Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12

Author Topic: Paranormal mafia game - Beware of Doppelgangers (Day 3 - game over!)  (Read 29320 times)

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal mafia game - Beware of Doppelgangers (Day 3)
« Reply #135 on: March 11, 2009, 09:47:36 am »

Eh. It's better to be lynched than to be eaten.

EDIT1: I'm real sorry for my bad playing style. I'm no good at being The Doctor.

EDIT2: And, just because..for good time measure...

MAFIA:
*webadict
*Nuke9.13
*chaoticjosh

EDIT: I made a mistake in typing the word "Zaithmaster" instead of chaoticjosh. My bad. It's Zaithmaster who is the CIA Agent, not chaoticjosh, he's the Dopp. Sorry for that! Bad typing!
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 11:30:07 am by Servant Corps »
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 11, 2009, 09:58:06 am »

I VOTE FOR NUKE9.13!

See? This doesn't help me. Why haven't you been helping before Squeegy?

Someone told me to vote so I did.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 11, 2009, 11:00:29 am »

Eh. It's better to be lynched than to be eaten.

EDIT1: I'm real sorry for my bad playing style. I'm no good at being The Doctor.

EDIT2: And, just because..for good time measure...

MAFIA:
*webadict
*Nuke9.13
*Zaithemaster
While all of the stuff you said is true, we probably should've just killed you last night. It would've left Kashyyk to put the blame on, instead of this mess we've created. However, I'm just gonna say it. I'm a Doppelganger. Pandarsenic's the Alien, and we won't kill him because he's helping us.

Of course, he could always change his vote, but it'll play out like this: He gets one of us lynched today, we kill SC tonight. Another lynched tomorrow, we kill him that night. There's no point in killing the Agent now since he knows everything.

So, basically, as long as this goes like this, SC dies tonight. inaluct COULD potentially save you from lynching, but inevitably, you die tonight no matter what.

If Pandarsenic votes with us, we keep him alive. He wins with us. End of story. I don't think Alien would taste so good either.

So, there's three potential situations:

inaluct votes for NUKE:
Tie! No Lynch!
Tonight, SC dies.
Tomorrow, we win lynch. Dopps and Alien win.

SC gets lynched:
Tonight, Zai dies.
Dopps and Alien win.

Pandarsenic changes his vote:
Today, NUKE9.13 is lynched.
Tonight, SC dies.
Tomorrow, chaoticjosh or I dies.
Tomorrow night, Pandarsenic dies.
The next day, last of us dies.
Town wins. Alien loses.

As you can see, there's no point in hiding the fact I'm a Doppelganger, because the only possible loss condition comes from my team and the Alien losing, but he doesn't want to lose, so I'm a Doppelganger.

Hi guys! Bears teeth... Who's hungry?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 11, 2009, 11:20:46 am »

What's your game Webadict!?

I'm thoroughly confused now, I was positive you weren't part of the troupe, and now you say this, and imply I'm a Dopp?!

What sick game are you playing?!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 11, 2009, 11:30:41 am »

What's your game Webadict!?

I'm thoroughly confused now, I was positive you weren't part of the troupe, and now you say this, and imply I'm a Dopp?!

What sick game are you playing?!
Give it up, josh. We all know we're the Doppelgangers. Just admit it. We've already won. There's no point in denying it.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 11, 2009, 11:33:43 am »

Tie! No Lynch!

I would assume that the town would lynch both Nuke and me. But that all depends on how Meph states the rules would go. I would assume the latter, at the least, because the town's so paranoid.

Before:

1. inaluct
2. Squeegy---War Vet
3. Zaithemaster--CIA Agent
4. webadict---Dopp
5. Servant Corps---Doctor
6. chaoticjosh--Dopp
7. NUKE9.13---Dopp
8. Panda---Alien

After, if Nuke and I dies...

1. inaluct
2. Squeegy--War Vet
3. Zaithemaster--CIA Agent
4. webadict---Dopp
5. Servant Corps---Doctor
6. chaoticjosh--Dopp
7. NUKE9.13---Dopp
8. Panda

You now have 6 people alive. You need to reduce it to 4. You're going to kill one person, I assume not Panda, and I also assume not Squeegy. Either Zai or inaluct. Doesn't matter anyway.

So, now you have 5 people. Since the 2 Dopps and the Alien are likely to vote together, the Dopp-coalition will outnumber the non-Dopps, scoring them a free lynch. Cue lunch.

Anyway, Meph, just type out the ending. That's, what, the second Mafia game I lost? Out of 3 or 4 (I played one Mafia game on another board)?
Lesson Learnt: Never, NEVER quote odds.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 11:53:48 am by Servant Corps »
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 11, 2009, 11:42:47 am »

Well, this isn't quite how I expected things to go down. Interesting, though.

I guess it all hinges on Pandarsenic, since he's pretty much the tie-breaker in both scenarios.

Panda, you've already thrown in with the dopps against SC so far. Do you decide to stick with them?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 11, 2009, 12:00:59 pm »

If Panda changes his vote he's lost. QED he won't.

This game would have been better with more people to eat.

The words 'om nom nom' spring to mind.
Long Live United Forenia!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 11, 2009, 12:09:07 pm »

It appears that trying to continue this ruse is pointless now.

Yep, I'm a doppelganger, and this is my masterplan.

for the first two days, we killed randomly. Thank god you guys were so stupid as to admit who was the War Vet so we could safely avoid him.

When I saw SC roleclaim, I devised to not kill him, so we could frame him later. What I didn't count on though is Zai roleclaiming cop and accurately calling out Nuke as a Dopp. Losing a Dopp would devastate our chances of winning, so I did the only thing I could think of, play dirty.

It was a two-part plan:

1) claim cop and accuse SC and Zai of being Dopps to divide the townies in their votes.

2) Rig the votes by making a deal with Pandar, who we already knew was an alien, into voting with us. This guarantees a win/win situation for us.

Webadict is a big oaf though that can't keep his mouth shut though, so now it's down to this.

So, Pandar, you know the right choice. Just claim once again that you want SC dead, and you win.

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 11, 2009, 12:19:28 pm »

This is intense!  ;D
Is this the first game where mafia devastated townies so much that they can safely reveal themselves?
That's not good for (mafia's) business.
I suggest there should be more aliens in the next round  8)

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 11, 2009, 12:25:30 pm »

Yep, I'm a doppelganger, and this is my masterplan.

Uh-huh.

Should have just killed me though and framed Kasyyk for it. Far less risker for the Dopps than, well, this.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 11, 2009, 12:30:01 pm »

In retrospect, I can think of a lot of strategies that are less risky than this one, but this one's going to get the job done, and that's all that matters.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 11, 2009, 12:35:34 pm »

It would be really funny if Panda was lying to us all the time and this was his true role:

Grab a Doppelganger for Study - Once during the game, the Alien chooses a person at night and takes them onboard their space ship for study. Both Vanish. If the person was a Doppelganger, the Alien wins. If not, the Alien loses.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 11, 2009, 01:06:00 pm »

Eh, vote webadict. Every body do it. Out of spite. You too, Panda, unless you like grudges.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 11, 2009, 01:09:03 pm »

That's hitting below the belt Inaluct, even if I lost, I wouldn't hold a grudge against somebody because of it.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12