Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 41

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia game - Round 2 - Game over!  (Read 50926 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia game - Round 2 - Day 5
« Reply #540 on: April 11, 2009, 02:53:36 am »

You said you were going away somewhere, are you going on vacation or something?

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: April 11, 2009, 03:01:06 am »

Nope. Last Saturday I checked out UC Santa Barbara, this Saturday I'm going to UC Santa Cruz (though I'm probably going to UCSB).

It's gonna be boring, folks...

I should sleep now actually, I depart in 11 hours.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: April 11, 2009, 09:17:00 am »

webadict likes to be the essential link in the chain.

Which is why, as I said, if Solifuge had killed him successfully and/or we hadn't thought he had a doctor covering him, this would've gone differently. :3
Quite. I actually knew that Mephansteras had put lots of evidence that I was not being protected, so I went ahead and pmed Pandarsenic that I was being protected by Org and that the incredible plan of him claiming doctor in the same way he always lies seemed to have thrown off Pandarsenic.

In fact, I think they would've figured it all out had I simply said nothing, which I was planning to do when I figured Pandarsenic was the leader.

To tell you the truth Pandar, I checked you last night, and it turned up human, of course. The only evidence that you were the dopp leader was WA's strong suspicions.

He had evidence, but he did alot of crap without telling me.

His conversation with you? He waited a long time before telling me.

Org claiming doctor? He was working behind the scenes with him, and never told me anything about it. I almost enacted a foolproof plan to get him lynched, thinking he was a dopp!

Also there was the purported PM conversation with Alexhans. He never told me about it, period. I just found out when he brought it up in the thread.

He really needs to work on that.
Also, it was my fault for the Org thing, because I thought I had mentioned it. And the Alexhans thing wasn't that big to me... I thought it was just something simple, really, and never thought about it. But I realized it essentially made him guilty.

I feel better knowing that Pandarsenic was the leader. I was right about it the WHOLE TIME! Even before CJ checked you. I knew it. Even when I wanted yu to vote with me, I simply wanted to find that other Dopp.

To tell the truth, I think the only person here who did anything impressive at all was Org. It was masterful.
Technically, I told him to do that. He almost got himself lynched saying, "I have a role, but I won't tell you what he was."

It wouldn't've worked had I not known about it, because josh wanted to lynched him.

My original plan was for WA to intentionally sacrifice himself so that I could get the identity of the doctor, then I'd rough it out from there.

WA didn't sacrifice himself though, instead this web of lies spanning the PM network formed, and the town base got strong.

If you'd simply killed WA, then you might have had a better chance, as the town base would have suffered a large hit in it's infancy.

Also, you're forgetting Zaithemaster, he got a kill too.
I honestly didn't think I'd make it this far. I thought I'd be killed by the doctor thing.

Also, when Pandarsenic switched his vote to me when I said Alexhans, I figured it meant I'd found the Dopp.

I play this game too chaotically for anyone's good. Plus, I play in a fashion where you have to guess whether I'm guessing, lying, making things up or telling the truth. Sometimes I just talk.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: April 11, 2009, 10:36:12 am »

Since you people seem to be going on one big ego trip, I'll join in.

I tried to make my role as obvious as possible without outright saying it.

"On an uprelated note, I don't thing my heart'll be a pumpin' for much longer. If it gives during the night, I don't want nobody wastin' their volumable time tryin' to save me or not'in'! Y'hear? All righty then. Just wanted to get that off me chest."

The "tryin' to save me" bit was directed at the doc, just in case they wanted to keep me from being a night kill. The "not'in'" was directed at the agent, as I didn't want him to waste his "volumable time" (a waste of a role check and a core role) on me, either. This statement was made less suspicious (and thus why it didn't dissuade the Dopps from killing me) by the fact that we were all in character at the time. If we had just been talking regularly, it probably would have been completely obvious as to what I was saying, and the dopps wouldn't have attacked me.

It should not have been "luck" as several people claimed after I died if the agent and doc were actually paying close attention to what people said, as they should.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: April 11, 2009, 10:40:26 am »

Well, I can do one of two things: I can either play out the rest of the game with what people have said they'd do, but instead of PMs just post the results. Or, I can do a single end scene like the last Paranormal game. Whichever you guys prefer.

