Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: DF Meetup 2009: Seattle, May 9th (rsvp in thread!)  (Read 47147 times)

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
Re: DF Meetup 2009: Seattle, May 9th (rsvp in thread!)
« Reply #75 on: March 26, 2009, 07:36:26 pm »

How about this; round the price down and I'll throw in $20 to cover the difference.

I was thinking of the same solution. Haha

dibujante

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 26, 2009, 11:45:26 pm »

if your meal costs $14.17 after tax and tip, I'll collect 15 bucks from you.
This isn't good. If someone has taken the effort to calculate up exactly how much they owe after tax and tip, you should NOT demand more than they owe. If they want to donate to Toady One, then they should. That is the whole principle behind the donation method of support. You don't force it. It is all given freely. This shouldn't change because we are having a fan meetup. The prices there are already very pricy for where I am from. Some people may be coming from places with even lower cost of living. If people need to worry about their cash that much, indulge them. if you are incapable of doing this, I will be perfectly willing to take the duty from you.
Likewise people, if you plan on giving exact change, be DARN sure you know exactly how much the tax rate is, and how much the Gratuity is (18%. Forced.) before you give exact change. If someone can find out the tax rate we are charged there, and if they take the gratuity out before or after taxes, it should ensure everyone has enough cash on hand to pay for what they want.
83 cents, eh? I'm willing to lose 0.00148214286% of my yearly income to TurnpikeLad and Toady One in exchange for setting this up.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 27, 2009, 12:02:07 am »

WOW!!! I am SOO glad I am not comming...

Checking that menu it is a nightmare! (I dislike Seafood and don't drink)

Though I think my father would love it.

TurnpikeLad

• Bay Watcher
  • maybe this time
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 27, 2009, 12:13:53 am »

What?  There's burgers, nachos, sandwiches, pretty much any regular Americana stuff you want.  Just because there's lots of fish on the menu doesn't mean you have to order any of it.
Adon * Amil * Orethan

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 27, 2009, 12:57:17 am »

I missed that checking the Entres when what I SHOULD have checked was oddly enough Sandwitches.

So my fault.

As for Nachos they are always "Iffy" in the sense that every restaurant makes them differently. They are a risk at best and will more then often disapoint as the proportions or ingrediants will be wrong. (and rarely the Nachos themselves).

Wow... A LOT of fish...

Ohh well that is an end to my comments for a while.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 01:14:49 am by Neonivek »

Sir Finkus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 27, 2009, 05:51:36 am »

We could just get a bunch of pizzas.  It looks like it'd be cheaper for everyone, and it seems like it'd be easier to divide up the cost.

dibujante

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 27, 2009, 04:32:49 pm »

We could just get a bunch of pizzas.  It looks like it'd be cheaper for everyone, and it seems like it'd be easier to divide up the cost.
If you do order pizzas, count me out (lactose intolerant) - I'll find food elsewhere in Seattle.

edit: for occasions like these or people just not wanting to do the dinner part we should also have a rendez-vous point for after the dinner so we can move on to phase C of the bay12games meetup

TurnpikeLad

• Bay Watcher
  • maybe this time
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 27, 2009, 05:03:59 pm »

The beauty of ordering from the menu is that everyone can get exactly what they want.  People who want pizzas can team up with a couple others and get pizzas; people who can't eat dairy can give that specific order to the staff; people who hate fish can get something else.  Please, people, let's be a bit less worked up over this.

Dibujante, right now the plan is to monopolize our little corner of the restaurant, where we can converse and play games into the evening.  We'll try to set up a table with Settlers of Catan, a table with Munchkin, heck, a table with Monopoly if there's enough interest.  There will also be at least one laptop running a community fortress.  It's a nice place to hang out, even if you eat somewhere else and then come to join us later (although I hope you guys will eat with us!)  Last year the event ended around 11 PM.
Adon * Amil * Orethan

Alfador

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerous Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 27, 2009, 05:16:35 pm »

We'll try to set up a table with Settlers of Catan, a table with Munchkin, heck, a table with Monopoly if there's enough interest.  There will also be at least one laptop running a community fortress.

