Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12

Author Topic: Paranormal mafia game - Beware of Doppelgangers (Day 3 - game over!)  (Read 28985 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal mafia game - Beware of Doppelgangers (Day 1)
« Reply #60 on: March 06, 2009, 02:36:02 pm »

The hot afternoon sun beats down on the town hall. Fortunately, there is a large supply of cold drinks to keep everyone's temperatures low, even if tempers rise.

So everyone knows, I'm going to try to make each day and night one real-time day each. I will be ending Day 1 no earlier than 5:00 (PST) today, and will try to be fairly consistent about ending somewhere around 5-6 each day. This will be more consistent on weekdays and less on weekends, but I won't end any day or night earlier than 5:00 Pacific Time.

Also, I would prefer that people not quote their Role PM from me to anyone (in a PM or in this thread) as that ruins much of the suspense. No matter what, you shouldn't be able to be CERTAIN that someone is who they say they are. Seeing a quote from me gives too much weight to what you say.

If you have done this already, don't worry about it, but please refrain from anything like that in the future.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 06, 2009, 07:23:01 pm »

So, what is Squeegy going to do? Deactive his power and and hope that we don't accidently lynch the CIA Agent? Or are we going to do...something else, by having the CIA Agent check another person?
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 06, 2009, 08:08:35 pm »

Shadows lengthen as the day begins to draw to a close. You all realize that you must soon decide what will happen this day.

You've got about another hour after this post to get your votes in. Then, the lynch occurs and Night will fall.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 06, 2009, 09:40:48 pm »

The day is over, and the votes are tallied. Many could not decide at all, but those who did voted strongly to kill the suspicious FoboslC! He is dragged out of the town hall and shot. His body slumps over, obviously still human. A search of his body reveals that he was just a normal townsperson.

You all glance around nervously. Some of the people in this town are pleased by this turn of events, but you cannot be sure who.

That's it for the day phase! PM me your night role actions if you have any. Night ends roughly 6pm Pacific tomorrow!
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 07, 2009, 03:56:44 pm »

Since I have all night actions done, I'll go ahead and unlock this. We start Day 2.

You gather then next morning at the Town Hall. Looking around, however, you see that Cheeetar is not among you. You quickly head off to his house. It has been broken into, and there is no trace of him inside.

You can only assume that he is dead at the hands of the monsters.
Come play Mafia with us!

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal mafia game - Beware of Doppelgangers (Day 2)
« Reply #65 on: March 07, 2009, 04:37:17 pm »

What the fudge?
Cheeetar was a no-role then?

So why did he get murdered?

Also, why did you people kill Fobos? I mean, yes, he was annoying in the DF mafia game, but reason to kill him? Not really.
Four people voted for fobos.
Zai started the voting for him, a random vote? Then why not withdraw it when he realised an unfounded bandwagon had started?

Inaluct was next: his vote was along the lines of, fobos sucks, lets kill him. That's a stupid mafia strategy. Inaluct is not stupid. Ulterior motives?

Pandarsenic was next: Mafia lore dictates that the third person on a bandwagon (against a townie) is more likely mafia than any of the others. But mafia lore is silly, and works on averages. However, pandarsenic's vote was also based on the same principal as Inalucts- stupid strategy+smart player= ???

The fourth, final, and most odd (if not suspicious): Squeegy. Gives no reason at all for joining the Bandwagon, roleclaims first turn, to cheeetar's distress. However, the fact that nobody challenges his claim to vetereanship suggests that there are only a few options:
-He is the vet.
-He's a doppelganger, and there is no 'real' Vet: Risky option for the doppelgangers, they lose 33% of their forces if they gamble wrong.
-He's a doppelganer and the 'real' war vet thinks there might be multiple vets: I doubt it. If there is 'another' vet, please somehow indicate this.
Of which option 1 is the most likely. So, probably an innocent townie.
Long Live United Forenia!

