Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: A bit stuck here.... Any help?  (Read 4377 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: A bit stuck here.... Any help?
« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2009, 08:51:58 pm »

Wow, not only did you beat the game, but it only took you 10 years gametime!  That's amazing!

Oksbad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2009, 02:59:11 am »

Special editions + tons of cop/agent/CEO sleepers for getting advance warning for raids is quite powerful. Hell, half my roster was probably agents/CEO's/cops that I couldn't convert in time.
I always just found it peculiar that the police are always able to pin the crime on you 100 percent of the time. The fact that organized crime rings exist at all without being bombed to hell by the national guard is evidence enough that this is not strictly the case in reality.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2009, 03:46:51 am »

You are overachieving.  In order to get advanced warnings, you just need any type of sleeper.  Janitors warn you as well as CEO's.

That's not to say that CEO sleepers aren't great for how they influence the issues and leak you info.  But if you are publishing special editions, you don't need many of each type of cultural sleeper.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2009, 04:10:59 am »

Actually, you do need CEOs if you want advance warning of mercinary raids. Janitors at the police station will pick up on police raids, but janitors at the corporate HQ won't pick up on mercinary raids. The double standard exists because the police station has many people working together with a paper trail in their hunt for the LCS, while the corporations are working extremely secretly on planning an illegal attack, and destroying all evidence as they go. You need someone extremely highly placed, someone likely to be "in" on the planning of a raid like this -- and that means getting CEO sleepers.

Oksbad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2009, 04:32:11 am »

You are overachieving.  In order to get advanced warnings, you just need any type of sleeper.  Janitors warn you as well as CEO's.

That's not to say that CEO sleepers aren't great for how they influence the issues and leak you info.  But if you are publishing special editions, you don't need many of each type of cultural sleeper.

(referring to cops) Most likely, perhaps due to a mistaken belief that higher ups should know more...

Yeah and %70 most of my special edition material did come from hackers, so leaking maybe is not so useful... Nevertheless, it is fun watching your sleepers leak you docs every once in a while...

Do merc sleepers warn you of raids? And is the same true for the CIA? I'd imagine they would be more secretive...
« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 12:18:14 pm by Oksbad »
I always just found it peculiar that the police are always able to pin the crime on you 100 percent of the time. The fact that organized crime rings exist at all without being bombed to hell by the national guard is evidence enough that this is not strictly the case in reality.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2009, 10:20:07 am »

This is good to know, Fox-sensei.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]