Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Space Hulk  (Read 1739 times)

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Space Hulk
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2009, 07:44:07 pm »

Nethulk is pretty fun, and free!

I play 40k, and one thing I wanted to do when i learned of this is build a board, that is a space hulk, and do a small space marines/tyranids game.

Dasleah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2009, 07:45:02 pm »

GENESTEALERS WERE HERE

SPACE WOLVES ARE BITCHES
Pokethulhu Orange: UPDATE 25
The Roguelike Development Megathread.

As well, all the posts i've seen you make are flame posts, barely if at all constructive.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2009, 10:29:44 am »

I used to play Warhammer 40K and found out about Space Hulk. I wanted to play it just for the subject matter, so I called like 5 stores looking for it. I was pretty disappointed, you can only move and shoot toward non-diagonal adjacent squares on a grid.. DOOM came out the same year and was a thousand times better, A game I still play to this day.

If Doom was a loyal port of a classic board game, mostly just changed by a move to realtime, well, then it might be a more fair comparison. ::)
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2009, 02:34:39 pm »

I played the DOS game. Gameplay was mostly: place guards in corridors while trying to get closer to the nest thingy. Unfortunately, the only way to kill the genestealers was by spamming bullets by mashing the mouse buttons (and even then there was a fairly good chance that the GS would run towards you unharmed and kill you, except in the 1 in 100 chance that you randomly punched it - Im' talking about one genestealer running to you in a straight line for something like 10 squares while completely failing to die after being shot 500 times), and any Termies you weren't playing would fire like one bullet every 5 seconds, hence: dead.

I liked the mission where you got 3 marines in front and one in the back with a flamer. You got to cook all your teammates to a crisp with a single button click.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2009, 07:10:05 pm »

I thought of making a Space Hulk Forum Game...

4 TEH LULZ!
Pages: 1 [2]