Dwarf Fortress > DF Suggestions

Suggestions Forum Organization

<< < (24/24)

saharo:
Hello everybody.
Excuse me if I didn't read the whole 8 pages of this thread.
I'm starting to get a real interest for the suggestion thread, and I'd love to have a place that is some sort of overview of what's the status of the conversation in the community. I see that there has been a tentative to put this overview somewhere:
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/User:Granite26/Suggestions
but it's not updated since 2009 and the suggestion thread keeps popping the same questions over and over.
Is there any effort active to give life to that wiki page? I would definitely love it, and I would give my contribution as I slowly research the topic that interest me.

thanks everybody!

Gweetarplaya:
Hello!  I'm an occasional lurker who's played the game in short bursts every few years (since 40d).  The game is so much bigger and the world is so much better than when I first downloaded it.  Thank you for your efforts!

I've been thinking of making a suggestion using the Threetoe story format.
(Story -> Analysis/Desired Feel)

* Analysis would be translated into specific mechanics
* These mechanics may be separated into discrete chunks that are designed to work with each other
* Further discussion on how these mechanics may contribute toward / alleviate other requests.Would making a Threetoe style story suggestion be appropriate?  Or would that be invasive towards the game vision.
If I made the story/suggestions would this forum category be the place to put it?
Thank you!

Demandro:
I think this suggestion should go here if I understand this correctly.
Most recent replies should be displayed at the top and at the first page of the topic messages list.

lethosor:

--- Quote from: Demandro on February 02, 2021, 03:27:29 am ---I think this suggestion should go here if I understand this correctly.
Most recent replies should be displayed at the top and at the first page of the topic messages list.

--- End quote ---
This thread is for discussing how to organize discussions in this subforum. Your suggestion sounds to me like a suggestion for changing the forum software itself, which is not in the scope of this thread, and likely not something anyone in this thread can address.

However, this does appear to be a personal preference you can change: under http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=theme, try checking "Show most recent posts at the top" and saving.

Orange-of-Cthulhu:
I suggest splitting the suggestion forum in 2 parts:

1: Fixes/improvements to existing things.

Like changing the military screen or changing how tombs work or making dragons grow up faster.

2: New content.

Like adding beavers or tattoos or pegasi dwarves can use as flying mounts.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version