The whole Exterminator/Dopp clash was pretty interesting. I wasn't sure how that would all effect things. To be fair, though, that exact scenario was described in the rules as having a random outcome based on who won the toss to go first. So far it's sounding like people would like things to be a bit more predetermined, but please feel free to go vote on the issue over in the rules thread.

My apologies for anything rules-wise that people felt reduced their fun in the game. This is only my second time running a mafia game, and there is are lot of conflicting ideas out there on how to do things. Although I've been reading through the mafiascum.net forums some more recently to get at least a general consensus on how people tend to handle things.

I'll probably post all of the Night role PMs for this game on Monday since I forgot to send a copy of my log to myself when I left work yesterday.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: April 11, 2009, 11:38:24 am »

No hard feelings, anyone.

Zaithemaster, I didn't even remember you'd made that post. I selected you night one by looking at the list of players and selecting one I couldn't remember being especially active.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: April 11, 2009, 01:04:33 pm »

Well, I thought it was brilliant.
I'll certainly join the next one.
Meph: Just write up an epic last stand for the dopps.
Long Live United Forenia!

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: April 11, 2009, 01:38:49 pm »

Just remember to reveal who Beacon is.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: April 11, 2009, 01:59:26 pm »

Meph, I was on the receiving end of being dopple-tackled out of a tree during my attack on Webadict, and I honestly thought the result was epic. I think that I'd like it if my strike on Webadict had gone through, even though I died, but the resulting story was well worth it. Also, I'm happy if you'd like to do a single-day resolution to the game, resulting from everyone's admittances.

I really enjoyed the game as the Exterminator. I'm kicking myself that I didn't act sooner on my suspicion against Pandarsenic, and additionally wish I hadn't defended Webadict from the first-night lynch. I was hoping to kill investigators and cause disarray in the town during the day, and follow that with some lone Dopple-sleuthing, until I was the only threat remaining. I hoped to earn the town's trust, but secretly be working to take out perceptive players at night, and lead folks in the hunt for the "Exterminator" once the dopples were gone.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 02:02:00 pm by Solifuge »

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #549 on: April 11, 2009, 02:30:12 pm »

meh.. some you win, some you loose.

Congrats on web's play... Not so much to josh... Web was the real player here.  And I trusted my Leader too much ;)

But it was fun anyway.  It'll give me more experience for the future.  I also disagree with our kill preventing the SK from killing but it's a minor point.

And pandar is right... You were lucky!  The good move was Web being a doc and Org being a war vet. 

Can you at least kill my leader and cage me in a zoo?  I don't want to die... :(  I could make the kids laugh...

Some Pm's for you to have fun...
Try to pretend you were fishing for roles or something...  I'm making it look like if i were the doc or I knew who the doc is.
Not dopple. I gotta plan.
here I found out that Org was probably not a dopp... Wich I forgot later when Pandar told me he knew Org was doc.  I sent a pm somewhere to nuke and pandar telling them that Org might be a war vet but we all forgot.
:o Glad it wasn't me.
Holy shit, guys, we're in the clear.

Webadict thinks I'm the surgeon and the Vet is dead.

Have you claimed to him that you are?
If you have then SUPERIOR VICTORY.

We can get the cop- but do we want to- yes we do-but we can't, because webadict will be like, major suspicion.
How can we steer the town? How do we want to steer the town?

Alex: You're being pretty suspicious. Panda may have to vote for you to maintain credibility.

Also, this was a bad night for the town. They know nothing and their chances of killing one of us has dropped pretty low.

So wrong we were... :( played by web...
Panda you need more sleep, I can't understand you.
1: Should I talk to someone?
1A: If so who?
1AA: What should I talk about?
2: What should alexhans do?

he is saying that we should find the agent via webadict.  kill the agent .  Then kill webadict.  And no one will know that he was contactedd by pandar... therefore he will be clear of lynching suspicion.

I'm not sure what to make of Org yet.  Ill try to keep digging.   Maybe he isnt the doc after all but an army vet.  Consider that.   It would be a great play.  Unless a town PR targetted him wich would fuck everything up.

Nuke... I advise you to blend in.  Dont pull any stunt.  Its enough with Pandar's actions.  And now mine's.  We need a failsafe.
Correction: Kill webadict, so he can't report that the Agent died just after contacting me. Then kill the agent.
Nuke, staying present and mid-activity is probably best, like Alexhans said.

