Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

Adamantine King question

(1/3) > >>

cephalo:
One of the first metals I discovered in my fort was adamantine. I had like 20 dwarves at the time the king arrived. Fun times. Anyway, now my fort is huge and becoming a worthy mountain home. I have 298 dwarves and it is still a barony. When my fort becomes a duchy, will the queen consort arrive? Do I need to kill off a bunch of dwarves to get under the immigration limit? Also, my baron consort had a thing for green glass on a glassless map so I killed him some years ago and no replacements have come. Same issue? immigration limit?

Pilsu:
You killed the Baron's wife, I don't think another will show up any time soon

Noble Digger:
When I locked the baron and baroness in their rooms with goblins until they starved to death, the baron died first by several months because I couldn't catch the baroness in her bedroom for a while. A new baron showed up (with a new consort) while the dead baron's consort was still alive. She kept claiming to be a noble and nothing whatsoever changed in her behavior due to his death, just that a new baron and baroness showed up.

The reverse, I imagine, isn't true, and killing a consort does not trigger a new consort showing up. Dwarves don't seem to practice polygamy, methinks that needs addressing in the civilization ethics raws.

cephalo:
So to get a queen consort, I would have to kill my king when I'm officially a duchy? I kinda wanted a king and queen eventually before the fortress meets its final catastrophe.

QuantumSawdust:
When your king dies (even of age), you will never ever ever get another. There is no king/queen succession implemented yet.
It's unfortunate, but unavoidable in this version.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version