Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Partial Squad Inventory Removal -- Request For Comment  (Read 2863 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Partial Squad Inventory Removal -- Request For Comment
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2009, 03:45:46 am »

I'd say a Crowbar is more a primary weapon, with a pistol or something as the secondary.  They're kinda big.  But, it should be possible to equipt two pistols, one primary and one secondary, so I can give rescued workers weapons. 

While we're at it, I should also be able to fire two pistols or SMGs with sufficent skill (+8 pistol, +10 SMG).  But that's probably asking a bit much...

Oksbad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2009, 04:14:01 am »

But then, how will a firearm equipped squad pack a crowbar? Will they be stopped by a single locked door?
I always just found it peculiar that the police are always able to pin the crime on you 100 percent of the time. The fact that organized crime rings exist at all without being bombed to hell by the national guard is evidence enough that this is not strictly the case in reality.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2009, 04:23:10 am »

While we're at it, I should also be able to fire two pistols or SMGs with sufficent skill (+8 pistol, +10 SMG).  But that's probably asking a bit much...

What does that accomplish?  You can only aim at one target at once.  It's a liberal waste of bullets.

Hey!  Liberal waste of bullets!  A dual wielded gun will never hit anything.  But every bullet you waste adds one to your Juice.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Jetman123

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Bauxite Turbojet!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2009, 04:59:10 am »

I'm okay with this as long as there's "pocket space" for small items at least. Being able to carry one thing, a secondary weapon, and the clothes on your back seems a little... restricted.
When dwarves want to commit suicide, then by Armok, they _will_ commit suicide, even if they have to spend the rest of their lives working at it!

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2009, 05:31:28 am »

What would the pocket space be used for? I can see the value of bringing extra clothes and weapons for escapees, but those are generally quite large.

Crowbars and spraycans would definitely be equippable as secondary weapons. Even if crowbars seem to big, there's too much gameplay value in having that kind of tool be available as a secondary to prevent it.

With that said, if your guys are carrying rifles, you can probably just bash though most locked doors anyway; shotguns and assault rifles get pretty hefty bash bonuses. Crowbars are nice, but they aren't mandatory for forcing locks.

Oksbad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2009, 11:20:57 am »

duffel bags/back packs FTW?

Maybe anybody can bring a bag for a slight accuracy or disguise reduction?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 04:26:58 pm by Oksbad »
I always just found it peculiar that the police are always able to pin the crime on you 100 percent of the time. The fact that organized crime rings exist at all without being bombed to hell by the national guard is evidence enough that this is not strictly the case in reality.

Rezan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2009, 03:05:14 pm »

I suppose we could have items have a value which translates into combined weight and volume, and then have backpacks and or bags in the inventory count as a plus to how much you can carry and a negative to sneaking around, shooting and evading?

Possibly we could add holsters of various kinds to make it possible to carry more guns. I have a thing for holsters. They're bad-ass.
Pages: 1 2 [3]