VERY YES.
This is a fox skull helmet. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of fox bone and is encircled with bands of fox leather. This item is haunted by the ghost of Alfador Angrorung the fox.

dibujante

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 27, 2009, 08:24:22 pm »

The beauty of ordering from the menu is that everyone can get exactly what they want.  People who want pizzas can team up with a couple others and get pizzas; people who can't eat dairy can give that specific order to the staff; people who hate fish can get something else.  Please, people, let's be a bit less worked up over this.

Dibujante, right now the plan is to monopolize our little corner of the restaurant, where we can converse and play games into the evening.  We'll try to set up a table with Settlers of Catan, a table with Munchkin, heck, a table with Monopoly if there's enough interest.  There will also be at least one laptop running a community fortress.  It's a nice place to hang out, even if you eat somewhere else and then come to join us later (although I hope you guys will eat with us!)  Last year the event ended around 11 PM.
Nono, don't get me wrong, I think the place you picked out rocks. I was just saying that I might bow out for dinner and reappear at a later point if we, say, went to pizza hut or something where pizza was the only option.

Also as far as munchkin, settlers of catan or monopoly goes, yes.

Sir Finkus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 27, 2009, 08:26:40 pm »

Well I was talking about ordering pizza at the restaurant, not going to another one.  I'd be willing to go in on a pizza with someone, that meaty one looks good.

Calessa Lynn Orphiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 27, 2009, 08:31:20 pm »

Count me in

I'm currently unemployed, so in the extremely unlikely case that I get a job that interferes, I won't be able to make it.  But despite my financial situation, I'm quite certain I can come up with the money to eat, and gas is a non-issue.  Also, I'm up for day-time activities as long as they aren't too expensive and are planned in advance.

I'll be coming down from Marysville with plenty of car space if people want to hitch a ride.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 08:33:16 pm by Calessa Lynn Orphiel »

Zancor Mezoran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 27, 2009, 10:54:14 pm »

I'm in.  Maybe.

Might not be able to come, but I really intend on coming, because this sounds awesome.
Anyway, I figure that the dwarves are only marginally less wasteful of metal than they are of wood. The moody dwarf's selecting only the best 5% of each bar of metal, and eats the rest to sustain him as he works on the artifact.

Monkeyvich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 28, 2009, 05:37:36 pm »

I'm in!

i am local to seattle area.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 28, 2009, 08:40:51 pm »

I'm sure your intentions are good here, but you seem to be going out of your way to misunderstand.  TL is not trying to extort donations from people, he's making a commendable and proactive attempt to avoid the inevitable mistakes ...
seriously... 30 people. Sure, there will be massive mistakes. Mistakes of such a grandiose scale that it cannot be fathomed.
No, I actually don't believe that. I am certain that I could easily deal with the math required on a simple napkin and eat my meal at the same time. I wasn't aware that my math skills were so superior that this is a unique skill. I am not misunderstanding, I am simply saying that nobody should have to round out their dollars. And no matter how much you may support Toady One (I fully agree with the sentiment) there is no reason to force it on others. There should be the OPTION, but not be required. If TurnpikeLad is afraid of the potential rounding errors that might occur, I'll happily take over the risk. As for the fear someone will miss their meal, I'm sorry, but I don't have that kind of faith in Pike Brewing's kitchen to believe that they will have the meal out to us fast enough that those who want to do exact change will need to be concerned with.

Tell ya what though, I'll have this nice excel spreadsheet on my laptop that has a formula pre-set, that allows for instant conversion of price of meals to price owed. It's not even hard. Just multiply the Menu price by 1.298 and you have the final price. Will that make everyone feel better about allowing exact change? If Gratuity is taken out of menu price and not taxed, it is Menu*1.28.

There is no reason not to deal with exact change if people are so inclined. I doubt many people will be, but there is no reason not to allow it. Like I said earlier, if this is a problem with you, I will happily take the "cashier" part over from you. It isn't that difficult.
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8