Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Menggembish Ushesh Nist "Lashedseals the Imprisonment of Fears"  (Read 1393 times)

Tcei

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear me! I am Bekat the Adorable Skull!
    • View Profile

So I've decided to try my hand at one of these comunity/story fortress things.... a week before I move to a new place...

The heat was unbearable as they pressed up against the cliff wall, for what little relief the shade may provide, already over half their group had fallen to the heat. Stinthad whiped his sweaty brow and looked up at Fikod, she lifted her tired gaze to meet his, he knew her thoughts mirrored her own, peasants...they were to survive and build a prison with nothing but the help of peasants...
Turning he pointed to a near by peasant, "You there! Pickup that pick! Strike the earth!"
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Journal of Stinthad,
25th of Granite,101
Finaly made it to the location as requested by the Queen. I see now why this place was chosen for a prison, of the 20 of us to found Lashedseal only 7 of us remain, the rest died from the heat, of that only two of us are guards, the rest are worthless peasants.Fikod and I've taken up commoner profesions in order to survive. We struck the earth and dug in a temporary dwelling. When the caravan comes I'll have a talk with liason, see if I can get more help and more soldiers before the first wave of prisoners.

1st of Felsite, 101
Set up a farm at least we'll have food. Fikod's told me that not all water in this forsaken place is dried up, says there's a stream below our hovel filled with all manner of terrifying creatures. She seems reluctant to go out now and chop wood.
We've also begun work on the great spiral.

26th Galena, 101
Late summer, work continues on the great spiral, the temporary refuge has grown to include space for a carpentry shop, as well as a craftsdwarf shop and brewery.We also made a seprate room for all the finished goods we've been cranking out for the caravan come the fall and work will begin soon on a barracks. Finkod told me that she was threatened by a giant brown spider when she went out to cut more wood for the beds and barrels. I told her to be sure she wears her armor at all times now.

1st of Limestone
Fall has arived and we struck copper! Aslo Finkod has reported that the hippos have given birth their populations have now doubled, I do not like this.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 06:39:36 am by Tcei »
....They just refuse to stay down unless butchered, in which case their skins will haunt you until you subdue and tan them. Never has legendary butcher and legendary tanner seemed so valueable as in this release.

DI7789

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Menggembish Ushesh Nist "Lashedseals the Impronment of Fears"
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 06:36:22 am »

I'd like to have a dwarf, named "Fish-Hater" (Or Fishhater if hyphens aren't allowed), could he be the brewer (if that position isn't already taken)
Gone on hiatus due to RL. Major apologies to all involved in LP thread.

Tcei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Menggembish Ushesh Nist "Lashedseals the Imprisonment of Fears"
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2009, 06:42:21 am »

You are now the brewer Fish-hater Chewbolts! :D :D
....They just refuse to stay down unless butchered, in which case their skins will haunt you until you subdue and tan them. Never has legendary butcher and legendary tanner seemed so valueable as in this release.

FoboslC

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2009, 01:26:30 pm »

Ill take one male as Armorsmith / Weaponsmith, Phoebos will he be
-edit-
Also, is this is succession or a story fort?

Tcei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2009, 03:27:03 pm »

Done, and it'll be a story fort.

18th of Timber, 101
The caravan has come and went, after speaking with the liason and showing him around he agreed that more help was needed
before prisoners could be sent, he also promised to speak with the elves and humans and talk them into bringing us oods.Dunno how well that'll work out. Finkod spoke with me afterward and suggested that the great spiral be broken up into two seprate spirals The first half, which is already nearly finished will lead to the trade depot, offices and other public areas for non-residence.
The second half will contain an observation deck, barracks, execution platform, and all manner of useless stuff for a spiral. She seems to think we can hollow out the mountain.

1st of Granite, 102
Winter was uneventful, work was completed on the upper spiral, and now the lower spiral begins to take shape, like clockwork the hippos have again doubled their numbers. Things are actualy duller than I'd feared. Maybe we can capture and train these watery menaces...

28th of Granite, 102
Elves arived like promised, Fish-hater our peasant turned brewer offered to trade with them while we continued on the second spiral... nothing useful from the pointy ears a barrel of corn oil and a few cantalopes, oh and did I mention a gibbon? Yep a lovely little gibbon in a cage! Im sure a stinking monkey in a cage was completly worth half our stock of stone mugs...
In other news a peasant named Phoebos Worknoiseless found out anvil, thought we lost it. Perhaps its time to expand our temporary shelter to include more storage. I believe when we get a few free hands I'll have him start making armor and weapons, he seems like the strong type needed for the job.

26th of Slate, 102
Immigrants! Received a glassmaker- now a much needed mason, a soap maker now a carpenter, Finkod is currently rejoicing over this one, a woodcrafter that's the new woodcutter , he'll help Finkod cut wood for now, a peasant and a fisher to join the military (fisher seemed really happy after having seen the stream), two more  masons, another peasant who I've instructed to learn mechanics (we'll catch an army of hippos!),  a bone carver who'll also be smelting the copper and tedrahite we've mined out so far, a  second farmer, wood burner, a jeweler he'll most likely end up mining as soon as another pick is made, a cook something besides raw plump helmets does sound good... and another peasant who'll be training our future animal army. In total that brings our prison up to 21, 4 of which are guards. Finkod just arrived...she looks worried.

9th of Felsite, 102
Turns out Finkod had noticed Fish-hater behaving oddly, I told her that with a name like Fish-hater of course he'd be odd. Turns out he was behaving odder than expected. Tossed our fledgling stonecrafter out of his shop and grabed a stone and began working furiously. When he finished he emerged with a crown that he called Gim Lesast, "The Twist of Flanking". I call it useless. What use is a crown filled to the brim with menacing looking spikes?