Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27]

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress Video Tutorial ***NEW 2015 SERIES***  (Read 612236 times)

EricHale

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress Video Tutorial
« Reply #390 on: May 28, 2021, 04:59:07 pm »

Hoi Captain Duck,
Thank you so much for these - and keep them up! 
I found DF a few months ago but couldn't get into it at the time (though I loved the Boatmurdered story hehe).
Anyway, saw your vids today, downloaded one of the graphic set versions and had a great time - good job (also to programmer!)

Only thing that caused me so much grief was trying to farm!  I think my dwarves ate all my seeds before I had a field in the first game I played, then I spent so long trying to get water underground... now I found some areas near lakes are softer so I'm OK I think.. phew.

The learning curve for Dwarf Fortress has been described as a spiked overhang - but many of us have fought our way up, and have more fun than any other game around. This walkthrough, along with the DF Starter Pack, are my attempts to dangle a rope down, as the community first did for me years ago.

Dwarf4704

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress Video Tutorial ***NEW 2015 SERIES***
« Reply #391 on: December 14, 2023, 09:24:02 pm »

It was "no job" and things like socialize. I've already used prioritize dig for this, but what is the best way to deal with this next time?
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27]