Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Many civs, trading and seiges  (Read 1050 times)

¿

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Many civs, trading and seiges
« on: March 02, 2009, 08:12:59 pm »

Can you have more than one caravan on your map at a time from different civs?
Can you have more than one army on your map at a time from different civs?
The same civs?

I was about to add many more civilizations to make the game much more lively (constant caravans and invasions), but I don't know if that will even work.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: Many civs, trading and seiges
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 12:59:04 am »

The answer to the caravan one is yes, I think the limit is 6 at once or something like that.
I am pretty sure you can have multiple ambushes at the same time, but I don't know about sieges.
A civ will only send one caravan or attack at a time and will not send another until that is gone. If you duplicate a civ and change the [ENTITY:?] to something else, than it is possible to have duplicate civs sending groups at the same time.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Blakmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 03:02:10 am »

The answer to the caravan one is yes, I think the limit is 6 at once or something like that.
I am pretty sure you can have multiple ambushes at the same time, but I don't know about sieges.
A civ will only send one caravan or attack at a time and will not send another until that is gone. If you duplicate a civ and change the [ENTITY:?] to something else, than it is possible to have duplicate civs sending groups at the same time.

Are you certain about this? I know you can have dwarves and another civ in autumn, but last I checked you could only have one caravan a season. Has this changed recently?

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Building Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2009, 03:24:42 am »

Meph's stories from Civilization Forge (where he has a metric ton of new races) has him recieving multiple races in trade often, IIRC.
DF Vanilla-Spice Revised: Better balance, more !!fun!!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173907.msg7968772#msg7968772

LeadfootSlim on Steam, LeadfootSlim#1851 on Discord. Hit me up!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2009, 01:40:19 pm »

Oh, yeah. I usually have 2 civs trading with me each season. When I tested out the Primitive Civs mod with the rest of CivForge, I was getting overwhelmed with trading partners.

I haven't tested out a limit to the number of caravans you can have trading with you at any one time, since I like to spread them out. But the game can handle 3 or four at once no problem.

It is true that a given Civ will only send one caravan during any given season, but if you have one set to be active all 4 seasons you can see caravans from them each season.

I'm not positive about the limit of ambushes/sieges per season. I usually only see one per race in any given season, but I've seen at least 4 races show up to attack me in the same season. (2 sieges, 2 ambushes).
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One