Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19

Author Topic: RTD: Unfettered Fate: Turn 23: Rolls Halted.  (Read 21941 times)

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Unfettered Fate (Actions needed for first turn.)
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2009, 02:09:21 am »

Still subject to revisions as they are needed.
These will be the player statuses.  I will try to keep them up to date with the most recent turns, and mention something else here...  Just because I don't say it here, doesn't mean it's not applicable. If you find yourselves with internal injuries, a magical curse, that sort of thing, you'll need to find out yourself for it to be posted in the status list. 

Spoiler: Nuke9.13: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cheeetar: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Virex: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Org: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Jay Kayell: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: wehtamjd92: (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 09:56:52 pm by Golgath »
I fully endorse the idea of mountain goats that hunt man.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2009, 02:22:18 am »

Cheeetar looks around. Nothing. Not the large palace he was in before this happened. No guards. No peasants being whipped for his entertainment. "I shall have to make myself another." he says. And so he does. "But first, to regain my body".
I start construction of a fort.
I try and regain possesion of my body.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 03:07:13 am by Cheeetar »
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2009, 03:01:01 am »

Ares was standing atop Mt.Olympus and looking down on the mortal world when he was suddenly pulled through a vortex to some strange land. He could not see his surroundings very well and he felt as if some of his divine powers had left him. He suspected that the other gods had something to do with this and decided to call himself by another name until he returned to Olympus: Jay Kayell.

I try to regain my physical form.
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Unfettered Fate (Actions needed; waiting on Org and wehtamjd92.)
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2009, 07:04:10 am »

I attempt to make a body for myself.

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Unfettered Fate (Actions needed; waiting on wehtamjd92.)
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2009, 12:26:33 pm »

Five out of six, we're just waiting on wehtamjd92 now...

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Unfettered Fate (One slot remaining)
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2009, 06:25:17 pm »

I'll join I'm on often to run my own RTD so if I didn't post it would be for good reason.
Double-post for laying down the law.  (Hah!)
All right...  He hasn't posted here for nearly twenty four hours, and since it's holding up the start of what was supposed to be a faster-paced RTD, I'm throwing up his position for grabs.  Anyone interested needs to post, including an action, and if he doesn't show up within six more hours, then the first poster after this that isn't already joined will get the spot.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 06:29:37 pm by Golgath »

wehtamjd92

• Bay Watcher
  • Gorram reavers.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2009, 07:36:33 pm »

Position for garabs I don't thinks so!

Wehtam was on of the greatest space pirates ever to have sailed the infinite sky. He was known to have had 50 ship under his command and to have repelled a reaver attack with just three ships and his bear hands (hands ripped from a bear and used to beat people). He was just about to start a raid on a ship flying through his territory before hes was ripped from time and space and shoved ethreal into a new plane of existance. Due to the fact he doesn't know where he is and might have enemies here he will go by the name Matty.

His first item of buisiness find himself a body.
It takes someone special to put the laughter back in slaughter.

What did you all go and order a dead guy for?

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2009, 07:37:14 pm »

I try to open a small portal to my home. While it might not be large or stable enough for me to escape, it'll enable me to take some tomes and equipment here. If the portal remains stable long enough I try to take a tome of Applied Pyrosynthesis, a tome of Luminometric Interferometry, a wide-spectrum chromoscope and a directional sonograph, in that order.
Clearly, there isn't much here you can do without your spellbooks.  You  attempt to discover how the spell that transported you worked...

You grope blindly about, senses still confused as you attempt to search for whatever transported you here.  Despite the massive surging energies below you, you manage to find a trace of something lingering roughly in the center of the hilltop.  You cautiously examine it,
then experimentally try to cast a scrying spell.
You suddenly realize with a chilling feeling that everything you knew of magic means nothing here.  Words of power, gestures, intonation, all impossible without a proper body...  You draw upon the great magical energy surrounding you, and command it to do your bidding.  To your astonishment it reacts, and your mind is suddenly bombarded by information.  Though you lose most of it in the mental barrage, you understand one thing; there is no turning back.   Whoever or whatever brought you to this place had immense power, and it would be impossible to access any other planes from this place unless something drastic happens.  You feel as if you've learned something about controlling the magical energy here.

