Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 41

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia game - Round 2 - Game over!  (Read 50922 times)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia game - Round 2 - Day 1
« Reply #120 on: March 23, 2009, 09:55:52 pm »

"Ah, I'd forgotten that possibility," Pandarsenic confessed, his voice falling. "Back to square one, then."
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 23, 2009, 10:03:19 pm »

Hmm... well, I suppose Zai's words have a point. We do need to be making headway, as they no doubt already know each other... hmm...."

Solifuge tapped his forehead in thought, before nodding toward Old Man Webadict.

"Maybe i look suspicious... I'm not a doppelganger. Would a doppelganger really initially accuse anyone? Of course not. That'd make them look suspicious... You're not going to get anywhere by lynching me because I'm trying to help everyone."

Interesting that you try to make yourself appear as the victim, when it was the other way around. You were first to accuse someone who was trying to help. Besides, your logic is flawed; it would make sense that the Dopplegangers, who know who the humans are among us, would be the only ones who would be confident enough to make such quick accusations.

As much as I dislike pointing the finger in such a situation, and I pray that I am not wrong... but I must agree with Pandarsenic. You've been acting mighty strangely, old man. Though I await further rebuttal from you to prove your innocence, I think that you, Webadict, are an impostor!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 10:07:11 pm by Solifuge »

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 23, 2009, 10:06:26 pm »

"I've not yet cast my vote for Old Man Webadict," Pandarsenic chided. "The point he observed is obviously true, though - he's drawing great suspicion for having been first to point a finger and a Doppelganger would likely seek to avoid that. However, by observing that principle, he's drawn my suspicion. I shall therefore cast my vote for Old Man Webadict if the rest of you find it to be a fitting choice."
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 23, 2009, 10:08:47 pm »

The drunk suddenly wakes up (having fallen asleep during the preceding conversation, as drunks are apt to do)

"Theresh alienies?  I was probbed by themm onccce.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #124 on: March 23, 2009, 10:22:24 pm »

A sweaty man rusehes to the city hall and enters dramatically...
"Sorry I'm late, my sister was on the phone for hours and I couldn't call so I decided to come all the way here but my car broke so... I ran."
He takes a deep breath and begins:

I think it's important we remember this...
Not all roles are guaranteed. In fact, it's quite possible to have a game with nothing but normal doppelgangers and humans.
There can be more then 1 alien, although each will have different goals.
There will only be, at most, 1 Agent, 1 Doctor, and 1 Doppelganger Leader.
We are 15 people... Our important roles are the agent and the doc.  The aliens can work for themselves and still be protown but our not our real weapons.  I don't really know what to think of army vets... they can kill docs and cops who target them? that's not good.  Maybe they'll be more useful if  the cops and/or docs know them so they don't target them.
I tried running with writing in the 3rd Person Narrative perspective the intro set up, which also helps to remove the personal perspective. Besides, that way people don't reveal their secret plans for world domination private thoughts unless they choose to share them :P
I think it's cool and all but we can't do it all the time... its just make up for hollow content... we need facts here.
just look at inaluct's #74 ... Zero content. oh... and 75,76
Nuke... Aliens aren't bad... dopelgangers or whatever they are called are our enemies.  Aliens just have their own agenda.  I hope the alien's have a conscience and make this world a better place.
"Explain how you know this stranger, it wasn't officially explained!"
Come on people!!! read the rules or we will have it harder...
"You-who-look-like-Adam-Sandler! YOU ARE THE DOPPLEGANGER!
Chaoticjosh.
Can we officialy name Org The mafia-bandwaggon-jumper? he chooses always the scummiest way to play...
what I don't like about solifuge is the third person acting that he tried to impose on us... making us play and forget to actually try and win the game?
"As an aside, I will abstain from voting, until someone can present a logical argument as to why we should kill one of us, especially when we have only a 1-in-4 chance of killing one of them. We should also more closely scrutinize those who are so eager to see heads roll, proverbially speaking."
You could FoS (Finger of Suspicion) you know? So we have a clear idea of who they were and  don't forget easyly... I think that with so many players it's bound to happen.
Well... This is a mess... too many people saying too many things that really are just unsupported accusations...

Let's limit ourselves to point the facts of our suspicions and nothing more...  I'd like to hear what you think of the following:

1) Has anyone even analized the aproximate amount of dopelgangers that there can be in this game?
2) must the war vets act or not for fear of killing the cop(agent) or doc? although it's a 2/15 chance.
3) what do we gain from no lynch? what we gain from lynching?

The stops talking and gives a hard look to his audience... hoping that they are indeed listening.
"Well... gentlemen.  I wan't clear answers so cut the crap.  And I want them fast cause we ain't got much time".
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 23, 2009, 10:30:37 pm »

Inaluct looks shocked.

"...Did you just ask if any of us had ever 'analized' the number of doppelgangers here? You're a sick pervert."