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 07, 2009, 04:52:52 pm »

Inaluct is not stupid
The fatal flaw in your logic.   :V

No, but really, I just dislike Fobos. Enough that if I feel like some other random player is going to be lynched, I'll try and get Fobos lynched instead.

He hasn't said anything obnoxious in this game, though, so that belligerence on my part is likely to stop soon.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 07, 2009, 06:27:35 pm »

Yeah, if I hadn't gotten him killed in here, webadict would've gotten his role in Ridiculous Mafia.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 08, 2009, 07:51:09 am »

Yeah, if I hadn't gotten him killed in here, webadict would've gotten his role in Ridiculous Mafia.
What?! Ah c'mon!

What the fudge?

Also, why did you people kill Fobos? I mean, yes, he was annoying in the DF mafia game, but reason to kill him? Not really.
Zai started the voting for him, a random vote? Then why not withdraw it when he realised an unfounded bandwagon had started?

Inaluct was next: his vote was along the lines of, fobos sucks, lets kill him. That's a stupid mafia strategy. Inaluct is not stupid. Ulterior motives?

Pandarsenic was next: Mafia lore dictates that the third person on a bandwagon (against a townie) is more likely mafia than any of the others. But mafia lore is silly, and works on averages. However, pandarsenic's vote was also based on the same principal as Inalucts- stupid strategy+smart player= ???

The fourth, final, and most odd (if not suspicious): Squeegy. Gives no reason at all for joining the Bandwagon, roleclaims first turn, to cheeetar's distress. However, the fact that nobody challenges his claim to vetereanship suggests that there are only a few options:
-He is the vet.
-He's a doppelganger, and there is no 'real' Vet: Risky option for the doppelgangers, they lose 33% of their forces if they gamble wrong.
-He's a doppelganer and the 'real' war vet thinks there might be multiple vets: I doubt it. If there is 'another' vet, please somehow indicate this.

Yeah, I doubt inaluct had an ulterior motive for Foboslc. Also, everyone ganged up on Foboslc becuase of DF Mafia, so I don't we'll get much from their votes. Other votes are probably more useful.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 08, 2009, 07:53:19 am »

Wtf did Fobos DO in DF mafia to piss off so many people?

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 08, 2009, 10:02:49 am »

What the fudge?

-He is the vet.

Wow, I never knew trying to go about this straight was gonna be so difficult. Also, Cheeetar was not distressed at my roleclaim, in fact he was simply talking to Panda about the war vet. I would assume someone targeted him to try and cast blame on me.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 08, 2009, 10:05:37 am »

You know, it is unlikely, but Cheetar's death could be caused by the Alien, and the Dopps just stayed back. It could also be possible that the Doops and the Aliens targeted the same person.

But I think what most likely is that there is no Alien trying to kill us all. Only the Dopps. I think that's something to cheer about, at least.

Yeah, it is very likely somebody is trying to blame Squeegy.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 08, 2009, 10:29:46 am »

Wtf did Fobos DO in DF mafia to piss off so many people?
One person voted for him, to which he replied:
Ok, you got me. I am an elf.
People were like, ftw?
He was like: I'm an elf, vote for me!
People were like:... ok...
He was like: VOTE FOR MEEEEE
Then he got lynched. He wasn't an elf, he was a roledwarf.
He was like: WTF WHY YOU LYNCH ME NOOBZ.
Long Live United Forenia!

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 08, 2009, 10:30:25 am »

Now that I think about it, very likely they're trying to attract suspicion to me. I roleclaim and I'm under heavy scrutiny, so they kill someone who was talking about me to draw suspicion.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 08, 2009, 12:16:27 pm »

Quote from: FobosIC
HEY EVERYONE
LOOK AT ME
I'M AN ELF
I'M AN ELF
NO
DON'T VOTE FOR OTHERS
VOTE FOR MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
*Lynch*
SEE HOW EASILY YOU NUUUBIES BANDWAGOOOONONONON? OLOL
I love how both Pandar and NUKE paraphrase Foboslc as saying "VOTE FOR MEEEEEE"