Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Triangle Wizard  (Read 16973 times)

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
Re: Triangle Wizard
« Reply #75 on: October 27, 2012, 08:30:10 pm »

Just had a quick go of an Efreet Fool of Zenithar. Wow. Shopping for absolute garbage items has never been so fun. I got my item level to about -60 or so, which gives you +3 spell levels across the board for your insanity bonus. The starting spells are great, bought regen on Colour Blast on first level, and then shopped for as much -item value that I could manage. Between that and charm it was great. A merry band of fools, crusaders and a support charming familiar running along, I think I got up to 8/3 summons eventually. That was by Old Passages 1, so the new class has some pretty insane early potential. I can imagine how it would go with a bigger budget with some "freak" Zenithar shopping.

Anyway, errrmmm, back to mod making and DCSS tournament running. Probably......... Bloody Wouter and his constant stream of new Triangle Wizard releases  :D
It's a game. Have fun.

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 27, 2012, 08:54:05 pm »

New Fool class. Negative item levels are now good. Cursed items work as bonuses for Fools.

That's a rather unique idea.  And a good one, it allows for an interesting game variation.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 15, 2013, 01:03:19 am »

A fair few releases have gone by since I chucked up an update of this thread. Triangle Wizard is now up to 15.07. So what have I missed?

A new class, the Fool. Negative item quality getting you down? Play a fool, turn that frown upside down. Now without bugs for quest items!

A new god? Maybe.

Lots of new monsters and quests.

Probably some other stuff.

Still the only real-time roguelike that uses all your finely honed WASD&mouse fps skills to conquer the game. Give it a go.

Patch R 15.07 Notes:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 01:06:23 am by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 09, 2013, 06:21:04 pm »

Version 16.01 has just come out. If you haven't tried it out, give it a whirl. If you have, then it's time to update. It's free and it's fun. Cro-magnons, paragons and werewolves, oh my!

Hello wizarding triangles!

After much waiting I found a few days to do some work on Triangle Wizard, so here is another update! Many new races in this new version, along with a new class. We can all thank Pierpaolo Bonetti for his many suggestions! In addition there are quite some bug fixes, and some small upgrades here and there.

Patch R 16.01 Notes:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It's a game. Have fun.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 18, 2017, 05:40:56 pm »

Necro!

Ok, turns out my problems accessing the site was just a mobile browser problem. But whatever, this is still an update from the last post.

http://trianglewizard.webs.com/downloads.htm

And here's a onedrive link for any having problems from the main site.
(from the dev himself, TW has a facebook page. Checks out virus free and works):

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=C2C1C94098D53FB1%21606

Version 17.01 is out. And has been for a year!

Seems to mostly be quality of life improvements and a bit of content. There's now the ability to carry as many items as you want, which helps some builds immensely.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 06:08:01 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

Coffeespoons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 19, 2017, 07:04:02 am »

I really like this game and had a lengthy correspondence with the author a couple of years ago.  It didn't seem to get the attention it deserved.  There's still plenty of scope for discussion as to the merits of various builds so I'd be delighted to hear from others as to their thoughts and strategy.

getter77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 19, 2017, 07:46:53 am »

Still a great game with ample potential indeed....need to rustle the dev again here in the new year to see what might be yet and roughly when~

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 19, 2017, 05:42:22 pm »

I really like this game and had a lengthy correspondence with the author a couple of years ago.  It didn't seem to get the attention it deserved.  There's still plenty of scope for discussion as to the merits of various builds so I'd be delighted to hear from others as to their thoughts and strategy.

I still find myself coming back to an Efreeti Energist of Ragnaros. It's just so damn powerful early on, makes even wimpy quick spells good, only really needs flight for its utility kit, and comes with a decent lightsource.

There's much more powerful and versatile builds, but this really turns early game into easy-mode.
It's a game. Have fun.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 07, 2018, 11:00:16 am »

It got an upate last month. Bugfixes, and a new deity.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 07, 2018, 12:09:07 pm »

Oh hey, I remember this from ages ago. Really neat game, awesome to see it's still getting updated and expanded upon.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 16, 2018, 12:08:15 am »

Well, that's a game I haven't heard of in quite a while! I'm surprised it's still getting updates, that's pretty awesome. I remember playing this like a decade ago!
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Coffeespoons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 16, 2018, 01:21:34 pm »

Yeah I played alot of this and had extensive correspondence with Wouter, the author, who's a pretty cool guy.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 16, 2018, 06:19:47 pm »

I wonder, has anyone here actually beaten the game? Either without permadeath, or ascended?
It is so darn hard, or I am playing it wrong.

Most success I've had over the years is with Troll Berserkers / Healers / Dauros Monks, but I'm quite sure this game is actually supposed to be more of a spellcasting thing than a melee bumping thing.

Sure, the first dozen or so levels are easy enough, up to the arena. But after that, it gets so hard.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 20, 2018, 09:51:01 am »

Yes, they have. But it wasn't me. I always take stupid god quests that I really don't need.

The developer, Wouter, is a really cool guy. I'm even in the credits of TW he's so cool, for this horribly unupdated regularly post,  that the good folks of Bay12 have picked up the slack on :)

So thanks all.
It's a game. Have fun.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 21, 2018, 05:36:30 pm »

Most success I've had over the years is with Troll Berserkers / Healers / Dauros Monks, but I'm quite sure this game is actually supposed to be more of a spellcasting thing than a melee bumping thing.
Certainly haven't won any, but I would say ever since the weapon junk came in melee's more of a thing, you just still don't want to be bumping anything :P

Gonna' have to see if I can figure out how to shoot faster, sooner or later. Try for a proper archer build, see how (un)viable it is. 'Till then bardiches and whatnot are pretty darn great even if you're primarily spell casting. Just wish I could remember to figure out how to slave the swing weapon key to the main spellcast one so you don't have to hold two buttons at a time to swing and cast simultaneously...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7