Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Third-World Mafia [GAME OVER]  (Read 19957 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Third-World Mafia [DAY 1]
« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2009, 09:27:17 pm »

While my Finger of Suspicion is pointed at Kashyyk, I'd like to give him another chance to defend himself before I condemn him to death, as I think this could just be a big misunderstanding.
Give him whatever chance you wish. There isn't much he can say in rebuttal. Also, no one has come out and confirmed any of what Kashyyk said. If this group truly is pro-Town, can anyone prove it? I doubt it, as all the signs point to guilty.

Why even bother making a pro-Town "gang" and TELLING everyone what the name of this gang is in order to find the "other members" (Wouldn't a mafia member just claim to be in the group if it were pro-Town?) Wouldn't it make more sense to just have people be Townies? Because that's all you'd be. You'd be a Townie.

It be like if you went and said "I'm a Mason." Does that help me find any of the Masons? Maybe, but you'd most likely find the Mafia. The only way this helps you is if you were already the Mafia. That way, no matter who joins you, you can find out if they're Mafia or not by what they say.

The only rebuttal he can possibly come up with is to try and pin this on another player, which is a longshot anyway, given the evidence I have gathered. But, he is certainly allowed to explain himself.

@SC: Is this game a card-flip game? Or will we not be given any information on deaths?

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 26, 2009, 09:46:47 pm »

@SC: Is this game a card-flip game? Or will we not be given any information on deaths?

No information on deaths.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 26, 2009, 09:57:45 pm »

No information on deaths.
Well, even so, he basically said he was in some sort of Liberation Society. The ones for rebels.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2009, 02:08:27 am »

That sucks. Wikipedia shouldn't be a mafia tool. Well, there's still the other mafia(?) and kashyyk's buddy.
Mod: what you going to do?
I will vote Kashyyk for now.
Long Live United Forenia!

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2009, 02:14:38 am »

Are you guys actually all in gangs, or are names like NIF just made up?
What is NIF? Where do these people get these names? Are you making them up?
By NIF I mean all these random gangs people are talking about.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2009, 02:29:20 am »

That sucks. Wikipedia shouldn't be a mafia tool. Well, there's still the other mafia(?) and kashyyk's buddy.
Mod: what you going to do?
I will vote Kashyyk for now.

You don't have to believe the Wikipedia article. I've other convincing arguments, if you care to read them.

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2009, 03:08:02 am »

Kashyyk is obviously scum. Lynch the dog.
I may be bandwagoning, but at least this bandwagon makes sense.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2009, 05:15:58 am »

OK. people, I caught up.  No Card flip sucks.  It means mafia can get away with anything... and we won't know what happens until its over. 

I doubt the terrorists can convert, because then the game would be over in two turns unless the starting terrorists get killed with 100% accuracy.

Also, Servant Corps, the standard roles are doctor, cop, masons, townie and goon, right?

I don't doubt they can convert... in last games of servant and kashyk there's conversion.  Maybe you want to misdirect.  mFoS Nuke. (mild finger of suspicion)

And I think you're right. I doubt the Mafia has the ability to convert. Considering there is 11 people playing, and 2-3 Mafia, plus 1 (Unless Vigilante, which makes 2) night kills, that brings the total of Townies to... Well, I'm not quite sure, but it can't be high, unless the we Townies can lynch correctly as soon as possible.

same goes for you. mFoS webadict.

I loved the wiki search webadict.  Nice play.

Vote Kashyyk[/quote]
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2009, 06:21:19 am »

Yeah I am gona vote Kashykk for now blaintantly obvious reasons. Lynch the rebel dog!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 27, 2009, 09:53:08 am »

And I think you're right. I doubt the Mafia has the ability to convert. Considering there is 11 people playing, and 2-3 Mafia, plus 1 (Unless Vigilante, which makes 2) night kills, that brings the total of Townies to... Well, I'm not quite sure, but it can't be high, unless the we Townies can lynch correctly as soon as possible.

same goes for you. mFoS webadict.
If you must. I did give a good reason for it though. Also, the last game by Servant Corps was Werewolf, which was going to have infection in it. I listed the probability of such an event unlikely through deduction and calculation.

I loved the wiki search webadict.  Nice play.

Vote Kashyyk
It only came to me when he said 2 members, since I was looking through the thread for obvious tells. I kept thinking, "What's so special about this 'Komitadji'?" And that's when I noticed he said this:
...called the Komitadji. No idea what it means though.
It seemed like an awkward thing to say, so I did a search and, sure enough, it came up. My bet is that he didn't mean himself harm; that he was just trying to pass it off as unusual.

Now, back to business:
We have a possible situation here. I'm going to assume some things, and I'm going to list some facts, and I'm going to lists some likelihoods.

Facts:
There is a Mafia group called the "Komitadji."
They have at least one other living player.
If there is more than one player in that group, they know each other.
All Mafia members start out not knowing their each other.

Assumption:
There is one or more other groups beside the "Komitadji."

Guess:
There is two Mafia members in each group.
There is only one other group.
The Mafia members in the second group haven't met up.

Use this information, (The facts, at least, and possibly the assumptions. The guesses are not without their unlikeliness. They are guesses.) because without it, we Townies are useless.

And so, our hero was finally crushed the SDFDLL (Super Dooper Fun Dudes for Lots of Liberty) for being too super, too dooper, too fun, and too lib... libertious? Too liberious? ...Too dumb.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2009, 10:09:53 am »

I would like to inform everyone that I have won.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 27, 2009, 10:36:18 am »

...Won what?

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 27, 2009, 11:18:10 am »

...Won what?
The game, of course.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #58 on: February 27, 2009, 11:19:21 am »

“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 27, 2009, 11:26:31 am »

Thou shalt not create quote pyramids.

Clarification: I have won this game, Third-World Mafia. I will not give any more information on my victory, because that would spoil it for everyone else. But rest assured that I have won, and the best you can do is come second.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7