Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 41

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia game - Round 2 - Game over!  (Read 51528 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia game - Round 2 - Day 1
« Reply #150 on: March 24, 2009, 11:26:40 pm »

... *Whispers to webadict* "Is the law on our side, if I say ay?"
No.

However, I do point a FoS at inaluct.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 24, 2009, 11:36:40 pm »

"No, sir, I do not bite my thumb at you, sir, but I bite my thumb, sir."
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 24, 2009, 11:40:26 pm »

"Do you quarrel, sir?"

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 25, 2009, 03:02:55 am »

Dammit people this is not the time to quote Shakespeare.

Currently inaluct, pandarsenic, and webadict are all talking. They are probably not all doppelgangers. They are probably all townies, arguing with each other whilst the dopps hide in the shadows.

I am busy now, but soon! Sooooon!
I shall make my vote heard.
Pats the grenade launcher
Long Live United Forenia!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 25, 2009, 03:18:20 am »

... Pandarsenic glances at webadict, then at nuke, then turns back to inaluct. "Quarrel, sir! No sir."
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Masami Phonix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 25, 2009, 06:47:39 am »

Dammit people this is not the time to quote Shakespeare.

It's always the time to quote Shakespear.

And I'm beginning to agree with webaddict here.  The most likely culprits are the ones who are quiet.  Specifically, I'm looking at Beacon and Chaotic, as they are the ones who voted to not vote.  It gives them the appearance of innocence since they didn't vote for anybody, but at the same time it doesn't discourage an actual lynching. 

So I'd like to unvote Webadict and point my finger at Beacon for being suspiciously quiet and non-confrontational, yet not actually discouraging violence.

In other news, I apparently read too much TV Tropes, because my first thought on seeing the red text was "I must have linked it wrong"

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 25, 2009, 09:28:27 am »

... Pandarsenic glances at webadict, then at nuke, then turns back to inaluct. "Quarrel, sir! No sir."
"If you do, sir, I am for you: I serve as good a man as you."

"Now, I believe that Masami Phonix is right. Beacon80 is being highly suspicious and non-talkative. Also, I'd like to FoS Archangel. What have you been doing for the town?"

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 25, 2009, 10:07:42 am »

...Dibs on Tybalt.

Anyway

Quote from: beacon
A loud sigh draws the crowds attention.  The owner of the sigh is a middle-aged man, with eyes much older than the rest of him.
"I'll not be a part of this witch hunt.  I won't accuse good men without reason.  No vote."

For this you kill a man? Fair enough, he speaks little, but perhaps he is merely inactive? His refusal to vote is unfortunate, but come on, there are tons of people who haven't voted... yet.
I say that the accusation of beacon is unfounded. A FoS upon him, as that he should clarify his absence, but not death.
Masami is accuser prime. But he provides reasons (even if I think they are worth no more than a FoS). I do declare that webadict's vote upon someone who has made but one post to be one of extreme suspicion.

We should kill someone. But we should kill him who is suspicious, not him who is too inactive to provide even a defence.
I will PM (via meph) beacon asking him to post again. That is fair, yes?
Long Live United Forenia!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 25, 2009, 11:52:57 am »

I believe it to be fair that he posts again. I don't however, think I'm suspicious for voting for someone that isn't active. Are you saying inactive players are: helpful for the town; or are detrimental to the doppelgangers? Am I doing something suspicious by forcing him to explain his actions?

An FoS only gives them a warning. Big deal. WOW, a WAAAAARNING. Psh. It shows I'm suspicious of them, but not to the point of actually accusing them. If someone is going to post and vote without doing anything else, it's suspicious. You can't deny that. He can't help by standing back and watching.

How do I look suspicious by making others explain their actions? Um, yeah... Are we just going to all sit down and let the Doppelgangers kill us? I know! Let's have the Agent find everyone for us! Oh wait... that's going to be highly unlikely. Yeah, no. I want to make sure we have as much information as we can get, not that we just point fingers, get nothing done, and die.

Don't make me OMGUS on you, NUKE...

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 25, 2009, 12:03:04 pm »

Alright guys just relax.

Some people mentioned how not voting was suspicious. I see it as advantageous. If we kill people randomly, then we have the chance of randomly killing the vet, the doctor, or the agent, all of which pose a larger threat to the dopplegangers than random lynches.

Masami Phonix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 25, 2009, 12:33:36 pm »

Alright guys just relax.

Some people mentioned how not voting was suspicious. I see it as advantageous. If we kill people randomly, then we have the chance of randomly killing the vet, the doctor, or the agent, all of which pose a larger threat to the dopplegangers than random lynches.

Your argument makes sense, but I disagree.  The vet can only kill one doppleganger as I see it, since he'll get taken down in the fight.  The doctor helps keep us alive but doesn't stop the dopplegangers.  The agent is of course our most valuable asset, but he has the tricky position of needing to convince us who we should attack without seeming obvious.

Ultiamtely lynching is still our best weapon.  If we all say no vote or no lynch, than the dopplegangers kill off a bunch of us and we're no better off the next day as we've gained no information.  Sadly, innocent lives will almost definitely be taken, but by seeing who they react to, and which of us our killed this night, we will be able to more accurately guess the next day.

Beacon80

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 25, 2009, 01:37:03 pm »

The weary man looks up for the first time since he had spoke.  He had been listening to people eager to hand out death sentences for people he knew.
"You're a blood-thirsty lot, that's for certain.  A man
doesn't want to kill, and that makes you suspicious?  I reckon that's a good as sign as any.  I vote for Mr. Webaddict.  I'm mighty upset with Mr. Phonix, but I see Mr. Webaddict's behavior to be mighty suspicious.  He manages to fast-talk Mr. Phonix out of voting for him, then when my name comes up, he immediately jumps on.  He claims it's on account of I don't talk when I have nothing to say, but there's folks more quiet than I here."
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 01:44:41 pm by Beacon80 »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 25, 2009, 01:46:44 pm »

You have to watch out though. The Doppelgangers can use this information for their advantage as well.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 25, 2009, 02:04:01 pm »

"I still haven't been presented with a reason to change my vote against Webadict... his outspoken and bouncing accusations against those who propose logic and rationality, innumerable arguments which yet fail to prove his innocence, his back-peddling, and his obvious bloodthirst make him a likely candidate for a doppleganger... and should he not prove to be one, I... well, I dare say we would be better off without his bloodthirsty diatribe.

Though it would normally be preferable to wait for more definite evidence, we need to determine who is who somehow... and since an Agent giving their evidence now would only serve to betray them to the dopplegangers, we must take matters into our own hands. I urge you to follow your gut instincts now, since they are all we have to go on at present."
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 02:12:05 pm by Solifuge »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 25, 2009, 02:16:53 pm »

"Ok, I have just trawled through the records of what everyone has said, (who'd have thought that we had avoice recordings?) and I come to a similar conclusion as said earlier. Doppelgangers will eitherspeak alot and try to persuade everyone or speak little and slip under the radar so to speak.
So that would line up as:
Webadict,
Pandarsenic,
Inaluct,
Me,
Alexhans.
Of course I shall scratch my name of the list, and I believe that at least two of the three people talking alot are just townies and I reckon, because of hunches and argument, that Webadict and Pandarsenic are not dopps.
This leaves the list as so:
Webadict,
Pandarsenic,
Inaluct,
Me,
Alexhans.
So, those two are my FoS targets. Thank you all for listening."
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 41