Ok... So... Pandar is getting a lot of heat. 
We should kill Org (he is the doc right?) and then proceed to kill webadict.
Today it is probable that one of us will be lynched.  Don't dare move to defend a partner.  Keep your distance.  If you need to claim, think it over and analize the roles.
Ah, another day won by the magic of inactivity.
*Mephansteras sighs*
Anyway.
I agree, kill org. I'll do it. Gotta wash that taste of alien out of my mouth.
Barbecue in the woods?

And, if push should indeed come to shove, and we have to lose a member to democratic murder, I am willing to die for the greater good. However, I, in a totally neutral way, think that alexhans would be a better target. I find some of his/your posts suspicious. But that may be because of my added knowledge... I don't know, whatever. It would be nice if we could start a bandwagon against one of us... that is a stupid thing for the mafia to do, and therefore a smart move.
Just for reference, webadict is suspicious of Nuke.

I therefore suggest Nuke for Org because webadict seems not to suspect Alexhans.
dude... we're probably screwed.
Zaithemaster   Killed night 1.  War vet.
NUKE9.13   Killed night 2.  Dopp.
Cheeetar   lynched day 1.  Alien that contacts goverment.
Katsuun      Killed night 1. Dopp.
Org      dead night 3. War Vet
Kashyyk      lynched day 4.
Karlito      lynched day 2.
inaluct      lynched day 3.
Solifuge   Exterminator Alien   killed night 2

Alive(7):
webadict   Agent
Masami Phonix   
Arch/Servant Corps   
Beacon80   
Alexhans   
Pandarsenic     
chaoticjosh   

Web believes Masami is town.  Thinks SC is town too because the mod gave the hint when he would say it would unbalance things.  Beacon looks town to web I think.  Chaotic I don't know but he hasn't attracted attention to him.  You are scummy in his eyes.  And that only leaves me.  He WILL check me tonight.  I'm sure.  So I'll go and kill Chaoticjosh that may be the Doc.  Other choice can be masami but I'll go with Josh...

What do you think?

PS:  We deserve to lose anyway.  We have sucked all along.  We got the war vet night 1.  killed the alien exterminator who was about to solve out problem.  Fell in to the war vet's trap even though I had suspected it all along... I was blinded by the certainty in wich you said Org was a doc and didn't remember my suspicions.  Finally I commited a blunder when I asked web if he had checked masami... I assumed that web had claimed....  We're pretty dead but let's die honourably.  Take as many sonsabitches as we possibly can.
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: April 11, 2009, 02:44:57 pm »

Oh yeah, since you're so curious, WA isn't the doctor.

Beacon80 is the doctor, there is no third alien, as far as I know. His roleclaim as alien was supposed to trick the dopps into never attacking him, as he'd be a potential ally in the future.

Also, Masami is the third war vet. I was surprised too.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: April 11, 2009, 02:46:51 pm »

The only person in the powerbase who was competent was Org.

I would have included webadict, but he got too many townspeople lynched, including me.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #552 on: April 11, 2009, 02:48:34 pm »

I totally forgot about beacon... I haven't been to much present in this game and for some reason thought he was already dead.

That's more reasonable with my mafia knowledge.  The doc tries to stay in the dark. 
@Josh: How did you get in contact with the doc?
3 WAR VETS!!!! That's unfair!!!!  How are we supposed to stay alive with so many chances of hitting one...
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: April 11, 2009, 02:51:38 pm »

I totally forgot about beacon... I haven't been to much present in this game and for some reason thought he was already dead.

That's more reasonable with my mafia knowledge.  The doc tries to stay in the dark. 
@Josh: How did you get in contact with the doc?
3 WAR VETS!!!! That's unfair!!!!  How are we supposed to stay alive with so many chances of hitting one...

How I got into contact with the doc? Second day, when I pulled my "Get WA to act as my emissary" plan, the doc contacted him, I got him to contact me, boom, protection.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: April 11, 2009, 03:16:58 pm »

Yeah, the Three war vets was a bit much. It was also statistically VERY improbable, and only possible at all because there was an Exterminator Alien (since he had a chance of killing them without dieing himself).

While I'm tweaking the algorithm around anyway I think I'll make it so that three can't happen at all anymore.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 41