Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Savagery and Civilization coexistence?  (Read 1104 times)

Jazzeraint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Savagery and Civilization coexistence?
« on: March 06, 2009, 10:28:42 pm »

How can I mod the files to allow civilizations to be made in savage/terrifying areas?
The silver is responsible for this How?

Blakmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Savagery and Civilization coexistence?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 10:33:33 pm »

sorry, it's hardcoded atm with savagery. For evil areas, try inserting [EVIL] into the creature tags.

Sinergistic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2009, 10:37:19 pm »

How can I mod the files to allow civilizations to be made in savage/terrifying areas?

[EVIL] should work for the creatures. Unless [GOOD] is for savage, I think that is hardcoded.

[EVIL] creatures spawn in evil places, right? And creatures that spawn in EVIL places are undead, right? Would it be possible to make an undead race?

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2009, 08:47:43 pm »

This is the way those tags work. There are two classifications of tags, [GOOD]/[EVIL] and [BENIGN]/[SAVAGE], all creatures can show up in 'neutral' areas. Creatures with the [GOOD] or [EVIL] tags can show up in good and evil areas respectively, and creatures with the [BENIGN] or [SAVAGE] tags will be able to show up in benign and savage areas respectively. Creatures can have multiple tags be able to show up in multiple different types of areas. Overall, the tags form a grid.
Code: [Select]
          Benign     Neutral      Savage
Good      Serene     Mirthful     Joyous Wilds
Neutral   Calm       Wilderness   Untamed Wilds
Evil      Sinister   Haunted      Terrifying

Creatures and civs can exist in any biome that they contain the tags for, with all creatures and civs being able to exist in neutral biomes. Therefore, all that is required to have a civ that exists in terrifying areas is to make sure that it has the [EVIL] and the [SAVAGE] tags. This will then allow it to exist in Haunted, Terrifying, Untamed Wilds, and Wilderness areas.

As for an undead race, you could create a race that looked and acted like zombies or whatever, but it is currently not possible to limit a civ out of neutral biomes.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 08:49:50 pm by i2amroy »
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.