Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia game - Round 2 - Game over!  (Read 50918 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia game - Round 2 - Day 5
« Reply #570 on: April 12, 2009, 12:10:54 am »

No. We're going out in a bloody rage once you get your third vote for one of us. :P
Oh, I see. Well then. Let's get'em, boys!

Whoa there, Solifuge. I never sent them after you! Honestly, I never expected you to be the Exterminator. Best never to make deals with people you don't know.

My biggest problem was that I could only find one Dopp: Pandarsenic, yet I could not find anyone else from his information. He kept your guys' secrets safe.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: April 12, 2009, 12:16:32 am »

Here are the two actions sequences from when I was almost killed:

You head over to Masami Phonix's house to begin your investigations. As you walk around the back fence, however, your foot snags on a line. Suddenly flood lights turn on, washing the back yard in a harsh glow. You hear a voice scream out from the house "Die, you man-eating freak!"

Automatic fire rips through the fence. You duck and try to dodge away, but a bullet slams into your side. You gasp in pain and fall to the ground. Painfully, you roll down into the shelter of the gutter and slowly crawl back towards your house.

As you make your way back a figure approaches you in the dark. He bends down near you and speak softly. "Don't worry, you'll be all right." You try to answer, but you find your vision fading. You drift into the blackness.

You awaken the next morning on your couch. Your side hurts, but the bullet is gone and your wounds have been dressed. Beside you is a bottle of prescription pain medication, with a note to be more careful during your excursions.

You spend the evening investigating Pandarsenic. After most of the night is spent listening to bugs, watching hidden cameras, and other such surveillance you can come to no other conclusion then he is a normal human.

Tired and hungry, you head down to your kitchen to make a snack before going off to bed. As you slice some cheese for your sandwich your kitchen door crashes down. Before you stands the largest doppelganger you've seen yet. It stalks towards you, claws out and fangs barred. Though eyeless, it seems to stare right through you, and you can sense the hunger emanating from it. You stab at it with your knife, and it dodges backwards. You fling your plate at it, but the creature ducks with almost unnatural swiftness, and the plate crashes against the wall. As it rushes you, you try to stab it again, but it grabs your arm and lifts you up. You are spun and hurled down the hallway. You hear a crash, and then the world goes dark.

You awaken on your couch, an ice pack on your head and bandages across your chest. Your head hurts. Your ribs hurt. But at least you're alive. A note on the coffee table simply says 'You're welcome'.

Was that you Pandar?

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: April 12, 2009, 12:18:52 am »

Yeah.

By that point we'd (I'd) decided that of me and Alexhans, keeping others safe was more important than sheltering me since my Dopphood was rather obvious.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #573 on: April 12, 2009, 11:10:43 am »

Nice game to all. I'm afraid that I did lie. A lot. Which is why, if no one noticed, I said, "There are plenty of times when a Townie would need to lie" in game. Sorry for the innocents I got lynched. I'd've preferred to lynch a Dopp...
Don't ever do that in mafiascum where there are no conversations outside the thread.  This is possible here due to the break on the convention of talking during the day and outside the thread between any player.  It's more like gossip mafia.
Quote from: webadict
My biggest problem was that I could only find one Dopp: Pandarsenic, yet I could not find anyone else from his information. He kept your guys' secrets safe.
Oh :) Thanks Pandar
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

Beacon80

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: April 12, 2009, 11:19:57 am »

Yeah, I was the Doctor.  I was trying to get in contact with the Agent (I didn't trust Webaddict at the time), so I thought if I roleclaimed what I thought was the most harmless role out there, it might get him to PM me and maybe keep the dopps from eating me, too.  It was a complete newb move that I can only attribute to this being my first mafia game ever.  Still, it worked out all right.  I saved the agent from getting shot and eaten.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: April 12, 2009, 03:02:37 pm »

As the tide turns against Pandarsenic, he grows more an more furious. Eventually he snaps, and turns on the remaining townsfolk. His form shifts, and in its place stands a large, imposing doppelganger.

