Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Triangle Wizard  (Read 16975 times)

Koja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Triangle Wizard
« on: March 10, 2009, 04:02:08 pm »

Real time roguelike with WASD+Mouse and tons of strategy. Kinda nifty.

http://trianglewizard.webs.com/whatistrianglewizard.htm
~~<BR>"Zombie fish have the added benefit of not needing to breath. Thus they can wade out of the water with little to fear but bigger zombie fish" -Willfor

FoboslC

Re: Triangle Wizard
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 05:18:00 pm »

This is awesome and full of win.

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 09:17:10 pm »

Triangle Wizard, Triangle Wizard
Triangle Wizard hates Particle Wizard
They have a fight, Triangle wins
Triangle Wizard
!!&!!

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2009, 09:25:24 pm »

Runs so slow on my comp...

Looks like fun though.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2009, 11:10:05 pm »

This looks amazing.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2009, 01:25:12 am »

Triangle Wizard, Triangle Wizard
Triangle Wizard hates Particle Wizard
They have a fight, Triangle wins
Triangle Wizard
HAH

Even old New York
was once New Amsterdam

Why they changed it, I can't say,
people just liked it better that way!

Koja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2009, 02:36:17 pm »

This is awesome and full of win.

Yes. Very addictive. It would probably suck up ridiculous processing if the AI was better... a basebuilding mod might be interesting.

Pro:
The gameplay is distinctly different for each class.
Con:
The gameplay is distinctly different for each class.

Picking a random class can deviate you too far from your playstyle... I know for a fact I can't play berserker or summoner for crap. The same with races... Some are just suicide(Frostling, Lich/Vamp without some form of Turn Undead protection).
~~<BR>"Zombie fish have the added benefit of not needing to breath. Thus they can wade out of the water with little to fear but bigger zombie fish" -Willfor

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2009, 07:31:25 pm »

Some abilities are oddly powerful... Marshal for example has what seems like the most powerful summon in the game (in fact the summons get summons). The spell is Call Hero

UNFORTUNATELY those Heros can downright kill you in several ways. Either by sealing your exit from the dungeon or plunging you into water.

it has other flaws I don't care to comment on. (For example... Spell levels could be more significant)

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2009, 07:41:31 pm »

Fun. Found a pretty cool shrine, and it copied me! My other self would shoot off spells!

Captain Hat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2009, 06:21:11 pm »

Gah, has anyone managed to get past Umbar the Swift yet? Every time I power up and have all the healing potions, summons, and attack spells I need. He hastes himself, owns my summons, then jumps over my spells and kills me in two hits.

Also, spells only go as far as the edge of your screen, thus you can send a salvo of fireballs down a hall, and they'll fly down to the edge of the screen, and won't move until you do, and they'll blow apart a wall when the edge of your screen reaches one. Rather nice for creating Armageddon rooms easy, but its a bit of an exploit.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2009, 06:48:12 pm »

Did you try disabling his power ups?

Koja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2009, 07:00:41 pm »

Gah, has anyone managed to get past Umbar the Swift yet?

Yep. 10,000 points so far, druid using Level 4 Vaporize and Level 1 Malediction. ***

For Umbar:
Entangle/slow cause him to be... not so swift. Haste can also be dispelled.

You can also be sneakier and bash him into the water. He'll begin drowning, until he has enough stamina to jump out. Or, cast liquid form/fly and hide in the water as you nuke him. Most bosses have a couple "tricks" that make them simpler.

Summons should be fine on him. If you're having trouble levelling them up, just avoid regen and use Empowered summons on him. Air/Water elementals at any level are a pretty much a guaranteed win. Physical immunity will do that.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2009, 07:40:51 pm »

I just attacked him with boars.

Also slowed him, then spammed stoning.

UGH! Just died. Lost my Black dragon protetor, who was cool.

getter77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2009, 01:52:04 pm »

Right folks, the game has had some rather substantial updates since March.  Give it another whirl and share stories and tales of befuddlement!

Read the last few update logs to get up to speed and refresh thy memory.

http://trianglewizard.webs.com/index.htm

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2009, 02:47:02 pm »

A rather enjoyable game. Wish movement and menu were consistent with selecting, and a list of spells you know would be great.

Edit: Just crushed that Umbar guy. Invisiblity combined with a pair of tempests. Pathetically easy and was extremely scared because my chain lightening spell just stop regenning the level before.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 03:06:30 pm by beorn080 »
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7