Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: trying to mod in all-in-one clothing  (Read 2687 times)

Canadark

• Bay Watcher
  • meet me in the mead hall
    • View Profile
Re: trying to mod in all-in-one clothing
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2009, 04:55:44 pm »

Dwarven jumpsuits!

Red wool pajamas with the poo hole in the back
You all do know that we everytime we gen a world in DF, a new universe is created somewhere, and everytime we delete a save we kill a whole world?
Aye, we are Armok, god of blood, evil, villager gutting, fortress building, legend making and elf thongs.

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2009, 12:04:44 pm »

Cloths don't affect damblock at all, correct?

Very, very slightly, but not enough to make a difference.

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2009, 12:06:55 pm »

afaik clothes do not provide layering anyway, so that is irrelevant.
Actually, they do. The [COVERAGE:100] tag is on most clothing and is equivalent to a tiny amount of layering. This can allow dwarves wearing lots of clothing to survive fine on glaciers and tundra but dwarves without clothes cannot.

Yup. Naked, a dwarf or goblin will slowly freeze to death on a glacier. Change the layering tag and they can survive indefinitely in the cold.

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2009, 09:19:58 pm »

To balance this out, I up the [LAYERING] to about 200ish, so dwarves won't freeze to death in the snow.

i removed clothes a long time ago, and i've embarked on a few glaciers. i have never seen a dwarf die to this.

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2009, 12:24:48 am »

To balance this out, I up the [LAYERING] to about 200ish, so dwarves won't freeze to death in the snow.

i removed clothes a long time ago, and i've embarked on a few glaciers. i have never seen a dwarf die to this.

I haven't had any dwarves die yet either, because I bring them inside before too long. Kobolds, whom I've also stripped, will eventually die of hypothermia. Some of the dwarves who stay outside for long periods of time eventually have all of their internal organs be bruised. Seems like the cold does a small amount of damage to the entire body over time, but the internal organs don't heal from it, so that damage will add up and eventually kill them.

Death by brainfreeze!  :o

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2009, 12:45:02 am »

a new way to kill invaders: build a walled in courtyard on the surface, toss them in and leave 'em.

after stripping them, of course
Avid (rabid?) Linux user. Preferred flavor: Arch
Pages: 1 [2]