Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]

Author Topic: RTD - Rookie Arena, Epilogue and poll.  (Read 17281 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD - Rookie Arena, turn 31. Fire, burning brightly.
« Reply #285 on: April 20, 2009, 01:00:46 pm »

I think part of the problem with the current magic system is A) I unbalanced the spells, especially improved shield and Incendia Praemum, and B) I mostly ignored armor/shields with spells. It's a bit silly to block a fireball with a buckler, but I'll include equipment bonuses against spells next round.
New magic system idea:

Spells will be designed by me with points. Each magic level adds one point, starting with no points for no skill level. Points could do any number of things (IE, +1 damage, enemy gets a headache, enemy catches fire, enemy turns into an elf.) Players don't get to say exactly what they want their spells to do. Status ailments will get a coin flip to see if they work (Maybe more then one, if the spell is designed to cause status ailments instead of damage). The standard spell would be just as effective as a punch. The spells will automatically improve themselves as the caster levels up, and I might allow an attempt to cast a more powerful spell for -1 penalty.

Yes? No?

Votes:
1A - 0
1B - 5
2 - 1
3 - 1

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
Re: RTD - Rookie Arena, Epilogue and poll.
« Reply #286 on: April 20, 2009, 02:18:42 pm »

Sounds reasonable.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: April 20, 2009, 05:19:38 pm »

Sounds great. Do people who aren't already in an RTD get precedence, or can I just submit my re-application now?
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: April 20, 2009, 05:57:18 pm »

No applications until the new thread goes up in a few days please.

I'm still deciding what the entry requirement will be. It'll probably be something along the lines of "If anybody from this RTD applies, anybody who wasn't a player in this one has 24 hours to take their spot." Eight slots this time. I'd like to be fair to those who didn't get a chance to grab a character this time around. The initial requirement of this game (No joining if you're in another RTD) didn't go quite as well as I'd hoped.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: April 20, 2009, 06:36:33 pm »

That's probably because everyone who hangs out in the RTD thread is in a RTD game already. I got into this one because you made it just as I noticed the forum games/roleplaying forum.

As for the people who only hang out on the Dwarf-fortress specific forums, well obviously they won't notice this game and sign up now will they?  ;)
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: April 22, 2009, 05:35:11 pm »

Alright then, the new RTD will be up soon (hopefully within the hour). 1B won the poll; the rules will be very similar to this with the magic system changed and starting point-buy system in. Still no applications here, but people who have been refreshing this page every three minutes for the past few days will get the benefit of knowing that the new thread is coming soon.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]