Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Goblin slaves  (Read 1997 times)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Goblin slaves
« on: December 14, 2009, 04:09:20 pm »

Well this is weird...I got a goblin ambush (third one and still no seiges  >:() and fighting with them was an elf wrestler. I think i found my first grown up goblin slave.

assimilateur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Goblin slaves
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2009, 04:25:41 pm »

As far as I know that's not a slave, that's someone who was abducted as a kid. Whenever I've seen multiracial goblin towers in adventure mode, there was no indication of the non-goblin denizens being slaves and not regular members of the goblin civilization.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2009, 04:28:34 pm »

Thats what i meant lol.

Quantum Toast

• Bay Watcher
  • Schrödinger's Breakfast
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2009, 06:11:59 pm »

Pretty sure I've heard about people getting attacked by goblin civs with no actual goblins.
That would be as deadly to the wielder as to anyone else!  You'd sever your own arm at the first swing!  It's perfect!

assimilateur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2009, 06:47:40 pm »

Pretty sure I've heard about people getting attacked by goblin civs with no actual goblins.

I think I've seen goblin towers with no goblins in them in adventure mode, but I don't know whether those were goblin civs with extinct goblins, or non-goblin civs that invaded the towers.

Regarding dwarf mode, I think I've read here that only goblin ring-leaders are taken from the actual civilizations and other invaders were spawned out of thin air, i.e. they're unrelated to any population that developed during world-gen. By that logic, you wouldn't be able to see ambushes or sieges without goblins in them, but I have no idea whether or not the above account is at all accurate.

Stargrasper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2009, 07:29:38 pm »

I think I've seen goblin towers with no goblins in them in adventure mode, but I don't know whether those were goblin civs with extinct goblins, or non-goblin civs that invaded the towers.

Regarding dwarf mode, I think I've read here that only goblin ring-leaders are taken from the actual civilizations and other invaders were spawned out of thin air, i.e. they're unrelated to any population that developed during world-gen. By that logic, you wouldn't be able to see ambushes or sieges without goblins in them, but I have no idea whether or not the above account is at all accurate.

Well, at the very least, it also tracks any and all beings abducted from any player fortress in that world.  I've never seen a goblin siege without goblins, though.

Urist son of Urist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2009, 10:26:21 pm »

Hmm...being able to train Goblins as slaves/haulers might be kind of nice.  I know I could use some extra ...uh...hand-power to shift all that rock.

Foa

• Bay Watcher
  • And I thought foxfire was stylish in winter.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2009, 11:51:23 pm »

Hmm...being able to train Goblins as slaves/haulers might be kind of nice.  I know I could use some extra ...uh...hand-power to shift all that rock.
If I ever enslave a species, and they have Intellegence tags, they'll become part of the civ.
And the only Intellegent Entity I would ever merge with are kobold, they'll become equals.

I say no slaves, either it's amalgamate, or they'll be test subjects and gladiators.