Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19

Author Topic: RTD: Unfettered Fate: Turn 23: Rolls Halted.  (Read 21909 times)

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Unfettered Fate (Turn two in progress.)
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2009, 12:52:58 pm »

I use my newfound understanding of magic to create a body for myself.
With your basic understanding, you try to weave the energies into a proper body for yourself..  Something is wrong.  When you try to reach for the energies with your mind, they seem to shy away.  You notice that all the energy in the vicinity seems to be flowing away.  You are unsure what caused this, but it is obvious that there will not be very much energy left in this place when the process completes.

I make a body out of everyone else!  ;D
Gleefully, you decide to try to use the magic to force the others into a proper shape for yourself.  You can't even seem to budge them, as the magic is completely untouchable for you.  Discouraged, you decide to examine the twisted golem that was produced earlier.  You examine it in it's entirety.  It is like a shining beacon among the magical energy around here, and is clearly very concentrated...  And also flawed.  You don't think the creator knew much about magic at all, and it looks like the creation itself could be easily destroyed by applying some magic in the right places...  Though you aren't capable of that.

This body is adequate for a high being such as myself. But it is of no use if there is no-one to command with my body.
I create some dim-witted basic beings to command around and terrorise.
You decide that something to order around is what is important, and try to do the same thing with the magic flows as you did for your body.  Whatever allowed you to make the body seems to be gone.  The magic apathetically moves along, refusing to obey your commands.  Angrily, You try to find out why it doesn't work, but flounder aimlessly as you still haven't adjusted to your new eyes.

I turn inwards, using my super twisted spirit powers to bind the energies of this place to my will! Bwahahaha!

Also, background:
Once, I was mighty. Once, I was powerful. Then all my followers got murdered by the followers of my enemies, and I was nothing. I made a living, though, by possessing mortal forms.
I've been exorsised more times than you've had hot dinners; being a twisted dissembodied spirit is my ground state of being.
Now, who can I posses here? An energy golem? Nah. I shall let my fellow entities build me a better body than
that
Though it is difficult to isolate the changed portion of yourself, you finally manage to track it down.  It appears to be like the scars that form on wounds of normal creatures.  You're not sure what it does, but it doesn't seem to be harming you at the moment.

A body? I am not sure I ought to take a corporal form after what happened to my former body.
That's not to say I ought to remain like this...

I try to tap directly into the energy stream and alter it's direction of movement.

Riding the storms like ever before...
Slightly daunted by what you learn, you turn to the energy flows below you.  You immediately notice it flowing away...  That won't do at all. You try your best to pull at it.  You never quite realized how much power there must have been here, to allow those with no experience in it to manipulate it.  You reflect on this as a massive surge of energy streams towards you, resigned to your own destruction.  When it strikes you, however, it seems to meld with your current form, strengthening and reinforcing and empowering you.  You feel strange.

The energies of this place are dangerous, and we don't even know where we are.  I try to focus myself so I can see my surroundings properly.
You concentrate, and you manage to begin to make out your surroundings, though anything beyond the hilltop is still blurry.  You would have to focus more to get a meaningful image.

'Matty' suddenly is able to focus, and sees a massive amount of craters and damage to the land surrounding the hilltop, though the hill itself is strangely untouched.  He thinks he can see a dust plume in the distance, where the sun seems to be sinking into the sky.

If you think there are any errors, problems, etc., feel free to post.

Spoiler: Nuke9.13: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cheeetar: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Virex: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Org: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Jay Kayell: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: wehtamjd92: (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 01:05:34 pm by Golgath »
I fully endorse the idea of mountain goats that hunt man.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Unfettered Fate (Turn two complete, post your actions!)
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2009, 02:43:29 pm »

I make a body

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2009, 02:49:50 pm »

Things are becoming clear to me now. Litlle bits of things, but the large picture keeps eluding me.

It seems that this flowing power holds more secrets then it should, and it chose me for.... something...

I scry the surrounding area for sings of controlled magic. I wish to know just what kind of spells are at work and what their aim is!
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 04:17:23 pm by Virex »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2009, 02:54:23 pm »

Bah. I posses any available body.
Long Live United Forenia!

