Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

Moody hermit

(1/2) > >>

Luraien:
I took up the challenge of having a hermit-controlled mountian fort. I used the other 6 dwarves to haul all the stones up to the point where I had enough rooms for my hermit, then locked them all up and left them to die. One went insane half way through and killed the rest, saving me a job.

I figured the hermit would love his own fortress, but instead hes mourning the death of the other 6 dwarves and keeps throwing tantrums. He's currently took it upon himself to destroy his own bedroom and smash up doors.

I know its not an official way to play the game, but is there any way I can cheer this moody bastard up? He's miserable and I've no idea how to make him happier.

Hermit update: He's just gone mad, is there no hope for him any more? :(

Jim Groovester:
Nope. He's a goner. Maybe if you get migrants, you can try again. Migrants don't start with relationships like the founding seven do.

Luraien:
Ah, damn. I just had a shipment of migrants and I let them starve with the originals. Had such a cosy hermit lair too :( Hes just thrown himself in the chasm he built and theres no way out for him.

Farewell 'Old Nick' Libashinash. I'm determined to make this hermit challenge work, I'll use migrants next time ;D haha.

Demonic Gophers:
You could try making a really nice dining room, and then killing people off one at a time, so the deaths don't all impact your hermit-to-be at the same time.  That might do it.

Phazer:
im doing a similar challenge except i got all start 7 makes all work faster too. and no unhappy insane depressed tantruming sobing dwarves

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version