"Enough of this farce!" He bellows. "Two of us are more then a match for you puny humans!". He grabs Servant Corps and Webadict with a single hand each, and hurls them the length of the room to crash into the far wall.

Beacon, the doctor, rushes them as Masami Phonix, last of the Veterans, pulls a pistol out from under his jacket.

chaoticjosh, the Agent, pulls out his pistol as well, leveling it against the head of a very surprised Alexhans. "One move, monster, and you're dead"

Pandarsenic hurls a table against Masami, who tumbles back onto the floor. The Doppelganger Leader leaps over to his stunned form and grabs a leg. With effortless might he drags the solider to hang upside down before him. "Any last words, human?" grows the monster.

"Yeah, still got my gun!" shouts Masami, bringing the pistol up and plugging several shots into the doppelganger's chest. With a last burst of strength, the monster flings him away and stumbles for the door. But even its healing abilities are not enough, and it collapses weakly against the door jamb before quietly expiring.

"You, monster, are coming with me" says the Agent to Alexhans. "Luckily for you, you're worth more alive then dead."

"Ah, yes...yes. I'm...I'm glad you see that", stammers the remaining doppelganger. "I won't resist. I just want to live!"

Beacon gets everyone else back up on their feet. Some bruises and a broken bone or two, but at least they're all alive.

Alex allows himself to be bound with heavy steel cable, and the town settles in to wait for the bridges to the outside world to be restored. A very costly victory, but a victory for humanity nonetheless.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: April 12, 2009, 04:39:57 pm »

I prefer my end to Alexhan's, because it doesn't involve me being a total wuss. :P
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: April 12, 2009, 07:08:23 pm »

Aww dangit, the Agent got a Doppleganger... The Corporation will not be pleased...

You are an Alien. Your government has been experimenting with the perfect spy. An artificial race of creatures that can take any form. Even better, they can consume the brain of a creature and take on their memories, their mannerisms, everything. At least in theory. However, while the project has gotten pretty far along it's run into a few snags. This particular batch was being tested out on the pre-interstellar planet of Earth, and while the doppelgangers are good at mimicking the humans they're also worthless as spies. They seem to be consumed with hunger and bloodlust, and are not responding to the control waves the scientists running the program are sending out. Time for a wipe.

That's where you come in. You're an Exterminator. Your job is to wipe the experiment site clean. Destroy all evidence of the creatures and kill everyone in the town off without letting the local government in on your presence. It's possible they are in contact with your enemies, so strict regulations forbid that. Be wary of any other alien forces that may be in town. Hopefully they haven't gotten wind of this venture, but you can't be too careful. If you find any of them, make sure they die as well.

You've already destroyed the spot where the pods were placed down, as well as all other routes out of here. No one is going anywhere anytime soon. So, take your time, pick your targets, and don't get spotted.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: April 12, 2009, 08:59:57 pm »

Actually, I feel good about Alexhans' capture. I feel as though I did something. High fives all around! Excellent game. Except inaluct, who refuses to give credit to anyone.

I probably should've just lynched Pandarsenic, but I figured I could try and extract who his partners were. Never happened. He was crafty... Plus, I didn't think Alexhans was a Dopp at all until he said the checking thing. He would've been fine had he said that he had talked to Pandarsenic. But, I think he thought I was talking about something else.

Old man webadict will be glad to have survived the game.

Nice game to all. I'm afraid that I did lie. A lot. Which is why, if no one noticed, I said, "There are plenty of times when a Townie would need to lie" in game. Sorry for the innocents I got lynched. I'd've preferred to lynch a Dopp...
Don't ever do that in mafiascum where there are no conversations outside the thread.  This is possible here due to the break on the convention of talking during the day and outside the thread between any player.  It's more like gossip mafia.
Yeah. I'd always wanted to join, but... I couldn't actually figure out how to. So, I never did. Also, yes. Their Mafia is very different than ours. I prefer ours though. It's very nice and relaxed, or stressful and strategic, depending on your style of playing.

