Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Psyco Jelly's RTD  (Read 6328 times)

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
Psyco Jelly's RTD
« on: February 27, 2009, 02:02:21 pm »

I'm fairly certain we all know how a RTD works. This will use my own sort of wound system, and there will be no ghosts, reviving, or altering the rules. Each turn each player will post their action, and the roll of a six sided die will determine the outcome. There will be certain modifiers depending on the situation, but in general:

1   -   Epic failure. Murphy's law has it's way with you. This is a FUN thing.
2   -   Failure. You fail at the task. There is nothing quite extraordinary about this.
3   -   Marginal success. You don't fail, but nothing good comes from your attempt.
4   -   Success. You mostly succeed at the task at hand.
5   -   Success with Skillz. You complete the task with the utmost precision and efficiency.
6   -   Overshot. You completed the task with such breathtaking force that unexpected things may happen.

The game takes place in an unknown complex which you have no recollection of. You only know you must be the one to escape. If no-one escapes, we shall start another round, and if more than one person escapes there will be a DEATHMATCH between any and all escaping parties.

There are six states of health that you can be in.

- Normal
- Wounded
- Seriously Wounded
- Grievously Wounded
- Mortally Wounded
- Dead

Whenever you take damage, you will advance a wound level. Whenever you do not take damage, you have a 1 in 6 chance of losing a wound level. When you are mortally wounded, each turn you have a chance of dying. A roll of a 1 or 2 means death.

You wake up in a gray concrete room with a large iron door to one side. You are laying in a cot surrounded by other people who appear to be wearing the same white suits as you. The room is lit by a florescent light, emitting a buzzing sound that would drive most people insane after an hour's exposure. There is light classical music playing from a speaker in the ceiling.

All slots are taken... For now.

1. NUKE9.13
2. Virex
3. Digital Hellhound
4. Nirur Torir
5. Org
6. Lear
7. Zasit Alebath
8. Flintus10
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 11:09:22 am by Psyco Jelly »
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Psyco Jelly's RTD
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 02:09:16 pm »

Join RTD. I'm only in two.

I break the damn lamp.
Long Live United Forenia!

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 02:28:01 pm »

I'll join

I walk up to the steel door and lay my hands on it. Focusing strongly, I try to comunicate with the internall structure of the door, and force it into forming a pair of spiked metal gloves.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2009, 02:31:22 pm »

I'll join.

I'll listen to the music, trying to learn about classical music.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2009, 05:37:21 pm »

Joining just one more couldn't hurt, right?

I'll learn the secret art of hypnosis by hypnotizing NUKE9.13 into thinking that he is a mighty warrior. (Unless somebody else volunteers to be hypnotized.)

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2009, 05:38:46 pm »

I join.

I make a power klaw!

Lear

• Bay Watcher
  • IRO-Bot will never die.
    • View Profile
    • the-crowing-is-near on deviantArt.
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2009, 07:04:05 pm »

I would like to join.
I sit on my cot and try to focus on what my master told me of the fabled falcone paunch.
Those were the days, The End Complete.
deviantART - My artworks, let me show you them!

Zasit Alebath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://jedvagenij.blog.hr
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2009, 03:24:49 am »

I would like to join,

I take off my robe, and arrange it into a makeshift rope

I hope we are wearing underwear 
I deny that I exist, or have ever existed, for any legal purposes, particularly lawsuit.)
'b' is different than 'x' and a Bed doesn't hold back magma as well as a Floodgate no matter how fast you type.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2009, 04:08:38 am »

I join and I do as many push ups and sqauts as I can to get my body ready for whatever is ahead.

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2009, 11:44:33 am »

Okay, update time!

Join RTD. I'm only in two.

I break the damn lamp.

2   -   You jump a little, but the lamp is just out of reach.

I'll join

I walk up to the steel door and lay my hands on it. Focusing strongly, I try to comunicate with the internall structure of the door, and force it into forming a pair of spiked metal gloves.

5   -   The door relinquishes some of it's mass to form a pair of spiked metal gloves that fit around you hands perfectly. The aren't very heavy and will add some power to your punches.

+1 to all punching attempts.

I'll join.

I'll listen to the music, trying to learn about classical music.

5   -   You remember your classes, and have become a buff on the subject. You don't recognize this particular piece, but it creates a soothing atmosphere.

Joining just one more couldn't hurt, right?

I'll learn the secret art of hypnosis by hypnotizing NUKE9.13 into thinking that he is a mighty warrior. (Unless somebody else volunteers to be hypnotized.)

4   -   You hypnotize NUKE9.13 into thinking he is a mighty warrior. This may or may not cause berserking in the near future.

I join.

I make a power klaw!

2   -   You try and use the cot to make a power klaw, but soon realize that you are lacking any sort of thermonuclear reactor.

I would like to join.
I sit on my cot and try to focus on what my master told me of the fabled falcone paunch.

1   -   You reflect on his teachings, and premform the falcone paunch. You smash into the wall breaking your hand and arm in the process. You are now wounded. The wall appears to be unharmed.

I would like to join,

I take off my robe, and arrange it into a makeshift rope

I hope we are wearing underwear 

2   -   You remove your robe and try and form it into a rope. Unfortunately the robe is exceptionally fragile and rips in two. You are wearing underwear, a manthong.

I join and I do as many push ups and sqauts as I can to get my body ready for whatever is ahead.

4   -   You preform copious amounts of push-ups and squats. Your muscles are more toned, but you are exhausted.

Status

NUKE9.13   -   Normal, A Warrior
Virex         -   Normal, With spiked gloves
Digital Hellhound   -   Normal, a buff on classical music
Nirur Torir  -   Normal, A hypnotist
Org           -   Normal
Zasit Alebath       -   Normal, with a man-thong
Flintus10    -   Normal, exhausted, buff
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2009, 11:48:26 am »

I try to make myself stronger, more agile, and tougher.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2009, 12:05:05 pm »

I shall now attempt to heal Lear.

Lear

• Bay Watcher
  • IRO-Bot will never die.
    • View Profile
    • the-crowing-is-near on deviantArt.
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2009, 12:09:46 pm »

I attempt to set my broken arm while listening to the music.
Those were the days, The End Complete.
deviantART - My artworks, let me show you them!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2009, 01:00:49 pm »

I challenge someone to a friendly wrestling match.
If no-one wants to fight, I'll try to get the door open.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2009, 01:11:20 pm »

I challenge someone to a friendly wrestling match.
NUKE9.13 DO BERSERKER RAGE AGAINST DIGITAL HELLHOUND! RAAARGH!
Long Live United Forenia!
Pages: [1] 2