Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 41

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia game - Round 2 - Game over!  (Read 51842 times)

Beacon80

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia game - Round 2 - Day 1
« Reply #165 on: March 25, 2009, 02:43:39 pm »

"What sort of nonsense is this?  You scratch Webaddict off your list on a 'hunch'?  We need evidence, not random feelings.  Webaddict has shown himself to be the most bloodthirsty man here.  I stand by my vote.  I reckon if anyone here is a doppleganger, it's Webaddict."

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 25, 2009, 03:42:51 pm »

"Hunches and mistakes are all we have to go on at the moment friend, but I understand what you mean."

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 25, 2009, 04:01:24 pm »

Ah. I see I'm being dragged into the spotlight.

Bloodthirsty, huh? Because I accused you, Solifuge? I accused you because you said Pandarsenic was not a Doppelganger, which is a lie. You don't know Pandarsenic isn't a Doppelganger, you either think so, or you know he is or isn't because you're a Doppelganger. Simple as that.

So, you're either a liar or a Doppelganger. Your pick.

Beacon80: You haven't yet explained your actions. Way to make me a target here and deflect instead of facing the problem.

You're obviously doing something scummy here. Think like this: You made me a target for no reason without making Pandarsenic a target. You didn't question Kashyyk's judgment on that.

I'm bloodthirsty? Because I want people to start explaining? What is with people and this argument? Would you rather we all had sat back and waited until the end to talk? If you all can't tell, the worst move in any mafia game for the mafia is to be the first one to accuse. Why? Because they'd end up being the biggest target. No, you wait a little bit or point a few finger. Heck, sometimes you just don't vote so no one looks at you.

If I'm lynched tonight, I'd just like you all to know that Beacon80 and Solifuge are suspicious to me. If I'm killed, you'll all find out I'm town.

Whoever is the agent, investigate Beacon80 or Solifuge. That's all I'm saying. If I die, I might as well make sure my suspicions are followed through.

Also, voting No Lynch just lets the Doppelgangers get a kill for the night. You have to remember that the Doppelgangers know who is Town and who isn't.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 25, 2009, 04:05:30 pm »

"Well, you sure like to talk fast. I want to see how fast you doppelgangers die. I vote Webadict."
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 25, 2009, 04:06:20 pm »

The Shadows length outside as the afternoon wears on. It will be night soon. Time draws short, and you must all make your decisions soon.

Just a reminder that Day 1 ends at some time after 5pm Pacific today. ~3 hours from now. Mostly depending on how my work goes, but probably between 5 and 6.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 25, 2009, 04:14:05 pm »

"Well, you sure like to talk fast. I want to see how fast you doppelgangers die. I vote Webadict."
Wow... scumtastic. Just so you know, throwing your vote in at the last second for someone that's been very helpful for the town is so scumlike it's not even funny.

You're saying I wasted a good amount of time making an excel chart for the town when I'm a Doppelganger? Seriously? I've got 3 votes on me now, folks, and that's apparently all it takes. I'm not a Doppelganger, nor have I done anything that resembles anything a Doppelganger would do...

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 25, 2009, 04:15:48 pm »

Wow... scumtastic. Just so you know, throwing your vote in at the last second for someone that's been very helpful for the town is so scumlike it's not even funny.

You're saying I wasted a good amount of time making an excel chart for the town when I'm a Doppelganger? Seriously? I've got 3 votes on me now, folks, and that's apparently all it takes. I'm not a Doppelganger, nor have I done anything that resembles anything a Doppelganger would do...
"Helpful to the town? You've been pointing fingers at everyone who so much as moves."
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 25, 2009, 04:23:51 pm »

Whoops. Math error. 4 votes.

