Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12

Author Topic: Paranormal mafia game - Beware of Doppelgangers (Day 3 - game over!)  (Read 29413 times)

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal mafia game - Beware of Doppelgangers (Day 3)
« Reply #150 on: March 11, 2009, 01:28:33 pm »

Only against the one who made me lose.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 11, 2009, 01:39:26 pm »

Eh. webadict.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 11, 2009, 02:30:28 pm »

Please, keep this one going. Looks like this will all be decided one way or another, I'll do the final write-up today based on what everyone does.

Also, I've started sign-ups for round 2. I'm not going to make any assumptions on who wants to join, so make sure you reply to that thread if you want in.

Hopefully we can get more people playing next round, that should help make things more interesting.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 11, 2009, 02:31:13 pm »

Why would we? It all depends on what Panda states, and unless Panda's a liar, the game ends.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 02:33:22 pm by Servant Corps »
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 11, 2009, 07:14:16 pm »

It would be really funny if Panda was lying to us all the time and this was his true role:

Grab a Doppelganger for Study - Once during the game, the Alien chooses a person at night and takes them onboard their space ship for study. Both Vanish. If the person was a Doppelganger, the Alien wins. If not, the Alien loses.
You have no idea how much I wish I'd gotten that role.

Alas, I am the Survivor Alien and my only safe action is for my vote to remain on Servants Corps.

Sorry, Townies. I'd have saved you if I could, but I like my life as it is (existent).
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 11, 2009, 07:15:23 pm »

Enjoy your grudge. ;D

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 11, 2009, 07:16:05 pm »

It's okay. I'm just glad this game's over.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 11, 2009, 10:21:14 pm »

It would be really funny if Panda was lying to us all the time and this was his true role:

Grab a Doppelganger for Study - Once during the game, the Alien chooses a person at night and takes them onboard their space ship for study. Both Vanish. If the person was a Doppelganger, the Alien wins. If not, the Alien loses.
You have no idea how much I wish I'd gotten that role.

Alas, I am the Survivor Alien and my only safe action is for my vote to remain on Servants Corps.

Sorry, Townies. I'd have saved you if I could, but I like my life as it is (existent).
It's true, you guys. He really wanted to help you. I gave him the math though, and showed it was impossible for him to win anymore (since we pretty much forced him to vote.) I explained to him the possible situations that could happen, explained the probabilities of winning, and then he chose to win.

Although, to be fair, I was trying to win myself.

I chose to talk because:

1. I was found out.
2. My team had a likely chance of winning.
3. I planned to confuse as many of you as possible.
And lastly, 4. Why not?

CJ kinda hated what I was doing, seeing as how I was trying not to appear part of any group and remaining quieter than normal. If everyone used the same tactics on the same team, we'd have been pointed out pretty easily.

Also, not quite all his ideas for doing things, but I don't much care who gets credit. Nice game everyone. Perhaps next time I'll be part of the Town.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 11, 2009, 10:25:52 pm »

As the doppelgangers reveal themselves, a cold chill runs down the spines of the remaining humans. It's one thing to know some of your neighbors are monsters, another to see them become those monsters with your own eyes.

Pandarsenic begins to slow back out of the room as the doppelgangers rush at the townsfolk. Squeegy draws a pistol from under his jacket, but the monsters are too quick. Nuke ducks underneath the shot and barrels into the Vet, taking him to the ground. Squeegy's shouted insults quickly cease as the doppelganger's teeth rip into his throat. Meanwhile, webadict chases down the fleeing Doctor, Servant Corps, and proceeds to rip him to shreds. Chaoticjosh graps inaluct and zai and crashes their heads together. The topple to the floor, unconscious.

As Pandarsenic lifts off from this doomed town, he thinks sadly of the humans he left to die. But he has his own life to live, and while he can sympathize with the humans he has no desire to die for the sake of his research subjects.

Ok, that wraps up this one. A little shorter then I thought, but hopefully you all had some fun with it. I hope you'll all join in for the next round.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 11, 2009, 10:28:46 pm »

...Wait, Zai is not the Agent?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 10:38:05 pm by Servant Corps »

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 11, 2009, 10:31:18 pm »

Ooh, they just knocked me and Zai out instead of killing us. You know what that means, right?~
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 11, 2009, 10:53:18 pm »

...Wait, Zai is not the Agent?

Oh, rats. Yeah, Zai was the Agent. Forgot to put that in there.
Come play Mafia with us!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 12, 2009, 07:30:37 am »

I really liked this game, made me feel like an evil genius.

I couldn't have won without Webadict and Nuke though, you guys were great.

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 12, 2009, 08:49:06 am »

Best mafia ever!
Made me want to do my own. If you approve then I just might, cause they are quick, fun and easy to manage :D

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 12, 2009, 10:27:01 am »

Heh. Well, I can't stop you from running a mafia game. You might want to wait until one of the others is shutting down, though, since we only have so many potential players around here and while Mafia is easy to run it takes a good amount of time and brain-power to play. Which is why I only play one at a time.
Come play Mafia with us!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12