Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Bronze City  (Read 926 times)

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
The Bronze City
« on: February 22, 2009, 05:32:31 pm »

The young dungeon master in training walked into the royal palace, he was holding a tattered book like it was worth its weight in adamantine.He sat down at the table showing the old logbook to the queen,he opened it up to the first page and pushed it toward the queen then took a hearty swig of Longland beer.The Queen's eyes read through the ripped logbook.

1st granite.
We are here to mine out the beautiful blue gold here,I am hopeful that we can mine the stuff out and sell it to the Queen.
3rd granite.
I'm feeling sleepy.The food stockpiles are mined out and the farm plot is set up....
7th granite.
I had the horriblest dream.I was mining adamantine out and I unleashed something,They ripped me apart slowly before burning me alive,the others had a similar dream and I felt a weird stinging pain on my leg,I looked at it and saw a large burnmark.I'm feeling slightly scared.
10th granite.
The others won't touch a inch of food,saying its all maggoty.It looks fine to me.
13th granite.
Ugh! The food spoiled and the wine is water! Our guard has went mad destroying several creatures before being ripped limb from limb by the resident giant.
19th granite.
D...NT C....E HE...RE O...R RSISUS W..IL...RI...SE.....
*Written in blood there is a name*

The queen closed the book after seeing the blood.She  thought for a moment then scribbled something down on a piece of paper and handed it to the dungeon master saying,"Take this to hermit in the south named Kr ah Viencutter.Oh...and don't, don't drink anything he offers you." ,the trainee walked off looking a little worried.
    When he was in the desert south of Rockore he read the message, *I need you to brew something to make nightmares go away about 20 vials of it and make it taste like dwarven rum.* ,he sighed and continued walking to where the hermit lived,he gave the message over to the Hermit a few days later.The Hermit was angry for being interrupted from reading his book which the trainee red when he was being trained as a dungeon master it was called  A study on Dragons except the spine was twenty inches high and 8 and a half inches wide.He threw some herbs that the trainee recognized as Mosin and Rock-moss in twenty vials he put caps on them and put them in a big cauldron.He went back to reading and a little while later,he got up and took the vials out of the cauldron and handed them to the waiting Dungeon master in training,who put them in his backpack.
  He walked north back to Rockore but not before pausing in the desert and he took one vial out of his pack and examined it.It smelt like rum, but it was obsidian in color with red swirling around he took a small lick and it tasted like rum,he put the stopper back in and walked back to the fortress.He gave it to the queen after resting and before he left he was given a pass and the queen told him something,"You'll be in charge of the next settlement at the site.",the trainee turned pale and fled the country.She ordered her servants to pour the stuff into the rum going to the site,she then assembled 4 miners and 2 farmers and a trader to go to the site,they complied and set out to the mining site.They all heard the rumors of what was there but didn't say anything to the greedy Queen.They set out with heavy hearts and a heavier wagon.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 07:02:49 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
Re: The Bronze City
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2009, 05:33:23 pm »

1st post! Need to read over it!
EDIT: Meh. Not saying that I can write better than you or anything, just that you need to work on it a little more.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 05:35:16 pm by woose1 »

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
Re: The Bronze City
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2009, 07:00:13 pm »

The sentences seem to run on a bit, and there are some spelling issues, but aside from that it looks very interesting.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember