Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Cleaning fluid?  (Read 2751 times)

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
Cleaning fluid?
« on: February 28, 2009, 01:56:40 am »

I noticed a dwarf hauling around a barrel, though she is nowhere near the kitchen, still, or any food pile.  So I checked it out.

She's performing the Clean job:

And she's hauling around a barrel of Sewer Brew:

That stuff's so nasty that it's only good for cleaning!

Okenido

• Bay Watcher
  • Loli Advocate
    • View Profile
    • New Various Nonsense
Re: Cleaning fluid?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2009, 01:59:50 am »

Still won't get rid of the vomit.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2009, 05:22:29 am »

Dwarves seem to have a problem putting down booze barrels. It happens when they go meeting the manager to complain about the lack of work sometimes. They seem to ignore the 'store item in stockpile' order that would usually go immediately after the drink task. It also happens when your booze stockpile is outside and you order all dwarves inside.

This is just to say that, no, they're not cleaning with dwarven booze. I don't think alcohol is a suitable cleaning agent. A disinfecting agent, maybe.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2009, 06:59:09 am »

Dwarves seem to have a problem putting down booze barrels. It happens when they go meeting the manager to complain about the lack of work sometimes. They seem to ignore the 'store item in stockpile' order that would usually go immediately after the drink task. It also happens when your booze stockpile is outside and you order all dwarves inside.

This is just to say that, no, they're not cleaning with dwarven booze. I don't think alcohol is a suitable cleaning agent. A disinfecting agent, maybe.
This is dwarven alcohol. Moreover, sewer brew, the real rotgut of the dwarves. That stuff probably etches platinum.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Protactinium

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SALT:CHILD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2009, 09:53:00 am »

I'm not saying this authoritatively, but I do believe I recall alcohol being a very good cleaning agent (aside from the disinfecting rubbing alcohol). If it's corrosive, it's pretty good at removing caked grime in small, diluted quantities (and should burn and destroy in large and concentrated amounts).
The thing that confuses me about dorfs is this. Dorf 1 dies in an avalance or somesuch. Dorf 2 is friends with dorf 3 and dorf 1. Dorf 2 berserks because of his friends death and kills dorf 3. also a friend. W. T. F.
Clearly you've never been drunk.

Xgamer4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2009, 04:11:19 pm »

Does that mean I could defeat sieges by dumping dwarven alcohol on them?
insert something mind-blowing/witty here*

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2009, 04:22:09 pm »

This is dwarven alcohol. Moreover, sewer brew, the real rotgut of the dwarves. That stuff probably etches platinum.

But what would gutter cruor do then?

I like your dwarven thinking, but unfortunately, dumping alcohol on a problem won't solve it in some cases.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2009, 04:39:14 pm »

Magma fixes all of life's problems.

If magma did not fix your problem, you did not use enough of it.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2009, 04:50:31 pm »

If it's corrosive, it's pretty good at removing caked grime in small, diluted quantities (and should burn and destroy in large and concentrated amounts).

Only problem is that alcohol isn't nearly as corrosive as most cleaning agents. It's mainly used because it's capable of dissolving a large number of substances that don't disolve in watter (many oil-based substances and fats for example, though you won't be able to disolve the more resilliant types of oil-based products. For that you'd need aceton, or something like octane), and because it's good for disinfecting things.

Skorpion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2009, 05:54:17 pm »

Maybe if you light them on fire first.
The *large serrated steel disk* strikes the Raven in the head, tearing apart the muscle, shattering the skull, and tearing apart the brain!
A tendon in the skull has been torn!
The Raven has been knocked unconcious!

Elves do it in trees. Humans do it in wooden structures. Dwarves? Dwarves do it underground. With magma.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2009, 06:55:53 pm »

Now the question is if you first light your enemy on fire or the booze, i suggest both.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2009, 06:45:39 am »

If it's corrosive, it's pretty good at removing caked grime in small, diluted quantities (and should burn and destroy in large and concentrated amounts).

Only problem is that alcohol isn't nearly as corrosive as most cleaning agents. It's mainly used because it's capable of dissolving a large number of substances that don't disolve in watter (many oil-based substances and fats for example, though you won't be able to disolve the more resilliant types of oil-based products. For that you'd need aceton, or something like octane), and because it's good for disinfecting things.

To quote myself, this is proper dwarven rotgut. The kind that you can't bring into contact with metal.
God knows what's in that stuff.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2009, 07:06:45 am »

Concentrated elf guts.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2009, 01:38:05 pm »

Magma fixes all of life's problems.

If magma did not fix your problem, you did not use enough of it.
I'm thirsty. now were did that magma go? ??? ::)
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2009, 03:47:25 pm »

If she's cleaning with it, she may want to dunk some of that gotrot on herself.  Look at the vomit all over face!

And shame on you for using reveal.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.
Pages: [1] 2