Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: The Association of Liberal Crime Squads  (Read 10202 times)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: The Association of Liberal Crime Squads
« Reply #60 on: February 08, 2009, 02:08:21 am »

We kinda haven't done this in a while is the thing.

I think the whole vanguard/popular division was actually a rather conservative notion that is partly to blame.  It was meant to unify the various games by forcing people to coordinate.  But it didn't result in too much coordination.  Instead it just became an annoying handicap.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

kotor39

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 08, 2009, 09:01:42 am »

cool

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 08, 2009, 12:15:07 pm »

Did I just hear a notion to remove the vanguard/popular division?

Actually, we just haven't had much attention.  Perhaps we need wackier rules?

Examples:
-Every member must end all posts made on Feb. 14th with, "Love, the ALCS"
-Every squad needs a hooker, in celebration of Feb. 14th.  Said hooker can be sacrificed for the cause as early as Feb. 15th.
-Refer to all other forumgoers as "Comrade"
-Wear green to work/school, show pride in your Liberal Allegiance!
-Mail $100 to EuchreJack!!!!

Just some ideas to get everyone's Heart pumping.  Juice it up!

kotor39

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 08, 2009, 12:50:24 pm »

Why don'y we start a new game, and send saves to eachother by email.
We each would start out in a different city and constantly update our community with liberal influence.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 08, 2009, 08:25:52 pm »

((necroposted!))

We hid out that night in an abandoned factory in the old industrial district.  In any city in the coutnry you can find places like that.  The corporations just pulled out and left poverty behind.  No one cared, which made it a perfect place to be off the grid...
We were bunked down right next to each other for company in the vast emptyness of a bare room.  I'd been trying to go to sleep for a while, but ended up just pouring over our plan for the next day in my head.  Bonita's brother didn't seem to be involved in any of this.  But her boss on the other hand.  Her boss struck me as the type to had secrets.  I remebered all those haughty fashion designers in the coffee shop.  After hearing the pressures Bonita was under at work, I was convinced that was the origin of this.  And after some persuasion, Bonita was willing to help me get into her place of work.
But that just left the matter of how.  And that question I'd been pondering from hours when I suddenly felt Bonita's hand upon me.
"Kim..." she said at little more then a whisper, I gave a soft grunt in reply and she spoke a little less quietly.  "I just wanted to thank you.  I feel scared being in all this.  But you came and..."
There was a silence.  Then Bonita rolled closer to me.  "Thank you, Kim..."
"Uh, um, Bonita, I, uh!" I suddenly broke out in stammering as I felt Bonita's body press up against mine.  "I'm not trying to... you know.  But, I'm seeing someone and uh... she'd kill me if I were to... oh geez.  Did it get hot in here?  Or is it just you?  Uh, I mean, your body heat.  Body heat!"
"Jesus..." I looked at Bonita and saw she seemed disgusted.  "Oh, jesus Kim.  What was I..."
-------------------------
The night passed awkwardly.  After a while, I came up with a plan, and felt like a bastard for it.
Gender... such a conservative concept.
But, for the cause, it's one I'm willing to fake.
Really, it wasn't changing anything about me.  Get a haircut, different clothes and lower my voice a little and suddenly the conservatives give me a different silly little label.  Such a silly idea, but one we could use.
Bonita gripped my hand tightly as the security guard contemplated whether her new boyfriend should be allowed enterance.  The grip was almost possessive.  I felt like a real bastard for coming up with this disguise.  But I might as well sell it.  I dismissively ignored the security guards concern, putting an affectionate arm around my supposed lover and leaning close to whisper something... which never got said as Bonita siezed the opportunity for a kiss.  Just an affectionate peck, really.  But Jesus... we were ten seconds in the door and already, we'd crossed the line we'd agreed not to case.  Lisa was going to kill me...
Well, at least everything else went smoothly.  Five minutes later, we were in Bonita's office and I'd installed the security backdoor Simson needed to get into the boss's files.  By the time we walked out the door, Simpson had everything.  We didn't have any proof yet.  But we got the media interested.  And one hell of an interesting investigation followed.
Child's Plea!
I looked at the headline with smug satisfaction.  The bastards had thought they were untouchable.  It was past time they learned the error of thier ways.  Bonita though... Bonita was still troubled.  No one would be hunting her anymore.  But she didn't seem happy.  She seemed...
---------------------------
I was walking Bonita back to her appartment.  It was a bittersweet walk, he was planning to leave town, leave the country entirely.  She might not be hunted anymore, but she was losing a lot.
"Bonita, I owe you an appology.  About before.  I..." the words trailed off, as I couldn't find honest words.  In the silence of my hesitation, she spoke.
"Kim, back before.  I shouldn't have put you in a situation like that.  You can-" Bonita's words stopped abruptly as I turned to her, holding her hand.  Silently, we looked at each other for a moment, both hesitating before speaking.  Bonita... I had come into her life and asked so much of her.  Lisa...  Lisa would forgive me.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 08, 2009, 09:11:18 pm »

Feb 23:
Went to investigate reports of cute bunnies being used by cosmetics companies.  I was confronted by an eminent scientist.  As a proponent of the liberal concept of liberalism, I thought the scientist would help once I highlighted my concerns.  But turns out the scientist was EVIL!
Fed 24-25: raiding conservative corporate compounds to publicsize the cause.  Sharon and Lisa joined in.  Is it just me or is this become liberal amazon squad?
Feb 27: harrassed conservatives at the latte stand for fun today.  I particularly enjoyed watching a conservative journalist attempt to support censorship
March 1: damn it, congress just made late term abortions illegal.  knew I should have gotten a late term abortion while I had the chance.  Plus flag burning was made a misdemenor, we burnt a flag in protest.  We're gonna put together a band to make some protest music too.
March 4: Went out to collect some taxes with the new musicians and some others.  Doug was an idiot and got into a debate with a hangin' judge.  Ugh... Lisa got herself shot.  In the left arm...
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 09, 2009, 11:02:47 pm »

Excuse me, I need to kick the Conservatives out of the Bomb Shelter, as the resurrection of this post is obviously one of the signs of the upcoming Apocalypse.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 10, 2009, 01:22:39 am »

Not really a resurrection, I just wanted to wrap up the hanging plotline.  Of course, I'm not opposed to a resurrection.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]