Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: A bit stuck here.... Any help?  (Read 4378 times)

Oksbad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
A bit stuck here.... Any help?
« on: March 05, 2009, 11:18:50 am »

My group, after busting out an inmate on death row just days before his execution (in a truly Hollywood fashion, complete with me getting chased by three police cars), spends most of their time hacking websites and kidnapping/planting sleepers. America is getting more conservative by the day. Any advice? (I have hacked some secret corporate files.)

Some other questions?

Do seduced or kidnapped members/sleepers go towards my member cap?
Most of my sleepers spout liberalism, I do have one spouting conservatism though, any real benefit to that?
Who has high lock picking/safe cracking skill? I recruited a gangster, but he doesn't have any...
I always just found it peculiar that the police are always able to pin the crime on you 100 percent of the time. The fact that organized crime rings exist at all without being bombed to hell by the national guard is evidence enough that this is not strictly the case in reality.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A bit stuck here.... Any help?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 11:57:48 am »

If you have a Printing Press, you can take your corporate files and place it in the area where the Printing Press is, and then release the files, thereby affecting the issues. You will offend the Corporations though if you do this.

Convert as many sleepers as possible, and set them all to Promote Liberalism. Aim for the cultural sleepers (Priests, news anchors, AM Radio Personality, Athletes, Dancers, Author, Music Critic, Musician, etc.), since they'll affect all the issues.

Spouting conservativism increases infliration, so when you switch back to Promoting Liberalism, the Sleeper becomes more effective. But since the country is being more conservative, it's far better just to have him be Promoting Liberalism.

I think Professional Theives have lockpicking/safecracking skills. They are usually hidden, sometimse as Socialites.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009, 12:19:56 pm »

I think the biggest thing you can do right now is to attack the Cable News and AM Radio buildings with some heavy attacks. Include molotovs to increase your chase of shutting them down for repairs, which will knock them out of commission and break their support as viewers/listeners find other media outlets. To determine if this is your problem, check opinion polls -- if the percentages on the Cable News and AM Radio issues are very low, you're going to have a hard time making progress until that changes.

Seduced members go toward the seduction cap of the person that recruited them, and not their member cap. Kidnapped members don't count toward either cap.

If your sleepers get to little or no infiltration, go ahead and drop them into laying low for awhile to get their infiltration up before continuing to promote Liberalism. Spouting Conservatism is used to more rapidly build infiltration, but if the sleeper is influential, it's too costly in terms of damage to public opinion. Best to use it for Janitors and such, where nobody's going to listen much anyway.

Professional Thieves are definitely the way to go if you want to get someone to good at lock picking. Your founder is one if you select option A in the last question, but otherwise, they're hard to find. They will generally be disguised as a Socialite, Clerk, Office Worker, Art Critic, or Music Critic. Or you could just bust into the prison again and start freeing loads of prisoners and hope you get lucky with one of them.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2009, 06:17:29 pm »

Professional Thieves are definitely the way to go if you want to get someone to good at lock picking. Your founder is one if you select option A in the last question, but otherwise, they're hard to find. They will generally be disguised as a Socialite, Clerk, Office Worker, Art Critic, or Music Critic. Or you could just bust into the prison again and start freeing loads of prisoners and hope you get lucky with one of them.

And, you can send the prisoners who aren't Professional Thieves on suicide attacks vs. the Cable and Radio stations.  Lead by smooth-talking non-thief socialites who can take over the mics and studios!

Two other bits of advice:
1) Be careful who you hit on site actions.  Attacking non-conservatives, and some other things, can hurt your cause instead of helping.
2) Crowbars can be used to tear open doors.  Course, you'll trigger the alarm soon after.

By the way, how long has your squad been in operation game-time-wise?  It's quite common for the country to get more conservative before the elections, as the powers-that-be range from moderate to conservative.  Were you refering to that, or to public opinion?

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2009, 06:25:06 pm »

By the way, how long has your squad been in operation game-time-wise?  It's quite common for the country to get more conservative before the elections, as the powers-that-be range from moderate to conservative.

But if you are doing well, the country just halts in its track, as Congress either deadlock on liberal law, or passes them only to see the President vetoes them.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Oksbad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2009, 03:01:22 pm »

Published those corporate files, raided a few places and things are looking better =D, an arch conservative law or two has been repealed.

Can you give any advice for safe cracking, red button pushing, CIA computer hacking and police record finding (skills in particular, I found a guy with 5 security but he can't seem to crack the safes in the ceo house)? In particular I can't seen to find the police records, search as I might...
I always just found it peculiar that the police are always able to pin the crime on you 100 percent of the time. The fact that organized crime rings exist at all without being bombed to hell by the national guard is evidence enough that this is not strictly the case in reality.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2009, 07:34:00 pm »

Police records can be found in the courthouse or police station. They are not found at a special location like the CEO safes, but are LOOT! items like everything else.

The red button needs someone with high science and intelligence. The CIA computer needs someone with high computers and intelligence. The safe needs a ton of security skill, and I think it needs to be nerfed, especially as I'm not certain *how* you're supposed to get that much skill. I'll try to remember to review all of these things for balance, to make sure they aren't too hard.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2009, 10:31:20 pm »

CEO safe isn't that hard, but it'll take a few tries to get success.  I'd suggest a Security of 8, easily obtained by unlocking doors repeatedly at the apartments for the first 4 points of security, then unlocking cages at the cosmetic labs for the rest of the points.

Also, it seems unlocking the apartment doors is easier than the ones at the other sites, although it might just be that missing one unlock roll in the apartments doesn't mean anything.  As opposed to being totally locked out of most sites by failing one unlock roll.

EDIT: Er, I mean, LCS TOO HARD, PLZ MAKE EASIER!!!! ;D

Oksbad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2009, 05:42:13 am »

I am training security atm. interestingly enough my founder has the most security rather than that thief, probably because you have to attempt to pick a lock before crowbarring it....  ;D

Also, how do you train science?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 05:44:50 am by Oksbad »

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2009, 09:04:50 am »

I am training security atm. interestingly enough my founder has the most security rather than that thief, probably because you have to attempt to pick a lock before crowbarring it....  ;D

Also, how do you train science?

Kidnap a bunch of scientists and interrogate them. ;)  That's how I do it.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Oksbad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2009, 11:32:42 am »

How do you "shut buildings down"?

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2009, 01:26:43 pm »

You need to cause sufficient havok to get them to close down for awhile. The easiest way to do this is to start throwing molotovs, and then hang around shooting people while part of the building burns down. One thing I want to have is an indicator that will tell you how much progress you've made toward that. It's especially important for the CCS, as you need to do sufficient damage to clear them out of a safehouse.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2009, 03:29:17 pm »

I think I've succeeded in shutting down apartments with nothing more then graffiti and theft.  However, this only worked when I got spotted and triggered alarm.  I don't think I've ever shut down the media without violence however.  I think I have shut down media without deadly force however, just roughing some conservatives up until they flee.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Oksbad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2009, 04:24:55 pm »

What "parties" can raid you? I know about conservative mobs, the CIA, and obviously the cops....

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2009, 04:54:02 pm »

The Firemen, not to be confused with firefighters. You won't see them except in a very Conservative society. The Corporations can hire mercenaries to raid you. The Conservative Crime Squad can raid you if you let them get really out of control. Finally, if you fight off a SWAT raid and stay bunkered down in your safehouse, they can call in the national guard and eventually bring in tanks to force you out.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4