Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Third-World Mafia [GAME OVER]  (Read 19570 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Third-World Mafia [DAY 1]
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2009, 02:14:15 pm »

NUKE9.13 is ready to serve in the name of his country. I have worked many years with the SCFSN OACAI (Obscure acronym creators and implementers), but now I shall rise to defeat the ULRVFF (Upper river valley freedom fighters), the HSOAPG (Holy sect of assorted pagan gods), the FYMTHG (Former yugoslavian migratory terrorist hobby group), the CCOTAFOFN (Command council of the armed forces of the north), and the NLNMDMPFTOOO(C)EDR (Needlessly long-named democratic military party for the overthrowing of our (current) evil despot ruler), as well as any others that may have schism'd, fused, or spontaneously arisen since my last report.

Informationless RP.

I doubt the terrorists can convert, because then the game would be over in two turns unless the starting terrorists get killed with 100% accuracy.

Also, Servant Corps, the standard roles are doctor, cop, masons, townie and goon, right?

Don't forget about the SDFDLL (Super Dooper Freedom Dudes for Lots of Liberty). Those guys are weird... I mean, who dresses in a costume and "fights evil?"

And I think you're right. I doubt the Mafia has the ability to convert. Considering there is 11 people playing, and 2-3 Mafia, plus 1 (Unless Vigilante, which makes 2) night kills, that brings the total of Townies to... Well, I'm not quite sure, but it can't be high, unless the we Townies can lynch correctly as soon as possible.

Those are standard roles yes and I suspect they are all used, but Servant Corps won't tell you wether they are.
I bet there's a Cop and a Doctor, but I don't think there are any Masons. Too small of a game, you know?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2009, 02:19:23 pm »

Thankfully Servant Corps gave us a pro-town gang, you know like the masons guild, called the Komitadji. No idea what it means though.
Wait, what? How do you know this? Are you part of it, or is it listed somewhere I'm not looking at? If you're part of it, why would you just put it out there? Or am I totally missing something?

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2009, 02:33:44 pm »

Thankfully Servant Corps gave us a pro-town gang, you know like the masons guild, called the Komitadji. No idea what it means though.
Wait, what? How do you know this? Are you part of it, or is it listed somewhere I'm not looking at? If you're part of it, why would you just put it out there? Or am I totally missing something?

Perhaps he means the KOMITADJI (Kashyyk's orginisation made inorder to assasinate despot Jmee I)
YOU WILL NEVER KILL OUR GLORIOUS LEADER JMEE THE FIRST!

Also, the SDFDLL are a sub-group of the WWBCLF (World-wide brightly coloured liberation front), and therefore their acronym has nothing to do with OACAI.
Long Live United Forenia!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2009, 03:12:48 pm »

I am part of it. Sadly though Servant Corps deemed it fit for me and the other member(s) to not know each other. He just said that we would all recognise the name Komitadji.

And why would I put it out there? Because the mafia know everyone else is non-mafia so I havn't exactly told them anything have I?

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2009, 03:42:09 pm »

Brain confused much. This is all a drug-dealing ninja elf plot to confuse us!

The masons don't know each other. Or rather, didn't. It could be a well thought out mafia plan, but I doubt it. They've only had a few hours.
Does that mean the terrorists don't know each other? No; the mafia votes for their night kill. Then again, anonymous voting? If that is the case, whoopee, because the mafia will probably get ties until they do contact each other.
But I hope for Kashyyk's sake that the mafia isn't secret, because then we have no way of knowing to which of the two he belongs.

Long Live United Forenia!

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2009, 03:43:42 pm »

Are you guys actually all in gangs, or are names like NIF just made up?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2009, 04:03:04 pm »

Due to Shades having to drop out, I decided to let Alexhans play. I already sent him the same PM I sent Shades.

Hopefully we can learn a little bit about the Mafia through voting. Also, do we get to know anything about the Mafia, or is that all we get to go off of? That they're a terrorist group?

You know nothing other than that they are a terrorist group.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2009, 04:43:31 pm »

Have we voted for anyone yet? I am confused.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2009, 04:59:17 pm »

Yeah, I'm not sure what we're supposed to be doing right now.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2009, 05:06:49 pm »

Nobody voted yet.

EDIT: Also, each Mafia is allowed to kill. There is no voting, if a Mafia agent wants to kill someone, he may do so.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 05:12:03 pm by Servant Corps »
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2009, 06:42:37 pm »

Nobody voted yet.

EDIT: Also, each Mafia is allowed to kill. There is no voting, if a Mafia agent wants to kill someone, he may do so.
Well, what chance do we Townies have now? There's a bunch of secrets we're just getting informed about. Each Mafia can kill? There's a secret Masons's guild that none of the Masons know quite enough about. I'm fairly sure that the Mafia have the same predicament as the Mason's guild does, because it only makes sense: If the Mafia all knew each other and there were multiple Mafia with 11 people, we'd have a situation like this:

9 Townies Vs. 2 Mafia
Lynch: 9/11 chance for a Townie, or 81.8%
So, likely, we lynch a Townie today, followed by TWO night kills.
So, worst case scenario, we lose two people.
So, immediately, it is dropped to 6 Townies Vs. 2 Mafia, in the worst case scenario.

And that's if they have TWO. What if they have 3? What about 4? Who knows? If they don't know each other, then we'll probably have Mafia killing each other and Townies. It makes sense.

Are you guys actually all in gangs, or are names like NIF just made up?
What is NIF? Where do these people get these names? Are you making them up?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2009, 07:01:33 pm »

well, I suspect they have the ability to convert, and definately kill. So each round, unless the actions are blocked, the mafia will be up by two members. Thankfully Servant Corps gave us a pro-town gang, you know like the masons guild, called the Komitadji. No idea what it means though.
Whoa whoa whoa... Wait. Did you say TWO members? How will the Mafia be up by two members? There's only ONE mafia, isn't there? How can they be up by two members if they could convert. Unless there ARE two mafias... Wait... A... Minute...

But, how could you know that there are? Were you given some sort of extra information by being in the Komitadji? Here's where it gets interesting everyone.

Honestly... you probably shouldn't have said the name of your gang out loud. You know why?

This is why.

Kashyyk, you've just given us Townies so much information it hurts. We now know that:

1. You're Mafia
2. There are multiple Mafia gangs.
3. The Mafia do NOT know each other.

You just got SERVED, logic style.

Voting for Kashyyk, for obvious reasons. If you want to play a game of Mafia, don't make such a rookie mistake.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2009, 07:03:11 pm »

Voting for Kashyyk.

Also, Kashyyk, what did I die of in that ninja mafia game?

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2009, 07:05:46 pm »

Voting Kashyyk.

Because the voice in my mind is telling me too.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2009, 08:55:12 pm »

While my Finger of Suspicion is pointed at Kashyyk, I'd like to give him another chance to defend himself before I condemn him to death, as I think this could just be a big misunderstanding.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7