I scry the magical voltage of our location.
You focus on the raging mass of magical energy surrounding you..
Suddenly, you feel someone drawing on the power, and the energy surges towards the center of the hilltop, with you being squarely in the way!
Still unused to this form, you sluggishly dart to the side.
Though you avoided the largest portion of the energy, you feel the energy strike at you as it passes by, ripping through your form.
As you shakily pull together, you feel like something is changed.  Different.

I try and regain possesion of my body.
The indignity of this affront is unacceptable.
  You must a body, at least!.  In a rage, you rip and tear at the nearby magical energy, trying to force it to do your bidding.
You crow victoriously as the energy obeys, forming a shell of energy around your being.  You twist and pull it until it becomes roughly humanoid in form, then attempt to take full control of the construction.
You manage to bind yourself to it, though you feel if it is destroyed, it will not be fatal to you.  The creation itself has 'eyes', though at the moment you are rather dazed from the sudden transfer and can't make much from them.
I try to regain my physical form.
Whatever scheme put you here, you need to have a proper physical form.
You cannot seem to affect this world in the same way, and realize that you will need some form of energy if you wish to accomplish something.  Feeling a surge of energy, then another, you try to investigate, and notice that one of the others has managed to make some form of body with the magical energies of this place.  The twisted behemoth would be hardly suitable for yourself, but you think if you could understand the energies more, you could create a proper physical body.
You carefully examine the energies and results, and feel that you understand at least a little bit about the power of this place.

I attempt to make a body for myself.
You try to examine the energies around yourself, but can't make heads or tails of it.  You begin to try to do something, when you feel others drawing on the same power and it pulls out of your grasp.  You watch, intimidated, as one entity forges a golem out of the pure energy.

Due to the fact he doesn't know where he is and might have enemies here he will go by the name Matty.

His first item of buisiness find himself a body.
Even you can feel the energy of this place, and watch, warily, as the others attempt to control it.  Though the results seem potentially beneficial, one of them was blasted by the efforts of another.   You carefully examine how the others work with the magical energy, and think you understand a bit of how it works.

You fail to notice anything beyond the hilltop, with all the magical energy flying around.

Well, that was fun.  For some people, anyway...
I figured you all would like to see how this goes, I'll put up the statuses in around half an hour.  My first time working with some of this stuff, so any mistakes will also be fixed then.  Feel free to point out anything you think is wrong.

Spoiler: Nuke9.13: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cheeetar: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Virex: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Org: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Jay Kayell: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: wehtamjd92: (click to show/hide)

Overall, a decent start.  Not everyone got what they wanted, and I was tempted to change some rolls, but that's not how the game is supposed to be played.  ;)
EDIT: A little bit of change to your status, Cheeetar.  Nothing major.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 09:15:33 am by Golgath »

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Unfettered Fate (Turn one is up, actions for turn two needed.)
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2009, 09:34:56 pm »

I use my newfound understanding of magic to create a body for myself.
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2009, 09:36:29 pm »

I make a body out of everyone else!  ;D

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2009, 12:23:33 am »

This body is adequate for a high being such as myself. But it is of no use if there is no-one to command with my body.
I create some dim-witted basic beings to command around and terrorise.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2009, 03:17:53 am »

I turn inwards, using my super twisted spirit powers to bind the energies of this place to my will! Bwahahaha!

Also, background:
Once, I was mighty. Once, I was powerful. Then all my followers got murdered by the followers of my enemies, and I was nothing. I made a living, though, by possessing mortal forms.
I've been exorsised more times than you've had hot dinners; being a twisted dissembodied spirit is my ground state of being.
Now, who can I posses here? An energy golem? Nah. I shall let my fellow entities build me a better body than
that
Long Live United Forenia!

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2009, 01:39:55 pm »

A body? I am not sure I ought to take a corporal form after what happened to my former body.
That's not to say I ought to remain like this...

I try to tap directly into the energy stream and alter it's direction of movement.

Riding the storms like ever before...

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Unfettered Fate (Turn two action needed for wehtamjd92.)
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2009, 11:52:51 pm »

Looks like we have a hold-up again.  Going to try to stick to an update per day schedule, but I'll let this one slide, but if the majority have posted and one person is holding things up, I'll either put the final one on AI or shelve their turn.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Unfettered Fate (Turn two action needed for wehtamjd92.)
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2009, 06:46:17 am »

AI him. This is taking to long.
Long Live United Forenia!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19