Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Third-World Mafia [GAME OVER]  (Read 19571 times)

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
Re: Third-World Mafia
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2009, 11:35:39 pm »

I'm a joining.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2009, 05:11:54 am »

I shall join and see if I can get past my current trend of dying on the first night (last three mafia games  :()

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2009, 05:30:30 am »

Starting with the Night however gives Townies information based on who got targeted and killed.

This is not information that is useful it tells you nothing by who died, also it deprives that player of even a single day (and we all know it would be Flintus10 again), please start in the daytime.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2009, 05:37:01 am »

I'll join this. Much mafia madness.
Long Live United Forenia!

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2009, 10:05:45 am »

10 people have joined. Yeah, I'm starting in the daytime, no "no lynch". Shade, are you also joining?

I am going to start sending out the Role PMs.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2009, 11:57:11 am »

Of course Shades is in. Why would he give up a chance to Mafia?

EDIT: Are we starting yet, or not? If not I suppose I can wait. Maybe there's a beginning dialogue.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 12:17:22 pm by webadict »

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2009, 12:43:12 pm »

The nation of Vgjaari has been under attack by terroristic forces who seek to destroy our country! These terrorists has committed numerous acts of anarchy and violence!

They are able to do so because they have inflirated the Government! Their infliration has been of the highest sort, but we can root it out at its source, if only if we work together!

In order to stop the fall of Vgjaari by these reactionary rebels, a state of emergency has been declared and the State Commitee for the Security of the Nation (SCFSN) has been formed, led by the top civilian leaders who only want what is best for the nation. Democracy will shortly return, once the terrorists are destroyed! Every day, the SCFSN will decide on who is supporting terrorism, and then send him to the execution block. This wave of executions will only end once the terrorist threat is ended.

LONG LIVE THE SCFSN! DEATH TO ANARCHISTS!

It is now Day 1.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: Third-World Mafia [DAY 1]
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2009, 12:46:07 pm »

Kashyyk looked around at the covered faces of the SCFSN and request they show themselves, to make it easier for everyone to decide who the bloody terrorists are.

Edit:you wouldn't mind posting a list of players would you?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 12:50:23 pm by Kashyyk »

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2009, 12:54:59 pm »

I edited it in the first post. I'll repost the list for convience.

LIST OF PLAYERS:
1. webadict
2. Org
3. Kashyyk
4. inaluct
5. Zaithemaster
6. penguinofhonor
7. A_Fey_Dwarf
8. Cheeetar
9. Flintus10
10. NUKE9.13
11. Shades

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2009, 12:55:36 pm »

ah, thank you. I must have posted before you edited.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2009, 12:59:42 pm »

How come I was not invited to this?  I didn't see it... Oh...  :'(  next time someone makes a mafia... Let me know.  I'll definetly join.

Servant Corps... make a list of actions so we can have fun later reading it...
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2009, 01:14:37 pm »

Sorry Alexhans. I would've invited you, but I didn't realize you didn't notice it.

Anyhow, let's start this off, shall we? I'll simply reiterate facts, hopefully finding the Mafia and ending this. First off, we have 11 people. I'm going to assume about 20-25% of these people have Mafia roles, which is about 2-3 people, maybe more if I'm not thinking right. Since there are about 20-25% Mafia roles, I'll assume about 20-25% power roles, which is another 2-3 people. So, we have a predicament: We need to lynch someone, and we need to lynch the right person. I don't want to do a random vote, because that's how innocents get lynched, so what shall we do?

Hopefully we can learn a little bit about the Mafia through voting. Also, do we get to know anything about the Mafia, or is that all we get to go off of? That they're a terrorist group?

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2009, 01:24:49 pm »

well, I suspect they have the ability to convert, and definately kill. So each round, unless the actions are blocked, the mafia will be up by two members. Thankfully Servant Corps gave us a pro-town gang, you know like the masons guild, called the Komitadji. No idea what it means though.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2009, 01:40:03 pm »

NUKE9.13 is ready to serve in the name of his country. I have worked many years with the SCFSN OACAI (Obscure acronym creators and implementers), but now I shall rise to defeat the ULRVFF (Upper river valley freedom fighters), the HSOAPG (Holy sect of assorted pagan gods), the FYMTHG (Former yugoslavian migratory terrorist hobby group), the CCOTAFOFN (Command council of the armed forces of the north), and the NLNMDMPFTOOO(C)EDR (Needlessly long-named democratic military party for the overthrowing of our (current) evil despot ruler), as well as any others that may have schism'd, fused, or spontaneously arisen since my last report.

Informationless RP.

I doubt the terrorists can convert, because then the game would be over in two turns unless the starting terrorists get killed with 100% accuracy.

Also, Servant Corps, the standard roles are doctor, cop, masons, townie and goon, right?
Long Live United Forenia!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2009, 01:43:39 pm »

Those are standard roles yes and I suspect they are all used, but Servant Corps won't tell you wether they are.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7