The weary man looks up for the first time since he had spoke.  He had been listening to people eager to hand out death sentences for people he knew.
"You're a blood-thirsty lot, that's for certain.  A man
doesn't want to kill, and that makes you suspicious?  I reckon that's a good as sign as any.  I vote for Mr. Webaddict.  I'm mighty upset with Mr. Phonix, but I see Mr. Webaddict's behavior to be mighty suspicious.  He manages to fast-talk Mr. Phonix out of voting for him, then when my name comes up, he immediately jumps on.  He claims it's on account of I don't talk when I have nothing to say, but there's folks more quiet than I here."
Yes. It does make me suspicious. You're either helping us, or you're not. You can't sit on the sidelines and watch. You're part of this now, and you're going to do something. Albeit, I'd rather you'd vote for someone that actually IS a Doppelganger, instead of me, but at least you're voting now.

"Helpful to the town? You've been pointing fingers at everyone who so much as moves."
As opposed to you who has been doing... what? Nothing? I'm sorry, I guess I should've done that. You do realize that now I've gotten everyone to start voting. It's better than doing nothing. Also, someone do some investigation into the bandwagon on me.

I talk fast? Masami Phonix voted for me, then switched. Big deal. I switched because I wanted Beacon80 to talk. It would've been more suspicious if it were Solifuge to switch. Alas, now I regret not keeping my vote for him, although it'd only look like an OMGUS (It's he that OMGUS'd me.)

At least one or more of you voting for me are Doppelgangers. Find them, people. My death won't let the town down, because the Town will win, despite what any of you Doppelgangers think...

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #173 on: March 25, 2009, 04:26:06 pm »

I'm gonna be honest... I think this is too big and too disorganized for me to post something really smart and helpfull for the town.  I'm disoriented.  I was hoping to wait and read what you all have to say to make a desition before deadline but I'm feeling that I'll probably make a mistake.
  Up till now... In games with much special roles like dwarf... waiting a night doesn't harm anyone.  But not voting day 1 is always uninformative if there's no discussion.  But there is discussion right now so... I'm not sure.

mmmm... maybe a policy lynch in this huge game wont be so bad. I wouldn't dare to do it in mafiascum but gameplay here is different... frenzy. Lurkers that lurk day one will probably do so in the future.  So I'm down with the biggest lurker lynch ;)

and I don't care about your FoS kashyyk.  that list was assembled and striked in an extremely subjective way... Wich you admitted.
"Hunches and mistakes are all we have to go on at the moment friend, but I understand what you mean."
MOD: What's the deadline?
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 25, 2009, 04:26:17 pm »

"Also, by pointing the finger, I do mean the FoS. Not the vote finger."
I've played some mafia.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 25, 2009, 04:30:46 pm »

Guess my post go lost in the debate.

Your basic deadline is 5pm Pacific time (2.5 hours from this post). You MIGHT be able to squeak something in past that, depending on when I have time to actually tally everything up and put in the lynch post. But don't count on it.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 04:44:58 pm by Mephansteras »
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 25, 2009, 04:34:27 pm »

I'm gonna be honest... I think this is too big and too disorganized for me to post something really smart and helpfull for the town.  I'm disoriented.  I was hoping to wait and read what you all have to say to make a desition before deadline but I'm feeling that I'll probably make a mistake.
  Up till now... In games with much special roles like dwarf... waiting a night doesn't harm anyone.  But not voting day 1 is always uninformative if there's no discussion.  But there is discussion right now so... I'm not sure.

mmmm... maybe a policy lynch in this huge game wont be so bad. I wouldn't dare to do it in mafiascum but gameplay here is different... frenzy. Lurkers that lurk day one will probably do so in the future.  So I'm down with the biggest lurker lynch ;)

and I don't care about your FoS kashyyk.  that list was assembled and striked in an extremely subjective way... Wich you admitted.
That's what I said when I was mafia... Just so you know.

