bay Watcher
  • Gorram reavers.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 06, 2009, 07:30:28 pm »

Well dead or not?
It takes someone special to put the laughter back in slaughter.

What did you all go and order a dead guy for?

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 06, 2009, 07:31:37 pm »

NO!!!!!!!!!
CANT BE!
MUST HAVE

Rolls.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 08, 2009, 08:41:35 pm »

I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]