Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 41

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia game - Round 2 - Game over!  (Read 51817 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia game - Round 2 - Day 2 - A bloody dawn
« Reply #360 on: March 30, 2009, 12:12:52 pm »

"Oh look, the sun is setting... Oh wait, no, it's high noon.... Wait... did the sun just move by itself?"

*several hours pass*

"Alright, now it's setting for real this time. What, no no no, it did it again! What's going on here!?"

Masami Phonix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: March 30, 2009, 01:12:42 pm »

Seriously, stop playing Legend of Zelda and look outside if you want to know if the sun is really setting.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: March 30, 2009, 01:45:31 pm »

If Karlito won't defend himself, I'll just leave my vote on him...
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: March 30, 2009, 01:49:10 pm »

I think Karlito has forgotten about the current crisis our village is in.

Beacon80

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: March 30, 2009, 01:52:03 pm »

"Oh look, the sun is setting... Oh wait, no, it's high noon.... Wait... did the sun just move by itself?"

*several hours pass*

"Alright, now it's setting for real this time. What, no no no, it did it again! What's going on here!?"
Must be summer solstice.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: March 30, 2009, 01:53:37 pm »

Should we PM Karlito and tell him to post?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: March 30, 2009, 01:55:34 pm »

I just gave him a friendly poke to remind him that this game is going on. Hopefully he'll decide to post in it today ( he was active elsewhere on the forums earlier today).
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #367 on: March 30, 2009, 05:12:57 pm »

Im moving to my real home and wont have connection for a couple of days... Ill keep connecting from a Cybercafe once a day but don't expect me to me to be the great Sherlock Holmes type of Investigator I'm always...  :P

And By the way... No one wished me happy birthday?   :( 
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: March 30, 2009, 05:16:26 pm »

Happy Birthday Alexhans! I hope you have an easy time moving.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: March 30, 2009, 05:30:01 pm »

Happy Birthday.

Did you get a cake?

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: March 30, 2009, 05:33:15 pm »

Happy birthday, Alexhans!
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #371 on: March 30, 2009, 05:36:22 pm »

Happy Birthday.

Did you get a cake?
Just in my profile...  :-\

Thanks Toady. Nice detail  ;)

NO... Im kidding... Tonight Im gonna have a party with a part of my family... And on wednesday night a party with my friends in a bar with board games and food (Paradise  ;D Pictionary and french fries, salami, cheese, coke... and at last... Banana Split!!!). 
I do it on wednesday 1 because April 2 is Malvinas day so everybody can stay up late.  The holiday is to remember an Idiotic dictator who sent young people to die in an impossible war to save his position in the goverment....
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 05:39:53 pm by Alexhans »
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: March 30, 2009, 07:06:44 pm »

The long day finally crawls to an end. Karlito, sitting in stunned silence for the day, is picked up and dragged outside. He does not protest, he does not fight back, he just sits silently and awaits his fate.

*crack*

The rifle shot hits him square in the head. His lifeless body falls to the ground...where it remains human. A search of his body and his house reveal nothing strange. It seems he was just a normal person.

Glumly, you all return to your houses to await the night.

Night roles, send me your actions!

Thread is locked until Day 3 dawns.

(Oh, and Happy Birthday Alexhans!)
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia game - Round 2 - Night 2
« Reply #373 on: March 31, 2009, 05:07:50 pm »

Many of you heard shots fired last night. Both those of some sort of automatic rifle and...something else. As you convene the next day at the town hall Webadict tells you all that there is something you must see.

You follow him to his house. There, on the lawn, is the body of some strange being. Obviously an alien. Its right arm has been severed at the elbow, and the arm, along with an unusual looking gun, lie on the ground beside it. The creatures head was also severed, and lies a few feet beyond the body. Its features are masked by an advanced looking helm made of some matte black substance. The entire creature's body is also covered in black armor. What little flesh you do see is a strange reddish-brown. As Solifuge is the only person missing, you guess that this must be his true form.

Looking around, you can see where a nearby tree was hit by a blast from the rifle. You also see the remains of a trash can littering the side of the street. The plastic still smolders faintly in a few places. According to Webadict, he witnessed a fight between this creature and a doppelganger outside his house last night. The doppelganger survived and fled into the night.

Searching the body, you discover this log book. In a fortunate twist of fate, it has been written in English.

Quote from: Alien Logbook
Mission Log, Day 1:
I have safely reached the test planet, Earth. In the interest of company security, I will encode this log in the native language of these pre-interstellar beings, lest the transmission be intercepted by one of our rivals.

I have successfully located all 5 incubation pods of our experimental lifeform within a single settlement, and operations will begin here. The native beings should not suspect my presence, as I have copied the holoform of one "Solifuge", a member of this settlement who fled before proper containment measures were enacted. All routes out of the settlement have since been destroyed.

The Earthlings have already killed one of the experimental lifeforms... Dopplegangers, as they call them. The remaining 4 have integrated into the population, and as of yet I cannot verify their identities. Also of note, through a process I can only describe as Democratic Murder, the Earthlings inadvertently eliminated a rival who planned to inform their government of our experiment. It is quite a stroke of luck, but such an institution means that I must continue to avoid their suspicions.

For now, I will work alongside the Earthlings, as our goals are the same. When the time comes, however, you have my word that there will be nothing left here that could be traced back to the company.

Mission Log: Day 2
An old man from the settlement, one Webadict, has become suspicious of my activities in town. Though I have only tried to root out Dopplegangers at present, he still insists that I am suspicious, undermines my arguments, and points an accusatory finger both at me, and at several other townspeople with little reason. He claims to have ties to an Earthling Agent investigating this town as well...  the same Agent whom my rival was attempting to contact about our operations. If this is a truthful claim, he could pose a great threat to our operations.

Luckily, a unique opportunity has presented itself tonight. Another townsperson, Beacon80, claims that he is a spacefarer... though it may well have been a lie to avoid being democratically murdered, I can still use this to my advantage.

Tonight, I will kill Webadict. Because of Beacon80's claim, I can do this with impunity, as the blame will naturally shift onto the self-proclaimed "Alien", and they will likely vote to murder him in the morning.

The wipe will continue. You have my word.

Mulling over this unexpected event, you return to the town hall for the day's grisly work.

Day 3 will end Thursday ~5pm Pacific Time.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 07:36:05 pm by Mephansteras »
Come play Mafia with us!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia game - Round 2 - Day 3
« Reply #374 on: March 31, 2009, 05:28:57 pm »

Well, that was fortunate, I suppose. Meph, Solifuge WAS an Exterminator, right?
Wait, hold up... that's two aliens already.

Pandarsenic examines the scene. "I suppose that would mean Beacon80 is a liar, wouldn't it? There can't possibly be more than 2 aliens, right? I'll FoS Beacon80, in case I've missed something."
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 41