Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: DF Meetup 2009: Seattle, May 9th (rsvp in thread!)  (Read 47142 times)

heathkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF Meetup 2009: Seattle, May 9th (rsvp in thread!)
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2009, 07:12:34 pm »

This is awesome, I'll definitely be there.  I'm in beacon hill, so anyone in Seattle, hit me up if you need a ride.

I'm in.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2009, 08:06:49 pm »

I'm in.
+ a 1 year old son.
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

JohnDagger

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2009, 09:18:17 pm »

I would love to join you there. comming from Mount Vernon, Washington if anyone needs a ride from up here

TurnpikeLad

• Bay Watcher
  • maybe this time
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2009, 09:57:18 pm »

Due to the large number of confirmations, I've upgraded our reservations to 30 people.
Adon * Amil * Orethan

Gauphastus

• Bay Watcher
  • y hello der
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2009, 12:06:25 am »

Baw, I just live in Abbotsford BC. It'd take me two hours drive to get there, no problem.
Can't though because my work season starts up right away in May. That and a bunch of other excuses.

Set up a webcam or something and host it on mogulus. :P

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2009, 12:47:56 am »

Why do you people all have to meet up out in freaking moonland?

Haha, North Carolina here.  Wish I could show up, but I got laid off a couple weeks ago and don't have the money for cross-country trips.

Have fun.

NC here too.  This is like the one Internet Real Life Meetup that I'd attend, but no way can I rationalize crossing the country for it.

Entorwellian

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2009, 03:24:43 am »

I read about this on the Somethingawful thread and definitely want to go to this but I live in Vancouver, B.C. Taking the Greyhound down to downtown Seattle isnt' too bad but getting back on the same day might be problematic. Are there any Seattle folk willing to be generous enough to let me stay at their place for a night?
Also, I'm good friends with Rainwave's "V-Wave" radio host Salty, who was down in Seattle during PAX 2008 and he said that he expressed great interest in broadcasting the meet-up live. If Toady is interested, Salty can arrange a timeslot for a full-out show dedicated to it, as he has been greatly entertained by DF since the Boatmurdered era. However, if Toady objects to media interference and wishes it to be a private activity then I respect that.

dibujante

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2009, 12:53:46 pm »

I'm in.

My girlfriend too.

I wholeheartedly support a morning visit to the zoo. When/where would we meet for that? I have to drive down from Vancouver which takes 3 hours or so but I'll wake up early if I have to. <3 zoos

kein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Dwarf Fortress Wiki page
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2009, 02:28:02 pm »

I'm probably in. Coming from Bothell, Wa

magikarcher

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2009, 08:43:34 pm »

Don't add a seat for me, if I do show up I can just levitate or something.

MoonCabbage

• Bay Watcher
  • Robot Rock, Robot
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2009, 01:48:40 am »

i'm down. Federal Way, WA

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2009, 05:32:29 am »

Also, I'm good friends with Rainwave's "V-Wave" radio host Salty, who was down in Seattle during PAX 2008 and he said that he expressed great interest in broadcasting the meet-up live. If Toady is interested, Salty can arrange a timeslot for a full-out show dedicated to it, as he has been greatly entertained by DF since the Boatmurdered era. However, if Toady objects to media interference and wishes it to be a private activity then I respect that.

Zach and I don't mind personally, but some of the other people might be bothered by it, though there's been talk of a web-cast thingy from the beginning, so I'm really not sure.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats? Check. FPS? Uh-oh...
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2009, 09:22:20 am »

I think a web-cast might be a better idea, since not everyone will necessarily be able to tune in to the radio station, though I suppose you could do both.
If software was real world, then it'd be something equivalent of hitting a nail with a hammer and having a building collapse on the other side of town.

Don't worry people, sometimes -moments occur

Xenxe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2009, 09:15:23 pm »

holy shit Seattle O_O i live in Tacoma :D but im only 15 :/

oh and i have 3 posts....

madpraxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2009, 11:42:12 pm »

Oh..ha.pain and drugs! WOOT....no, I have a split tooth in the back of my mouth which got infected..I'm much better now due to the miracle of modern (HA) medicine, yay for penicillin!

Portland area is where I am coming from..I'm out about 20~ miles east of portland on the washington side. And uh..ya..stuff...anyone that wants or needs a lift is welcome to come along...I do smoke, so if there are non-smokers in my vehicle it just means a couple of stops at rest areas on the way up north so I can step outside to have a fag without hitting the road a 60~mph.
And wasn't there a few posts from late teen types in the PDX metro area that wanted to go? I'd give em a lift up there, and even take them back to where they came from after we are all done...I'm a parent, almost 30..so that mkes me a responsible adult! WEEE!
*edit* Holy snap..5 day response time from someone asking where I was coming from....wow..ya...I've been in my own little autopilot world for almost a week now...BUT I'M BETTER NAO*
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 11:53:06 pm by madpraxis »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8