Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: DF Meetup 2009: Seattle, May 9th (rsvp in thread!)  (Read 47145 times)

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
Re: DF Meetup 2009: Seattle, May 9th (rsvp in thread!)
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2009, 05:09:58 am »

I hate to say I'm in..
Since I had yet ANOTHER tooth decide life sucked and emulate an exploding barrel of booze I'm rather (even more then normal) cash poor. I should be able to raise enough cash to pay off the bloodthirsty medical profesion and have enough to make it up to seattle.

So I'll say I'm in. And anybody near me can hitch a ride if they donate a small fee to the 'Oh my god I hate the economy and have no steady work' fund (Like..seriously small, more then 10$ would make me feel bad). So, here's your chance you non-drinking age DF monkeys around me and on the way to seattle, GET YER RIDE NOW. I'm rather delirous from the pain and drugs so I'm going to sleep now...
It'd help if you mentioned where you were heading out from.
And also didn't sound quite so creepy.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

habnabit

• Bay Watcher
  • lift your skinny fists
    • View Profile
    • habnabit dot org
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2009, 05:29:26 am »

I'm in.

If there is anyone in the olympia area that needs a ride I have 3 (maybe 4 if you're skinny) seats.  All I ask is that everyone in the car chips in for parking if it is necessary.  I could also bring my eee, which runs the 40d9 client decently and could probably last around 4 hours playing df.

I'm possibly interested in this. Usually I take the bus up to Seattle, but driving directly might be a nice change.

Decanter

• Bay Watcher
  • Goliath online.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2009, 06:11:24 am »

I'm in.

I would like to come. From Silverdale to Bainbridge island ferry most likely. Also I could make the earlier stuff.

Groveller

• Bay Watcher
  • Giant Wingéd Giant Caveswallowmanman
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2009, 07:49:41 am »

...hitch a ride...delirous from the pain and drugs...

That's a very tempting sales pitch. I've heard Perth described as the new Seattle - any chance you'll be passing through West Australia on your way? No? Aww...

Heh. We need a big donation drive for a Bay 12 Games World Tour. After next release, obviously. I wants me dwarves.
The raccoon's still there, though.  Just chilling out.  Being a raccoon in some rocks.

Grov: Grovness is a Grov (A Grov Grov)

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2009, 07:55:59 am »

I won't be showing up, being Norwegian and all.

You know, Toady, "RSVP" means "reply regardless of whether you will be attending or not". :P

(By the way, is there any chance you'll be getting around to a 40d10 before easter? It would be nice to have the graphics update settled before the next release is out.)
C++ makes baby Cthulhu weep. Why settle for the lesser horror?

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2009, 09:39:57 am »

Arg, two months sooner (*cough*next week*cough*) and I'd be in Seattle to make it!

Dadamh

• Bay Watcher
  • !!world!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2009, 09:56:09 am »

Why do you people all have to meet up out in freaking moonland?

Haha, North Carolina here.  Wish I could show up, but I got laid off a couple weeks ago and don't have the money for cross-country trips.

Have fun.

tigrex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2009, 12:37:33 pm »

Go figure: one of the very few social events I want to attend this year, and I'm on the wrong bloody continent.

Have fun in my stead, then, and take lots of pictures as evidence.

;D

TurnpikeLad

• Bay Watcher
  • maybe this time
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2009, 12:56:54 pm »

"RSVP" means "reply regardless of whether you will be attending or not". :P

Those who don't want to or can't come are welcome to post in this thread as well!  Especially if you have some cool idea or other.

So far we have 15 confirmations, plus one more if madpraxis can make it.  Where are you coming from, mp?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 01:00:03 pm by TurnpikeLad »
Adon * Amil * Orethan

Koji

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2009, 01:19:20 pm »

I'm in.

I live in capitol hill so the brewery is like a twenty minute walk. I might be bringing one guest.
Dwarvenrealms
ASCII | Graphical
Over 220 new creatures, new civs, new industries, and a fully customized tileset!

Sir Finkus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2009, 01:54:14 pm »

I'm in.

If there is anyone in the olympia area that needs a ride I have 3 (maybe 4 if you're skinny) seats.  All I ask is that everyone in the car chips in for parking if it is necessary.  I could also bring my eee, which runs the 40d9 client decently and could probably last around 4 hours playing df.

I'm possibly interested in this. Usually I take the bus up to Seattle, but driving directly might be a nice change.

PM me as the date gets closer and we'll arrange the specifics.  Also, the eee probably isn't the best computer for a community game if someone has a one with a better cpu.  I also can't seem to get the webcam to work (running cruncheee), but I'm sure some of you df-playing neckbeards could help me out with that if I am unable to figure it out.  ;)

Angellus

« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2009, 02:09:55 pm »

I'm in.

PM me as the date gets closer and we'll arrange the specifics.  Also, the eee probably isn't the best computer for a community game if someone has a one with a better cpu.  I also can't seem to get the webcam to work (running cruncheee), but I'm sure some of you df-playing neckbeards could help me out with that if I am unable to figure it out.  ;)
It would be great if you could get a webcam and a (sensitive) microphone for that meeting ^^ I'd love too see the answers come from toady first-hand (or from the carp =D)

Anyway, without the kidding I am certain there is a program (vlc-media player???) which can stream everything up as it is shooting :)
With (a second laptop? Too increase safety ;)) a chat-service (#bay12games) next to it, you can also talk to and with us ^^

Sir Finkus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2009, 02:12:14 pm »

I'm in.

It would be great if you could get a webcam and a (sensitive) microphone for that meeting ^^ I'd love too see the answers come from toady first-hand (or from the carp =D)

Anyway, without the kidding I am certain there is a program (vlc-media player???) which can stream everything up as it is shooting :)
With (a second laptop? Too increase safety ;)) a chat-service (#bay12games) next to it, you can also talk to and with us ^^

Well I've tested it out with a video streaming site, and only the first frame ends up being captured, then black screen.  I'm working on it right now.

Mozleron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2009, 02:15:57 pm »

i'm in

I'm more of a lurker on the forums, and have been busy with work and 'other games' recently, but i do watch the RSS feed and am eagerly awaiting the next version as i think it will be very cool.    :D

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2009, 04:51:13 pm »

(By the way, is there any chance you'll be getting around to a 40d10 before easter? It would be nice to have the graphics update settled before the next release is out.)

There were a ton of changes in d10 and the keyboard input delays don't work, which was sort of a momentum killer.  I haven't found time to take another break for it since everything else has fallen behind as well.  I might be able to make time before the month-end break if I'm not feeling pressed.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8