Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Rashgeshud - A story  (Read 1564 times)

SnorriMabdugkosak

• Bay Watcher
  • Biban Deler
    • View Profile
Rashgeshud - A story
« on: March 08, 2009, 09:48:25 am »

Hi,

I'm new to the forum, I have been playing DF for almost a year now but am not much of a poster ever so I just now made this account. One of my hobbies is writing short stories, 95% of the time in fantasy setting, and the many hours of fun I've had playing DF caused me to write one in the DF world and would like to share it here.

Hope you like it.

Most basics in this story are based on actual occurences in my current fortress, but only loosely. Most things have been 'spiced up'. All names used have been 'stolen' from generated DF names, except for 'Snorri Mabdugkosak', which is only half stolen. :P

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 01:01:12 pm by SnorriMabdugkosak »
"Get rid of that wine, beer, rum, and all that damn human and elven brews... Ale! We shall live and thrive on ale and ale alone!!!"
-"Snorri Mabdugkosak" Uberdwarf, inspiring his dwarfs during the Beverage Cleansing in Rashgeshud, Ewéathira in 144.

"The problem of Elven children is best solved with strangulation."
-Kogsak Maggotkiller, adventurer.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
Re: Rashgeshud - A story
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2009, 10:08:00 pm »

nice!
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

SnorriMabdugkosak

• Bay Watcher
  • Biban Deler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 11:54:35 am »

Thanks!

Good to see that the god of blood himself likes it.  ;D
"Get rid of that wine, beer, rum, and all that damn human and elven brews... Ale! We shall live and thrive on ale and ale alone!!!"
-"Snorri Mabdugkosak" Uberdwarf, inspiring his dwarfs during the Beverage Cleansing in Rashgeshud, Ewéathira in 144.

Bromor Neckbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2009, 01:42:15 pm »

Good stuff.  If you ever decide to write a sequel to this, if that dragon ever comes back, I'm anxious to hear how it turns out.

SnorriMabdugkosak

• Bay Watcher
  • Biban Deler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2009, 06:39:28 am »

Thanks Bromor. I'm not sure if I will write a sequel, it's possible but I can't promise anything. But I don't think this was the last DF story I'll ever write... ;D