Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Dwarves don't poop  (Read 27295 times)

AxelDominatoR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarves don't poop
« Reply #75 on: April 27, 2009, 10:15:42 am »

I live in Italy! ( Reggio Calabria, extreme southern part )
Axel DominatoR ^^^ HC

kotekzot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 27, 2009, 04:40:00 pm »

All the folks who scream for a tileset included, ask mike mayday what a turd will look like. Ascii will just have small brown "t"'s all over the place. I am just fine with the "chunks" from the butcher shop. Asking for poop is like asking for a listing of all the junk in the chunks. And I am certain there is some poop in the chunks, too. I am satisfied. Kinda like there's two things you never want to watch get made, sausage and legislation.

We don't need poop. If you want poop so badly, you can mod it in. Make some smelter reaction that produces poop from something. Assign a dwarf to the smelter (toilet) and order him to drop a load (your new reaction, with whatever it is he needs to use to poop properly, preferably a gold brick). Then you have all of your building materials you want. Mod in something to turn it into potash, and you have your fertilizer. You'll have loads more options for all you "scat"terbrains out there when more features are implemented into the main game. Modding will only get more powerful as the game is developed I'd support an official tileset before any excrement "fun", and I hate tilesets, lol

Armok is not God of Poop, he's God of Blood, and I'm sure his sphere overlaps with vomit and ichor too!
bad news for you, butchery is eventually going to produce organs that can be used in alchemy.
Dwarf Fortress: Where violent death is a renewable resource
Bro, your like... thinking like a square man... its like, the WHOLE lamprey is just like, one big NECK dude, you know? its like hahahaha! dude protect the trees though, seriously. *inhale*... anyways... you like, want this dead black bear, bro?

RavingManiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 01, 2009, 04:21:06 am »

I can see how poop could be implemented into DF quite easily.

Excrement will be handled as an item. A latrine will have to be built over an open space, and have a room designated from it(pooping in public? Hell no). When used by a dwarf, excrement will be deposited on the tile below the latrine.

In a normal latrine, the feces will eventually rot away by itself, generating miasma(disgusting the unlucky dwarf inside). In a latrine over magma, the feces will simply burn away. In a latrine over water, the feces will dissapear, turning the water into sewage water the same way blood disperses in water(feces will not dissapear in sewage water, so the water must be kept running).

When a fortress is abandoned, EXCREMENT WILL STAY IN THE EXACT SAME PLACE. The last thing anyone wants is turds strewn all over the fortress for no adequately explained reason.

Regarding the issue of having to poop preventing dwarves from completing their jobs, the addition of a new bodily function could be combined with this:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=33858.0
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 04:24:38 am by RavingManiac »
Thief:"Quiet kitty, Qui-"
Cat:"THIEF! Protect the hoard from the skulking filth!"
The resulting party killed 20 dwarves, crippled 2 more and the remaining 9 managed to get along and have a nice party.

Albedo

• Bay Watcher
  • Menacing with spikes of curmudgeonite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 01, 2009, 05:55:15 am »

skill: night soil collector.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 01, 2009, 07:41:05 am »

Fools, how do you think Dwarves can tan leather without water nor fat?

joelpt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Quickfort homepage
« Reply #80 on: August 14, 2009, 06:47:30 pm »

If you like this idea consider voting for "Feces and urine":

http://www.bay12games.com/forum/eternal_voting.php

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 14, 2009, 09:24:21 pm »

The spinning Feces hits the Wolf in the lower body!
It explodes in gore!
The Wolf has been struck down.
Avatar by legendary engraver /u/Redicno of reddit.

Goose in a jar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 14, 2009, 11:53:54 pm »

Make dwarves poop.

Make dogs eat non-liquid poop.

There, that would make poop management optional.

Wolfius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 15, 2009, 01:24:16 am »

The last thing anyone wants is turds strewn all over the fortress for no adequately explained reason.

Rhesus Macaques

Damn dirty monkeys.  :(

alfie275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 15, 2009, 02:37:38 pm »

The spinning !!sewage water!! hits the dragon in the torso.
It is slightly bruised.
The dragon is pissed!
Urist McMacaque adventurer has been struck down by a dragon.
I do LP of videogames!
See here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrAlfie275

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 15, 2009, 03:17:38 pm »

Excrement will be handled as an item. A latrine will have to be built over an open space, and have a room designated from it(pooping in public? Hell no).
They seem just fine with getting knocked up in public, without a bed even.

Maybe it should be treated as disrobing, and we can worry about poop after that's fixed.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Shad0wyone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 15, 2009, 09:00:09 pm »

Why the HELL did you necro THIS?!?!

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #87 on: August 15, 2009, 09:52:46 pm »

Why the HELL did you necro THIS?!?!
Because he's full of crap?

*rimshot*

Balathustrius

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_SLEEP]
    • View Profile
    • In which I post pictures
« Reply #88 on: August 15, 2009, 09:56:26 pm »

I think it's a good idea, if only for its implications.  To cater to 200 dwarves and nobles (who would of course require their own private toiletries), vast sewer systems would need to be constructed beneath the fortress (which is possible now with z-levels).  These sewers would come to be infested with all manner of loathsome creatures, trolls, maybe otyughs and whatnot.  Goblin thieves could use them as a convenient point of entrance.  Entire raiding could sneak through them.  Perhaps, though, the dwarves would construct complicated systems of levies and floodgates and, when a raid was approaching, pull the lever and drown them in sewage.

Chasming sewage could lead to attacks by chasm-dwellers, sneaking up through the sewer systems to emerge from the communal bathrooms beneath the great hall.  Attacks out of toilets would give Urist McNoble a good reason to always have a couple of personal guards present, in case he finds himself under attack in his own quarters.  In adventure mode, sneaking through sewers is practically an archetypal activity.

And, if Toady ever decides to add diseases, sewage would suddenly become even more important.  Appropriate waste-disposal systems would be a necessity

Poop for its own sake would be fairly worthless (I don't want bricks made out of it or anything), but, as a whole, I think sewage disposal would add another v interesting layer of complexity to the game.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 10:02:53 pm by Balathustrius »
You have struck Microcline!

AtomicPaperclip

• Bay Watcher
  • Who names their kid dagger anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 16, 2009, 03:05:01 pm »

Dwarves actually have gizzards that convert their food into vomit.
Dear Toady: Keep up the good work man, we appreciate you and the game beyond words.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8