So it's going to happen.
On May 9th, Bay 12 fans from around the world are going to converge on the Pike Place Brewery in Seattle to join in an evening of good food and celebration. Toady One and Threetoe will be there and we will try to get a community fortress up and running, and I'll also bring a few card games that might be fun.
I have made reservations for 20 people. Last year, 12 people showed up, but the thread from January had nearly 20 confirmations and some people said they might bring guests. I can amend my reservations so that more people can come, but I need to know a hard number of people who are coming before I can see if I have to do that.
So please, if you want to come to the meetup please reply to this thread. Even if you already replied to the first thread.
Even better would be to say something likeI'm in.
so that I can easily count who's coming. Please also say if you want to bring guests.How to get to the Pike Place Brewery, plus parking tips
It's on the northwest corner of the intersection of 1st Ave and Union St. in Downtown Seattle. There is parking under the Alaskan Way Viaduct and in numerous pay lots, but the best parking is a a hidden lot at Alaskan Way and Pine whence you can take a stair up to the restaurant. I will arrange to pick people up at the train or bus stations if that is needed.Stuff to discuss in this thread
Edit: The reservations are for 6:00 PM.
- People who need help with transportation should speak up so we can figure that out.
- Someone should probably bring a laptop so that we can get a meetup community fortress going. We should figure out who will do that.
- I've heard some interest in broadcasting the meetup live over the net, either in podcast or video form, but I've got no idea how to do that. Maybe we should just keep a terminal open to IRC so that we can talk with people who aren't there?
- I'd like to also plan an event during the day for people who want to come early. Ideas thrown out so far include a visit to the Woodland Park Zoo, or perhaps to the Science Center. There are a few fun hikes we could go on in the region as well, so if you're feeling outdoorsy you should speak up!
- Once again, if you want to come please post in this thread.
Thanks everybody, I'm looking forward to meeting you guys.