Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Half mad modder has a question...  (Read 507 times)

Yaaga

• Bay Watcher
  • "Mou... Yui-Senpai... Stop teasing me!"
    • View Profile
Half mad modder has a question...
« on: March 10, 2009, 03:40:05 pm »

I'm attempting to make a super adventurer (Ok, modding dragons to be an adventurer race) and I can't seem to use dragonfire myself. I've tried po'ing the guards in the city my guy starts in a few times and THEY have no problem trying to cook me. Is there some key that would let me use this? Or can that just not work for a player in adventure mode? I've also fought plenty of fights, and he won't randomly use it of that I'm certain. Can anyone help me?
Minister of Luck - I directly affect everything in an indirect way that may or may not amount to anything! Yay me!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: Half mad modder has a question...
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 05:01:09 pm »

Fraid you can't use any special abilities in adventure mode like firebreath or webbing currently.  I heard a rumor that that fistfighting caused you to randomly use it, but I think they may have been off their rocker/wishful thinking/playing too much Persona 2.

As far as I know the only things that work properly in adventure mode is flight, poison "bites", water breathing, and temperature resistances and the like. 

Flight only works semi-properly, If a cell has nothing in a particular z-level it isn't in memory.  So you can't fly around in plains most of the time, but you can in mountains and cities and stuff.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!