Also, I actually needed the Town to be smaller in order to completely win. See, our Town base consisted of 4 confirmed. So, we needed to drop the Town to 3 or less non-confirmed in order to ensure victory.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: April 12, 2009, 09:11:46 pm »

I gave credit to Org. And you expect me to congratulate you for lynching me?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: April 12, 2009, 09:16:22 pm »

I gave credit to Org. And you expect me to congratulate you for lynching me?
If it makes you feel better your lynch helped win the game.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: April 12, 2009, 09:22:11 pm »

Welcome to the Paranormal Mafia game!

You are an Alien.

You have been tasked by your government to investigate rumors that a rival Alien civilization has been experimenting with new biological infiltration agents on the pre-interstellar planet of Earth. You set down in this town shortly after all of the killings began, and you witnessed first-hand the pods of the Doppelgangers and the body of the dead doppelganger. Now you have new orders, to contact any Federal Agents within the town, inform them of the true meaning behind the doppelgangers, and use them to get in contact with the local earth Government. However, your presence MUST remain secret. Therefore, any individuals that you contact that are not agents must be killed immediately. Since we do not wish any harm to come to the humans, do not contact anyone unless you have a strong suspicion that they are in fact an agent.

Should you discover that there are no Federal agents in this town, or the agent is killed during your time here, you are to stay in the town and help them find and kill the doppelgangers. Once the danger is passed, you can contact any agents who come to investigate the town afterwards.

Rules: You may contact one person during each night phase (PM me who you choose during the Night Phase). If that person is the Agent, you win and vanish from the game. If that person is not the agent, you will attempt to kill them. You will kill any normal human or Alien. The Exterminator alien or a doppelganger will have a 50% chance to kill you instead. An Army Vet will kill you before you get inside, so you will need to be careful who you target. If the Agent is killed, you act as a regular townsperson, losing if the town loses and winning if you stay alive until the end of the game with the town winning.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Masami Phonix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: April 13, 2009, 12:14:24 am »

You are a Veteran.

You served several tours of Duty in Iraq, and saw your share of conflict. Now, you live in a small town doing basic car repairs and spending your off-time in your own personal firing range in your back yard.

You're pretty sure you could hole up in your house and weather this mess in safety. You've got the supplies for it, and your house is barricaded up pretty good. But you didn't risk your life in a foreign land just to turn your back on your neighbors when they need you most. So you'll go out each day and help them find and kill these monsters. AT night, you keep your guns handy and one eye open. If any monsters come hunting you, they'll eat nothing but lead.

Rules: If anyone comes to you at night, you kill them with your guns. This includes helpful roles, like the Agent or Doctor. You may choose to disable this ability for a night, but that leaves you vulnerable to the doppelgangers should they attack you. I will assume that you are using your ability unless you specifically PM me saying otherwise.

Of course then on the second night...

You sleep fitfully, a modified AK-47 leaning on your bedstand and ready to use at a moment's notice. Partway through the night you hear a click and your alarm system goes off. As you bolt awake and grab your gun you see the back yard floodlight turn on, and a shadowy figure through the slats in the fence. You scream a curse at the monster and open fire. Your bullets explode through the fence. You see the figure drop and roll. You're pretty sure you hit it, whatever it was. Not that you'd be foolish enough to go check, of course.

You spend the rest of the night checking your defenses and patrolling with your gun. They won't catch this soldier with his guard down!

I felt bad for having almost killed Josh,  but I have no regrets for the way I lived.

Seriously though, I was trying to figure out the best way to get the dopps to come after me in the night.  Before I was warned off of accusing Org, I was going to accuse him of lying and claim I was the real doctor.

At least in the end I got to kill the  Dopp leader, even if it wasn't in game.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: April 13, 2009, 08:14:08 am »

Perfect end! Well, almost perfect. How could you lynch me?

But on a side note, will there be a third one?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: April 13, 2009, 09:22:54 am »

Yes, there will be a third one!

I still want to get more opinions on the new roles, but I'll start the signup thread now, i guess.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41