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2009, 04:31:38 pm »

I practice manipulating the magical energy.
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

wehtamjd92

• Bay Watcher
  • Gorram reavers.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2009, 09:26:43 pm »

Sorry I'm late I use my piratey powers to reenact the birth of adam who was crafted from the dust of the earth and while this may not be earth there is always dust.

And if I'm late:
If I succeed I want to then want to create an exploratory space suit to protect me from who knows whats out there.
If I fail I try to make a body again through sheer force of will.
If I only sorta kinda pull it off then I want to stablize myself.
It takes someone special to put the laughter back in slaughter.

What did you all go and order a dead guy for?

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2009, 09:30:44 pm »

Sorry I'm late I use my piratey powers to reenact the birth of adam who was crafted from the dust of the earth and while this may not be earth there is always dust.

And if I'm late:
If I succeed I want to then want to create an exploratory space suit to protect me from who knows whats out there.
If I fail I try to make a body again through sheer force of will.
If I only sorta kinda pull it off then I want to stablize myself.
I have no idea what you're trying to do here, but it'll be fun to figure out.
Also, you were on AI, so I'll try to use this for the third turn.

wehtamjd92

• Bay Watcher
  • Gorram reavers.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2009, 09:43:05 pm »

Well basically I make a body from dirt and stuff and make it a worthy host for my spirit form.
It takes someone special to put the laughter back in slaughter.

What did you all go and order a dead guy for?

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2009, 12:10:03 am »

I seek out places of higher magic.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2009, 12:19:01 am »

All right, looks like we have everyone ready.  I'll put a turn up here in an hour or less.

I make a body
Undaunted by your previous failures, you try again to form a body.  You just can't seem to do it.  Not only because of your efforts...  There seems to be something different about the magic itself.

I scry the surrounding area for sings of controlled magic. I wish to know just what kind of spells are at work and what their aim is!
You search the surrounding area for any signs of magical interference, feeling as if your enhanced form aids you.  You don't see any form of spellcasting at all around you.  All of these craters seem to be completely mundane in nature, and you notice that there are fragments of metal scattered around them.

Bah. I posses any available body.
You know that little can be done without a body.  Carefully examining the golem, you have a feeling you wouldn't have any luck seizing it, and you decide to look for something you're used to possessing on this world.  You cast outwards with your senses, and feel a familiar pinprick of bodily warmth in the distance.  You move towards it as fast as possible, easily adjusting to movement with this form.  Though your perceptions are still blurry, you think you can make out some form of irregularity in the distance...

I practice manipulating the magical energy.
You realize that you cannot do much with this magic without more understanding, and try your best to practice with manipulating the energy that still remains.  Though there isn't nearly as much left, you still have enough to work with, and you gradually begin to feel you can make more use of the lower energy levels.

Well basically I make a body from dirt and stuff and make it a worthy host for my spirit form.
A body is clearly important for accomplishing anything.  You try your best, but you can't do anything without the magical energy, which seems to shy away from you in particular.  You fail to accomplish anything.

I seek out places of higher magic.
Obviously you won't be able to do much here.  You analyze the flow of magic, trying to determine where it is going.  Though it seems to be flowing away in an even manner, you notice another entity traveling off into the distance, and decide to follow him.

The scarred spirit focuses further, and realizes that whatever in the distance is clearly buzzing with some sort of life form.  The place itself seems to consist of several large, light-colored structures reaching into the skies among a multitude of smaller, more varied buildings.

Once again, if you spot any problems or inconsistencies, point them out.

Spoiler: Nuke9.13: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cheeetar: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Virex: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Org: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Jay Kayell: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: wehtamjd92: (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 01:05:25 am by Golgath »

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Unfettered Fate (Turn three complete, accepting actions!)
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2009, 02:25:00 am »

I create a body for myself from pure magical energy.
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2009, 02:39:29 am »

I move towards the high energy place.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2009, 02:42:07 am »

What high energy place?  You just followed Nuke to the place filled with some sort of life-forms.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2009, 02:43:09 am »

What high energy place?  You just followed Nuke to the place filled with some sort of life-forms.
Oh, sorry, I misread.
I try to inspire fear in the life forms, and make them obey me.
I've played some mafia.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2009, 02:49:50 am »

Predatory senses? Roar.
I seek out and possess the most powerful* of the life forms.

*Not one so powerful that I suffer a -2 penalty to possessing it
Long Live United Forenia!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19