Anyhow, it's about 2 and a half hours from now, I think. NINJA'D

It's not like it matters. I'm dead now. I'd need some major bandwagon for someone else in order to survive. So, I might as well make sure the Agent gets my suspicions. I'm town, and you better check the two biggest OMGUS votes ever: Solifuge and Beacon80. After that, check Cheeetar.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 25, 2009, 04:45:02 pm »

nor have I done anything that resembles anything a Doppelganger would do...
Assuming the doppelgangers are bluffing an odd amount of times.
It's mafia. Everyone does everything. The mafia acts like townies. The townies act like mafia. The aliens act like aliens.
The point is, yes you have. You have tried to steer votes to active players. You have joined someone against a player who hasn't said anything suspicious. Lurking, yes. But hey, in comparison. I would say nay, you are doing things a doppelganger would do.
Heck, everyone is doing something a doppelganger would do. On account of the three (generalised) options: Speak a lot, sway the town; speak a bit, bandwagon; lurk, and survive by unnoticeability. However, there are also good reasons for the town to do so. Speak a lot, find the mafia; speak a bit, have a role; lurk, and survive by unnoticability.
Made an excel chart? My friend, such participation is a brilliant way to assure people of your innocence. Your actual innocence is unimportant.
So yeah. You are doing stuff a dopp would do.

But cheetar's quick bandwagon is also suspicious... and rest assured that if you are innocent that you will not have died in vain. Those you voted for become unsure qualities.

+dammit so many posts:
I'm town, and you[the cop] better check the two biggest OMGUS votes ever: Solifuge and Beacon80. After that, check Cheeetar.
I ask the cop not to listen to this (completely): Cheeetar is yes suspicious (assuming web turns out town, which I'm not so sure of). Solifuge mayhaps. But take people at random; that really stings the dopps.
Long Live United Forenia!

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 25, 2009, 04:56:50 pm »

There are only 2 hours remaining in the day, and our tally is as follows:

Voters:
Beacon80:        Webadict (for being manipulative and accusatory)
Solifuge:        Webadict (for bloodthirsty rabble-rousing)
NUKE9.13:        Webadict (for unsupported accusations)
Cheertar:        Webadict (bandwagoning)

Masami Phoenix:  Beacon80 (for quietness and non-confrontationality)
Webadict:        Beacon80 (for conspicuous silence)

Zaithemaster:    Pandarsenic (for putting words in Webadicts mouth)
Inaluct:         Pandarsenic (bandwagoning / for pointing the FoS at him)

Pandarsenic:     Abstain
ChaoticJosh:     Abstain
Org:             Abstain

Non-Voters:
Alexhans
Archangel
Karlito
Katsuun
Kashyyk

Actions of note: (Biased - it's hard trying to look at yourself suspiciously)
Solifuge - Moderate activity. First to post. Promoted following gut instinct. Communist ties.
Beacon80 - Moderate activity.
NUKE9.13 - Moderate activity.
Cheertar - Low activity. Informed about Aliens. Possible bandwagoner.
Masami Phoenix - Moderate activity. Accused someone for silence/inactivity.
Webadict - High activity. Does extensive research of players. Accusatory.
Zaithemaster - Low activity. Doesn't accuse or talk much. Said not to save him in the night.
Inaluct - Moderate activity. Acts crazy and entertaining most times, but coherent while accusing. Possible bandwagoner.
Pandarsenic - Moderate activity.
ChaoticJosh - Moderate activity.
Org - Low activity.
Alexhans - Low activity. Logical and observant.
Archangel - No activity.
Karlito - No activity.
Katsuun - Low activity.
Kashyyk - Low activity.

(Let me know if I missed any votes or suspicious activities. Also, Webadict, I really don't hate you and think you're bloodthirsty, I promise ;D)

(Also, since there are presently 5 non-votes, and no true majority, there will be no lynch, correct?)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 05:38:21 pm by Solifuge »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 25, 2009, 05:24:59 pm »

(I know nobody hates me. It's a game.)

Anyhow, yes I will be lynched. It's based on the simple majority, not the true majority. Therefore, I will be lynched tonight.

Yeah, NUKE9.13 is right. Don't listen to me. Look randomly, because otherwise the Doppelgangers will know who to kill. Therefore, don't listen.

Also, (Just a note to my innocence) I would've roleclaimed doctor in this situation if I were a Doppelganger. One, I wouldn't die today and would only die tomorrow under investigation of the Agent (Who would then have to reveal himself, thereby giving the Dopps the correct Agent (They would have to find the Doctor)) As if I haven't played Mafia as mafia before. Alas, I'm not a Dopp, nor any important role, so see ya.

Meph, might as well call it a day.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 41