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 23, 2009, 11:17:01 pm »

"If anyone among us happens to be a crazed veteran, I'd recommend he not make it known - it seems a bigger danger to them than to us. Unless someone would like to identify himself as an Agent, and NOT a doctor, to be warned by him to stay back privately, it'd be best for him to remain concealed."
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 23, 2009, 11:46:29 pm »

"What madness is this?(OOC: Sparta!) The man is just a look alike! I vote No Lynch. We should not be culling those who look like Adam Sandler! We should be encouraging them!"
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 24, 2009, 01:48:43 am »

A man in camo walks in, looks around and mutters. He then says, in an Australian accent "I don't know who to vote for. No lynch I s'pose."
He unslings his bolt action rifle and sits down near the door.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 02:01:52 am by Archangel »
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 24, 2009, 02:43:26 am »

NUKE9.13 is quite worried at the amount of hand-held weapons being displayed in public. And paranoia for dummies, that old army-veterans friend. Is the whole town ex-army?

"Listen, folks. I done the math. We have a 1/4 chance of killing a, a, doppelganger-thing. We have a 3/16 chance of killing he who the doppelgangers want dead- the doctor, the cop, and the war veteran. Assuming they are all present here. So you might say that is would be senseless to kill someone at random.
But no, I say. No! If we let these monsters kill again, how are we better off?
Not at all!
The monsters will just kill one of us at random, and we shall have no new information. Therefore we must, although it is a horrible thought, choose one of us who must die. Be he one who would be useful to us, then we may change our stance.

The way of the No Lynch is one that can hide the monster. Vote, even be it at random. We must!
Long Live United Forenia!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 24, 2009, 02:59:14 am »

"He speaks the truth," Pandarsenic said, nodding and frowning at webadict. "However, we may also lynch an Alien - if the alien lynched is an Exterminator, we'll also be better-off."
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 24, 2009, 03:06:47 am »

"The people who seem most anxious to lynch people randomly are those with the most information, i.e. the dopplegangers who know that if they get people on the bandwagon they can kill a random townie with no repercussions. In my opinion, it is best to wait for the roles to work."
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 24, 2009, 03:36:57 am »

Pandarsenic nods at Cheeetar's statement. "That's why I suspect webadict, actually. I suppose inaluct is still suspicious in my eyes as well, though."
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 24, 2009, 11:29:20 am »

"According to Bramford's 'Treatises on Simulacra: The Dopplerganger and You', a doppleganger must first consume the brain of their victim before assuming their form... thus if this "ChaoticJosh" were Adam Sandler's doppleganger, the origional Adam Sandler would be dead, and it would be all over the news.

The grim looking man in the back put down his copy of "Paranoia for Dummies" next to the loaded hand gun he now took everywhere with him. 

"I'll point out that if  somebody ate Adam Sandler's brain, chances are nobody would even notice." he said simply.  "But I can't help but notice that we were discussing things civilly until Webadict started pointing fingers.  Somebody is trying to stir up trouble."

"I pointed fingers because no one had the guts to do it. Obviously, if we don't get anyone to start explaining, we who are the town sit around and wait for the Agent and the Doctor to do everything. What if they die? How then do we defend ourselves? We can't make any accusations based off information we don't have."

"The people who seem most anxious to lynch people randomly are those with the most information, i.e. the dopplegangers who know that if they get people on the bandwagon they can kill a random townie with no repercussions. In my opinion, it is best to wait for the roles to work."

"You're wrong in a lot of regards. The people with the most information are those that wish to avoid scrutiny. If they die, they lose that important source of information. Likely, it is those of us that wish to pose as Town in order to avoid scrutiny by telling us to vote without themselves voting that are the evilest of us all." The old man points another finger at Cheeetar, "No lynch? Why's that? You seem to think that Doppelgangers automatically start bandwagons. I think that's mixed up. Doppelgangers jump on the bandwagons. Better that they hide in the shadows and look innocent then get themselves under suspicion."

NUKE9.13 is quite worried at the amount of hand-held weapons being displayed in public. And paranoia for dummies, that old army-veterans friend. Is the whole town ex-army?

"Listen, folks. I done the math. We have a 1/4 chance of killing a, a, doppelganger-thing. We have a 3/16 chance of killing he who the doppelgangers want dead- the doctor, the cop, and the war veteran. Assuming they are all present here. So you might say that is would be senseless to kill someone at random.
But no, I say. No! If we let these monsters kill again, how are we better off?
Not at all!
The monsters will just kill one of us at random, and we shall have no new information. Therefore we must, although it is a horrible thought, choose one of us who must die. Be he one who would be useful to us, then we may change our stance.

The way of the No Lynch is one that can hide the monster. Vote, even be it at random. We must!

"This is true, but you have yet to vote.

"Although, there are other factors to factor in. Technically, we might be better off NOT killing someone today, based off these facts: For every person killed, we suddenly have less chance of killing off a Town member by mistake, since they are already dead. The only problem is that since everyone voted to not lynch anyone the last day, they have no information to go off of except what the Agent has. Therefore, we try our best to lynch someone based on the information we have."

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 24, 2009, 07:13:52 pm »

"Again with the 'ignore the fact that I accused first please' thing, Webadict?"
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 41