Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: DF Meetup 2009: Seattle, May 9th (rsvp in thread!)  (Read 47141 times)

TurnpikeLad

• Bay Watcher
  • maybe this time
    • View Profile
DF Meetup 2009: Seattle, May 9th (rsvp in thread!)
« on: March 09, 2009, 03:07:47 pm »

So it's going to happen.

On May 9th, Bay 12 fans from around the world are going to converge on the Pike Place Brewery in Seattle to join in an evening of good food and celebration.  Toady One and Threetoe will be there and we will try to get a community fortress up and running, and I'll also bring a few card games that might be fun.

I have made reservations for 20 people.  Last year, 12 people showed up, but the thread from January had nearly 20 confirmations and some people said they might bring guests.  I can amend my reservations so that more people can come, but I need to know a hard number of people who are coming before I can see if I have to do that.

So please, if you want to come to the meetup please reply to this thread.  Even if you already replied to the first thread.  Even better would be to say something like

I'm in.

Code: [Select]
[b][color=lime]I'm in.[/color][/b]
so that I can easily count who's coming.  Please also say if you want to bring guests.

How to get to the Pike Place Brewery, plus parking tips
It's on the northwest corner of the intersection of 1st Ave and Union St. in Downtown Seattle.  There is parking under the Alaskan Way Viaduct and in numerous pay lots, but the best parking is a a hidden lot at Alaskan Way and Pine whence you can take a stair up to the restaurant.  I will arrange to pick people up at the train or bus stations if that is needed.

Stuff to discuss in this thread
  • People who need help with transportation should speak up so we can figure that out.
  • Someone should probably bring a laptop so that we can get a meetup community fortress going.  We should figure out who will do that.
  • I've heard some interest in broadcasting the meetup live over the net, either in podcast or video form, but I've got no idea how to do that.  Maybe we should just keep a terminal open to IRC so that we can talk with people who aren't there?
  • I'd like to also plan an event during the day for people who want to come early. Ideas thrown out so far include a visit to the Woodland Park Zoo, or perhaps to the Science Center.  There are a few fun hikes we could go on in the region as well, so if you're feeling outdoorsy you should speak up!
  • Once again, if you want to come please post in this thread.

Edit: The reservations are for 6:00 PM.

Thanks everybody, I'm looking forward to meeting you guys.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 03:53:47 pm by TurnpikeLad »
Adon * Amil * Orethan

Alfador

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerous Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: DF Meetup 2009: Seattle, May 9th (rsvp in thread!)
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 03:39:26 pm »

I'm in.
This is a fox skull helmet. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of fox bone and is encircled with bands of fox leather. This item is haunted by the ghost of Alfador Angrorung the fox.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2009, 03:41:18 pm »

We -who cannot be there- would like to see some pictures about the event at least, so don't forget to bring a digital cam or something.  :D

Riemann

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009, 03:46:36 pm »

I'm in.

TurnpikeLad

• Bay Watcher
  • maybe this time
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2009, 03:56:13 pm »

We -who cannot be there- would like to see some pictures about the event at least, so don't forget to bring a digital cam or something.  :D

We'll be sure to take pictures.  Last year's photos are here:  www.bay12games.com/meetup

We'll also try to do some kind of live thing while the meetup is going, whether it be merely chatting on IRC or having some kind of broadcast.  Again, anybody who knows how to do that should come forward so we can make plans!
Adon * Amil * Orethan

Sir Finkus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2009, 06:57:01 pm »

I'm in.

If there is anyone in the olympia area that needs a ride I have 3 (maybe 4 if you're skinny) seats.  All I ask is that everyone in the car chips in for parking if it is necessary.  I could also bring my eee, which runs the 40d9 client decently and could probably last around 4 hours playing df.

:edit: it also has a webcam and microphone if we are planning on doing any streaming.
:edit2: while I have the webcam and microphone, I don't know what the best way to set up a web stream would be.  I'm running crucheee on the computer
« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 10:43:08 pm by Sir Finkus »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2009, 07:53:07 pm »

*Looks shifty*

Pst. don't forget to assault Toady with development questions and then post the result there of later. (Hopefully I am joking)

Kardos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2009, 09:37:15 pm »

You'll be near the water.  Put him in head first and keep doing it until he answers your questions.  It's what the Dwarves would do... to an elf... if there were carp handy...

OH GOD I HAVE SINNED!!!

Chandrasekhar

• Bay Watcher
  • [DIES_WHEN_KILLED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2009, 10:17:54 pm »

I'm in, possibly with a second player who doesn't frequent the forum.

Tahin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2009, 11:07:53 pm »

If PTTG is in, I'm in.

I'm not sure I'd risk facing all you crazy folk alone...

Fourth Triad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2009, 07:00:37 am »

I'm in.

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2009, 11:19:34 am »

I'm in, possibly with a second person who doesn't frequent the game.

...(I lost The Game)

Come on, Tahin. We aren't THAT crazy. Not all of us, at least.

EDIT:
Actually, Tahin, you and I live about a similar distance from Williams.  Although in two different directions.  If your profile is accurate, that is.

One time, I was trying to get to Citrus Heights, and somehow I missed the turn in Yuba City and I ended up driving all the way to highway 49 before finally turning South.  Whoops.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 11:23:33 am by Tylui »

MadKap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2009, 01:16:58 am »

I'm in.

madpraxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2009, 04:38:38 am »

I hate to say I'm in..
Since I had yet ANOTHER tooth decide life sucked and emulate an exploding barrel of booze I'm rather (even more then normal) cash poor. I should be able to raise enough cash to pay off the bloodthirsty medical profesion and have enough to make it up to seattle.

So I'll say I'm in. And anybody near me can hitch a ride if they donate a small fee to the 'Oh my god I hate the economy and have no steady work' fund (Like..seriously small, more then 10$ would make me feel bad). So, here's your chance you non-drinking age DF monkeys around me and on the way to seattle, GET YER RIDE NOW. I'm rather delirous from the pain and drugs so I'm going to sleep now...

Sir Finkus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2009, 04:58:53 am »

I hate to say I'm in..
Since I had yet ANOTHER tooth decide life sucked and emulate an exploding barrel of booze I'm rather (even more then normal) cash poor. I should be able to raise enough cash to pay off the bloodthirsty medical profesion and have enough to make it up to seattle.

So I'll say I'm in. And anybody near me can hitch a ride if they donate a small fee to the 'Oh my god I hate the economy and have no steady work' fund (Like..seriously small, more then 10$ would make me feel bad). So, here's your chance you non-drinking age DF monkeys around me and on the way to seattle, GET YER RIDE NOW. I'm rather delirous from the pain and drugs so I'm going to sleep now...
It'd help if you mentioned where you were heading out from.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8